http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 07:17:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Finished Kameo  (Read 1295 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2006, 11:59:46 PM »

Well, I finished Kameo today.  Very much enjoyed the story and gameplay.  My biggest regret/dissapointment is that you get the last two elemental warriors with very little left to go in the game.  I would have loved to have had more time to interact with and develop my warriors.  They obviously left quite a few loose ends which I hope are tied up in a sequel.  I would like to see the sequel be more open ended, allow multiple ways to do things depending on which warriors you use.  All in all a wonderful game.  My total play time clocked in at around 18 hours, and I still missed 3 elixers of life and 19 fruit.  Hoping to go back and tie up the stuff I missed.  

Curiously, what elemental warrior did everyone favor the most?  I liked using Snare once I got him and really liked flex (think that was his name).
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 12:16:26 AM »

I think I used Chilla the most.  Towards the end, I used Thermite quite a bit... wait, was that his name?  The little insect dude.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 12:55:17 AM »

Major Ruined the game for me.  :cry:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:25:49 AM »

Chilla, Ash, and Major Ruin for the most part.

Until I got Thermite, then I used him as much as possible due to his explosive fire power.

I got all the eyeball pieces(special powers) and most if not all of the alternate skins.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 01:54:37 AM »

None.  I got sooooo bored of shooting misquitoes that I just bailed.   Beautiful, colorful game though.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 02:43:17 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Major Ruined the game for me.  :cry:

Sorry to hear that Devil.  I barely ever used him, and don't honestly remember that many occasions of needing to use him overall.  

Ah I missed one of the special powers and I think 2 or 3 alternate skins.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 01:47:06 PM »

Sorry to hear that Devil. I barely ever used him, and don't honestly remember that many occasions of needing to use him overall.

Really? How'd you go about rolling everything into everything else from the water boss on?

If there's a different way to go about it, I might be back IN!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 03:56:14 PM »

I think you can use Below40's swinging arm to push stuff around, and Thermite to blow stuff around. make sure you try and find all the fruits to upgrade everyone's abilities.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 04:59:12 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Sorry to hear that Devil. I barely ever used him, and don't honestly remember that many occasions of needing to use him overall.

Really? How'd you go about rolling everything into everything else from the water boss on?

If there's a different way to go about it, I might be back IN!

Water boss... I used Kameo as is and hovered over the water to avoid the electricity then would just fly until I had a shot lined up, pop in as Major Ruin, one rush, hit the boss dive in as deep blue.  It only took me two tries to beat the water boss, so not sure to be honest.  After that there was only 1 other time I remember of having to ping pong with Major Ruin.   Towards the end you get Snare who can bite and then throw enemies.  (so if I remember correctly, you play ping pong on the water boss then not again until the last stage, but you may be able to use snare on the last stage, I didn't try).
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 03:20:59 PM »

hmm, an interesting strat for that boss, Arkon!

not the way i did it (i struggled through, using Major Ruin to ricochet bombs and then deep blue to dive...took me like a million tries, too), but seems to make a lot more sense, lol.

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »

I'm about to finish Kameo, myself, and I'm suprised to say it looks like Pummel Weed got the most use from me.  He seemed to be the only one I could get into slow-mo mode (though my scores on the arcade levels are not above C anywhere with a dismaying number of F's - not sure if I'll replay these, but I'm betting no).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »

Finished up Kameo today in eight hours.  Short game indeed.  But I didn't spend any of my elemental fruit getting any abilities and I didn't even use any money I collected.

I enjoyed it for the most part, though, I would probably rate it at a 75%-80%.  There were some fun parts, the elemental warriors are nice and varied, and some of the environments were pretty fun.

But it really comes across, to me, as a somewhat "broken" game.  Well, maybe not broken, but just . . . not as good as it really could have been.  I would have liked more involving dealios at the battlegrounds.  Sure the occasional "lit this cannon!" sort of quest was alright, but it wasn't enough.  That and, basically, there wasn't much enemy variety.  Fighting that first boss guy (the one where you need to uppercut his jaw) several times in what seemed like every level got old.

I did like the set-up of the last "level", even though the last boss fight was kind of weak.

Overall, I would peg it at a fun rental.  It was a pretty game that has some weird graphical nuiances (such as the tiny little portrait box of people when you talked to them and some cutscene actions characters would do), a bit of repeatedness, nice varied elemental warriors (same complaint as earlier - last two warriors you get way too late - would have liked to play as them more), and a pretty "eh" story.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 02:38:22 AM »

Depward:  Now you and Moriarty should play the online co-op stuff together.  I'm not that good as that type of game so she's been lacking a partner to go through them.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 03:30:37 AM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Depward:  Now you and Moriarty should play the online co-op stuff together.  I'm not that good as that type of game so she's been lacking a partner to go through them.

I'd be up for it, myself.  I keep looking to see if people on my friend's list are playing Kameo.  I did see one person, but I sent an invite that person didn't respond to.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
depward

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 03:33:27 AM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"

Perhaps, perhaps.  Though, just to have it out there, I probably wouldn't even think about the "A Ranking" co-op - just getting through those levels co-op would be cool.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
MerianMoriarty
Gaming Trend Reader

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 03:51:56 AM »

lol...the best ranking i've ever gotten on a level was like a C or something...maybe worse.  XD

XBox Live Gamertag: M Moriarty

Currently Playing:
<360> eternal sonata/warriors orochi/PORTAL!/that-game-with-that-dude-in-the-spacesuit-and-all-those-alien-guys3
<XBox> ...
<PS2> ffxii (working on Yiazmat) (on indefinite hold)
<PSP> dead head
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: