http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 09:57:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kameo it is!  (Read 1267 times)
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2005, 10:53:07 PM »

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kameoelementsofpower/media.html

Stream or Download Video Tour 1.

I am VERY impressed.  This is a day one buy for me for sure.  This is what I imagined next gen games to look like.
WinoMcCougarstein
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 11:44:08 PM »

I wanted this game back when it was announced for the Xbox.  Now that it on Xbox 360 I still want it but I am weary of the delay.  It seems like the majority of games that get a substantial delay end up letting me down.  We'll see though, this game looks like it could turn out quite good.  I love the colors in it!

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 12:58:35 AM »

I wanted it when it was an N64 game...heh.  That's how long it has been churning.  I am impressed so far by what it looks like on 360 compared to the N64 movies/shots and the Xbox shots.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 01:25:07 AM »

I think it looks very cool from the screens/videos. I will likely get this on launch day.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 01:07:57 PM »

So Far My Launch Titles are

Kameo and Perfect Dark.

I hope it will be RARE back in form.

I may get PGR3, King Kong? Depending on Reviews.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 02:39:16 PM »

My launch titles set in stone now are:

Perfect Dark Zero - Because let's face it, if it's being pushed that hard with the bundles, it HAS to be good, right? RIGHT?!!?!

Dead or Alive 4 - Hrhh. It's for the deep & tactical fighting engine. Honest.

PGR 3 - IT IS A LAUNCH TITLE, LA LA LA, CAN'T HEAR YOU. Though, on a somewhat disappointing note, the game's reported to only run at 30fps - a fact I thought we'd get away from with the next gen.

And finally, with regards to this thread...
Kameo - I'm actually surprised this is being so overlooked. Then again, I didn't know it had been built since the N-friggin-64, so that might have something to do with it. That said, everything that I've seen of it these days, has impressed me, so at least the look of the title is unique. Not only that, but Kameo played a very pivotal role in me deciding whether I wanted an X360 at launch or not.

Basically, two titles from the four above are Rare's, so I really hope they've got their mojo back.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 02:52:35 PM »

Hmmm. looks nice but I dunno... I'm unconvinced.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 05:55:03 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
I wanted it when it was an N64 game...heh.  That's how long it has been churning.  I am impressed so far by what it looks like on 360 compared to the N64 movies/shots and the Xbox shots.

Yeah, I've been looking forward to this game since its N64 origins as well. That's how much trust I have in Rare's abilities to make games. Hopefully between this and Perfect Dark, we'll see the Rare that used to be.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 07:52:40 PM »

Speaking of launch titles, I am thinking these are for sure:
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo
Oblivion(meh...if it makes it....)
Ghost Recon AW

and then:
Maybe double dip on Tiger Woods 06
Maybe Madden 06
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 08:11:34 PM »

This is funny.  Do you realize that all of you listing several games to get on launch day combined with the Xbox Premium, you are basically/essentially getting a bundle???  You know, those things everyone complains about? :wink:

Actually, I'm right there with you all.  I'm getting:

Xbox360 Premium ($399)
Kameo ($49.99)
Oblivion ($59.99) -Thanks Mytocles! :evil:
Dead or Alive IV ($59.99)
Extra Wireless Controller ($49.99)

for a total of $618.96 + $37.14 tax for a grand total of $656.10! :shock:   Of course, I will minus my depost of $656.10 and it won't cost me anything! :wink:  It certainly helps to be divorced/single and living with relatives and not having a girlfriend.  It makes $600 easy to spend.  Unless of course you drink lots of Mountain Dew and get shitass lucky like Hetz. :wink:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 08:50:51 PM »

Oh, I realize that very well, since mine actually IS a bundle. I was just lucky enough to have EBGames by happenstance create one that pretty much fills up everything I'd personally want from one, down to the games and accessories.

The problem people (including I) have with bundles become apparent when that's the only option offered to them. Now, you can still go to a B&M store, and get one without all the clutter.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 03:53:28 AM »

You're welcome, Starshifter!  Tongue  

But why buy all that other stuff?  Oblivion is all you'll need for months!  Cool Plus, I figure that if anyone wants to use my 360 - then, G'D it, they can do it with a cord - if I let them touch it at all!

I'm in denial about how much this is going to cost with just the "basic hard drive included" system, and Oblivion... And the fact that I have a total of $55 down on it so far!  :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 04:03:09 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
You're welcome, Starshifter!  Tongue  

But why buy all that other stuff?  Oblivion is all you'll need for months!  Cool Plus, I figure that if anyone wants to use my 360 - then, G'D it, they can do it with a cord - if I let them touch it at all!

I'm in denial about how much this is going to cost with just the "basic hard drive included" system, and Oblivion... And the fact that I have a total of $55 down on it so far!  :roll:

Me too-I have no clue how the hell I will afford this, but I WILL have it.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 01:30:34 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Me too-I have no clue how the hell I will afford this, but I WILL have it.

I know what you mean Calvin.  For me it's easy.  I sacrifice so much.  I do everything for my kids and nothing for myself.  No vacations.  No major purchases.  Don't go out.  No partying.  No dating.  Continue saving money and only spend it on the kids.  Plus, I don't get any Christmas or birthday presents from anyone, other than what my kids make me in school.

Therefore, I deserve this X360!  So, spending that $600+ doesn't even make me blink.  It's my reward for the sacrifices - and it gives me something to look forward to. biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: