http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:28:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Cause 2  (Read 6292 times)
Greg Wak
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »

I just started this after getting it in a steam christmas sale. it's just ok. Parts I really like, but lack of save anywhere is annoying. And things like Capturing a place for a faction and then blowing the crap out of it to get Chaos and money don't make much sense. The aircraft controls drive me insane. Some of the missions are rather fun, and the whole island thing is realized rather well. If I had paid full price I would have been unhappy, but on the cheap it's an okay game.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2013, 05:30:40 PM »

the MP Mod is supposed to be officially released today.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2013, 01:14:53 AM »

I was just on a server with 1000 other players, and everything seemed to be running smooth.  I think the biggest server I saw had room for 10K players.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2013, 03:33:29 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 17, 2013, 01:14:53 AM

I was just on a server with 1000 other players, and everything seemed to be running smooth.  I think the biggest server I saw had room for 10K players.

I played through JC2 on the 360 and even though it's pretty cheap right now on Steam (80% off), is it worth getting it just for the MP mod? Is the gameplay organized at all, or just a bunch of running around and random shooting?

Also, should I pick up the JC2 collection with all the DLC, or is the basic game enough to enjoy the MP mod?

UPDATE: And one more question, is there any requirement to complete some portion of the SP game before being able to play in the MP mod?

Thanks for any answers you might be able to provide  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:38:05 AM by jztemple2 » Logged

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2013, 03:43:05 AM »

Think GTA Online but with more players and tons more craziness.  Expect a lot of random chaos and death plus other activities like racing; the server I was playing on occasionally made announcements about races and other events that you could join if they weren't full.  One thing to remember is that this is a work in progress, so expect glitches in the beginning (it is version 0.1.0 right now).

I don't see anything on the main site that says you need any of the DLC, but since they're selling the DLC collection for $6.99 by itself and the game + DLC is only $5.99, I'd say if you did grab it you might as well go all the way.

and nope, no SP required.  the mod will be a separate entry on your Steam library list.  It's about 26 megs to download.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:44:42 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2013, 03:46:18 AM »

Thanks CeeKey thumbsup. I'm downloading the JC2 demo right now just to make sure my basic video card has the chops to handle this, but like you note, it's so damn cheap right now, it would seem to be worth picking it up.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2013, 04:16:15 AM »

I tried the demo and turns out it runs pretty well on my rig, so I got the Just Cause 2 collection, which has all the DLC and also the original Just Cause. I had played the original when it came out but really remember little about it. Anyway, I figure I'll be on JC2 MP in a couple of hours, just to see the craziness for myself.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2013, 05:16:49 AM »

Ok, I'm on MP... how to I enter commands like /tp racetrack? I tried the tilde key (~) but the console window I get doesn't seem to accept the commands.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2013, 05:18:13 AM »

hit T for the chat window, then you put in the commands there.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2013, 05:38:50 AM »

put in about 2 hours so far, and stability seems to vary server to server.  The first one I tried had no issues, but I had a couple of CTD's with the one I was just on.  of course lag also varies.  Their server browser doesn't seem to store recently played servers yet, and the sorting is a bit wonky right now.  if you sort by players it always takes the first number into account, so even if there are 8 players on one server and 754 on another it will always show in this order:

spent the last hour just screwing around in the airport.  I think the fun part about this over GTA Online is that money doesn't seem to matter, and you feel freer to just screw around.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2013, 05:40:29 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 17, 2013, 05:18:13 AM

hit T for the chat window, then you put in the commands there.

Thanks!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »

just found out F5 brings up a help menu as well.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2013, 06:29:03 AM »

well, I think I figured out the crashes.  it seems they are related to how many people are in a particular area.  Tonight, on a server with 700+ players, I crashed twice when I went to the main airport.  decided to try and stay away from it, had 0 crashes for the rest of the night.  besides, airport2 and 3 are where all the military jets and copters are icon_twisted

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: