http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 12:55:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kameo 2 canned by MS  (Read 751 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »

i can't really say i am that upset,as i wasn't overly enjoyed with the first one,however part of the reason is because it didn't sell well,the other reason is because they wanna make way for Natal projects...i hope this doesn't become the norm,making way for Natal

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226515

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:30:50 PM »

As someone with zero interest in Natal, I find this to be a bit concerning as well.  I do think it's a pretty cool technology, but if I'm going to play a game, I want to do it with my ass firmly planted on the couch with as little extraneous movement as possible, thank you very much.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 02, 2009, 02:30:50 PM

As someone with zero interest in Natal, I find this to be a bit concerning as well.  I do think it's a pretty cool technology, but if I'm going to play a game, I want to do it with my ass firmly planted on the couch with as little extraneous movement as possible, thank you very much.

+1

If I wanted to be moving around and getting exercise, I could do yardwork.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 02:43:49 PM »

I'm sure that's what people will say about holodecks in the future too.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 02:47:08 PM »

I thought the first one sucked

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 03:27:16 PM »

The first one was entertaining (and I've held onto it for my daughter to play) but I wasn't going to take a day off to play the sequel upon release. Still not the best news when a decent, new IP gets stalled.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »

Quote from: Devil on November 02, 2009, 02:47:08 PM

I thought the first one sucked

That's cool, but I disagree. I think Kameo was a pretty strong launch title that has never really gotten the credit it deserves. I would have definitely been interested in a sequel.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »

I'm on the "it sucked" bus. And I finished it.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 05:05:17 PM »

I didn't finish it, buy my son and daughter played it together to completion, so I'm a bit disappointed a sequel isn't going to be made. I was hoping that Molyneux's influence, now that he's creative director at MS EU, might have rubbed off on it. As well, how many really good Adventure games, including sub-genres, are there on the 360? I've enjoyed the Tomb Raider, Naruto, King Kong and Resident Evil games, but I'm thinking you could probably count the number of quality titles on your hands and toes. The Kameo sequels fate confirms something I felt all along about the game; it would have been better left on it's original intended platform - the Gamecube.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 05:14:34 PM »

The thing about kameo is that it was pretty, difficulty wasn't punishing (it autosaved every 5.3 seconds I think), had an epic fantasy feel (remember the huge battles?), was moderately family friendly, appealed to girls and boys, and even had some coop play features (with free download). A lot of those characteristics are sorely underrepresented on 360.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on November 02, 2009, 05:14:34 PM

The thing about kameo is that it was pretty, difficulty wasn't punishing (it autosaved every 5.3 seconds I think), had an epic fantasy feel (remember the huge battles?), was moderately family friendly, appealed to girls and boys, and even had some coop play features (with free download). A lot of those characteristics are sorely underrepresented on 360.

I hear you. I just found that game to be really tedious. I love action platformers and adventure games and wish there were more on any platform. I've had to play the Banjo games on Live Arcade to get a fix. Luckily we had Uncharted and Ratchet just come out on PS3, but now we have to wait for Assassin's Creed 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and then the next Tomb Raider or Prince of Persia. There certainly doesn't look to be any new 3D platformer IP coming any time soon.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 02, 2009, 05:43:26 PM

Quote from: Misguided on November 02, 2009, 05:14:34 PM

I hear you. I just found that game to be really tedious. I love action platformers and adventure games and wish there were more on any platform. I've had to play the Banjo games on Live Arcade to get a fix. Luckily we had Uncharted and Ratchet just come out on PS3, but now we have to wait for Assassin's Creed 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and then the next Tomb Raider or Prince of Persia. There certainly doesn't look to be any new 3D platformer IP coming any time soon.

And there lies the problem for me - I don't want to buy a PS3 or constantly keep my PC upgraded just to be able to enjoy the upcoming Adventure games. And It's because of that I don't like hearing news about cancellations on the 360 - RPG's either for that matter. If they announced the cancellation of a shooter or sports title for the 360 I wouldn't be as concerned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: