http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 05:25:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just installed DivDiv...  (Read 915 times)
unbreakable
« on: May 11, 2006, 08:46:58 PM »

Any advice for a noob?

I would like to try out the Mage, but the Warrior sounds really good.  Is this game like Diablo in the sense that every class can basically do everything the others can if you have the stats?  Or are the classes fundamentally unique?
PhreezePeach
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 12:43:11 PM »

It's been a while since I've played it .. I DID enjoy it, but didn't finish it

Diablo is one of the few games that did classes right (IMHO) .. forcing you into a skill set .. and playing the game differently based on those skills .. some of the later patches seemed to have added cross class abilities based on equipment you might find

Div-Div .. allows a sword-wielder to throw fireballs if they wish ... choosing a class, such as MAGE will give you a boost to your Intelligence\Mana ... choosing WARRIOR will give a boost to strength, possibly +1 to sword skills ... etc .. (I played a fireball chucking swordie .. conjuration is helpful for tank and distraction)

there are some quest related bugs .. and you should try and find forums that address these

:oops: I have a feeling that you're far enough into it by now that I didn't tell you anything you haven't figured out

I played only 5 minutes of BEYOND DIVINITY .. div-div 2 is a wait and see because of that

Dump a bag of Skittles in the toilet. Flush. Watch a three second NASCAR race.
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 05:47:29 PM »

I'm thinking of starting over.  I picked a mage, but after I ran out of mana (which happened very quickly), I had to use a weapon, which worked about as well as one might expect.

Actually, I wasn't doing too bad until I got killed, at full health, by accidentally hitting the 'repair' skill.  The damn thing would not turn off, so I stood there and got killed by a skeleton since it would not turn off the repair ability no matter what I tried.  On a positive note, I was able to repair a weapon in my backpack after I died  :roll:
hitbyambulance
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 02:07:08 AM »

i really* do want to play this game, but it tends to crash on my computer randomly when entering buildings.   i've done all of the 'suggested fixes' on the official website (except 'roll back your video driver to a much earlier version' - yeeeeah, sure thing) - nothing worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: