http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 11:02:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kameo [Full Soundtrack]  (Read 988 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2005, 01:23:12 AM »

http://www.kameosoundtrack.com/

I now know which game I will be preordering! :!:

Wake up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 01:24:16 AM »

As someone who loves soundtracks anyway, this is right up there with the best soundtracks I have heard.  Bravo.

Wake up.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 01:27:57 AM »

No Supertramp?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 01:39:06 AM »

I have read two XO5 event guides today that says Kameo is so far really the only (well not counting Oblivion-that seems to be a given for most everyone in terms of graphics) Next Gen title and may be the real system seller. This is coolness.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 02:23:03 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
I have read two XO5 event guides today that says Kameo is so far really the only (well not counting Oblivion-that seems to be a given for most everyone in terms of graphics) Next Gen title and may be the real system seller. This is coolness.

Go I would hope so, Rare's only been working on it since 2000 or earlier. It'd be a shame to see another game get five years plus of work and suck. It's refreshing to see a team actually do good work with that time.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 03:26:17 AM »

I started off uncertain about my Kameo preorder but I'm starting to get excited about it.

The good news is, it turns out we're only going away for 2 days for Thanksgiving instead of 5 which means more Xbox 360 time! WOO!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 01:06:55 PM »

I usually don't think much about the soundtrack, but my goodness this is awesome.  I love it, I can really see this soundtrack adding to the game instead of being invisible/detracting from the game.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 01:30:59 PM »

Ah, there's nothing quite like a good videogame soundtrack. Unfortunately most music nowadays is just 'mood music', just something to listen to as you do whatever you do.

This however, sounds really good. I might have to pick this soundtrack up. Add it to the pile of good soundtracks I already own. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 05:33:29 PM »

Wow.  I love good soundtracks, and this is a great soundtrack.  I was on the fence about kameo, but now, it's going to be a preorder.  

Thanks for the soundtrack link.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 04:42:55 PM »

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

OMG!  I got intense chills just listening to those samples.  I'll reserve judgement until I can purchase and listen to the entire CD, but this soundtrack could quite possibly approach the unbridled excellence of the ADVENT RISING soundtrack!

I'm now listening again to these samples.  Incredible!!!!!!!!!  I have not had constant chills listening to a soundtrack since Advent Rising.

A few comments on some of the tracks:

Kameo's Quest is stunning and spine-tingling!  Memorable!  I'm hooked!!!

Hero's Theme - regal, strong and sweeping!

Forest Glade - I can vividly picture the scenery in my mind!  Almost weeping, sad, yet inspiring and hopeful at the same time!

The Badlands - Wow!  I can't wait to experience the battles associated with this epic score!

A Lament for Solon - OMG! :shock: Wonderfully melancholy.  I feel as if my hero is kneeling over the still body of his/her love - a single tear drifting slowly down his/her cheek as he/she kisses his/her lips for the final time.  Great sorrow.

Ice Mountain's Onslaught - no kidding when the description says it has a "sense of urgency"!  Very, very epic sounding!

Drok's Theme - battle weary and totally pissed off!  I can just imagine Kameo saying "Bring it on"!

I have a thing for orchestra's combined with a choir.  This combination was used to great effect in the Advent Rising soundtrack and in Duel of the Fates by John Williams.  My congrats to Steve Burke who composed the music.

I cannot wait to grab this soundtrack! biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 04:59:18 PM »

I loved the Advent Rising soundtrack too.  I was floored when I saw that Tommy Tallarico did the writing, composing and arrangement for the AR score.  I always associated him with that review show on G4tv.  He may be a cheesy dude, but he's one heck of a talented young composer.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 05:28:33 PM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"
I loved the Advent Rising soundtrack too.  I was floored when I saw that Tommy Tallarico did the writing, composing and arrangement for the AR score.  I always associated him with that review show on G4tv.  He may be a cheesy dude, but he's one heck of a talented young composer.

That show is one of the few G4 shows that I actually enjoy!  He is a funny guy with some straaaaange game opinions.  I believe he gave Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a 9 or something like that.... very strange.  This soundtrack is awesome though, I hope it is an indication of how the rest of the game will be.  If they put this much time into just the soundtrack I'm going assume they put a lot of time into the rest of the game as well.  I WANT IT NOW!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: