http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 02:52:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jedi Knight II - How do you kick?!  (Read 2168 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2007, 06:39:32 AM »

For some reason (nothing to do with my aging hardware of course) I decided to boot up Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast again after all these years and amazingly, there are still people playing online.. The few servers left seem to be 'lightsaber only' and while it's a lot of fun jumping around like a jedi and engaging in saber duels, some people are able to kick you in the duels. I've looked all over the command list and see nothing on how to kick someone. Trying a how to kick google search only shows you how to kick people out of games.. I dont even remember there being kicking the last time I played (years ago).

Anyone know what key/command you might use to kick a person while in combat?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »

Wow - I just re-installed this last night too. Talk about timing.  icon_cool I remember struggling for a decent frame rate in 2002, now it runs like glass at max settings.

I don't see any sort of kick or melee attack in the manual, or in the 1.03 and 1.04 patch notes so I'm stumped too:
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/jedioutcast/jkiiup104.txt

Maybe they're just using the Force Push attack? icon_confused Or else maybe somebody created a "kicking" melee attack mod.

I remember having some fun with the multiplayer but ultimately (to me) it felt more like people re-enacting a battle scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (hop, skip, etc.).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:57:10 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 03:40:13 PM »

I just right-click on the mouse for the kick.
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 04:55:01 PM »

Kick?  I don't recall ever being able to do that.  You can use force push/pull for that, however.  It's uber in deathmatch!

I'd feel really silly if there was a kick there the whole time I didn't know about.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »

As I recall, if you're using the double-sided lightsaber with both ends active, you can kick by clicking the right mouse button and pressing in a movement direction on your keyboard.

-Autistic Angel
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 05:16:46 PM »

Ah, that must be why: I always went with two sabers, rather than the double saber.

Having the kick seems, in hindsight, like it would have been the most powerful option.  How big is the knockback on it?

[edit] Oh wait a minute... Jedi Outcast didn't have any of that, it just had the single saber.  The other options weren't added until Jedi Academy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 05:18:43 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 06:35:16 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on October 23, 2007, 05:16:46 PM

Having the kick seems, in hindsight, like it would have been the most powerful option.  How big is the knockback on it?

Well, if you're playing Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, it's the most powerful move in the game. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »

How do you kick in JK2?  you kick it.... OLDSKOOL!!!!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 04:28:16 AM »

Using the right mouse button (even with the double sided saber) just throws your saber out. When you get kicked, and you're killed, it'll say something like "CeeKay received a swift kick to the head from corruptrelic!"

Especially for 1 on 1 duels, it gets really annoying having your opponent kick you (3 of them and you're pretty much killed) when you're fighting fairly with just your saber.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 05:49:01 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on October 24, 2007, 04:28:16 AM

Using the right mouse button (even with the double sided saber) just throws your saber out. When you get kicked, and you're killed, it'll say something like "CeeKay received a swift kick to the head from corruptrelic!"

Especially for 1 on 1 duels, it gets really annoying having your opponent kick you (3 of them and you're pretty much killed) when you're fighting fairly with just your saber.

you know, you could always ask them.... in game  eek

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 09:29:41 AM »

I've lost track of how many times I've asked in-game now.. its almost as if someone told me how, I'd be on equal playing ground with the ones that kick!

unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 04:43:41 PM »

Doesn't it say inside the key config screen?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 02:04:11 AM »

heh, took me a whole 3 seconds to find it in google- hope this stuff works:

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Hint: "Hidden" Moves
Red Stance - Stand still then press and hold attack button. When both hands are on the saber press and hold forward and jump at the same time.

Red Stance (alternate) - While running, keep holding forward and press attack. When both hands reach the hilt of the saber tap and hold jump so that jump, attack, and forward are all pressed down.

Blue Stance - Hold crouch and tap forward and attack at the same time.

Yellow Stance - Run forward and have your crosshairs on an enemy. Then just as you get to the target, press and release attack and jump.

Kick in the Face - Run up to a person or a wall, and double jump as soon as you are about to hit them.

Side Kick - Strafe and jump as you are about to hit a target.

Note: When doing a kick off of people or walls, you must hold the direction that you are heading while you jump. You don't have to kick them in the face, but kicking them in the front will make you run up their body to kick them in the face. This sends them sprawling across the ground, leaving you to follow up with another attack.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 04:28:57 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 25, 2007, 02:04:11 AM

heh, took me a whole 3 seconds to find it in google- hope this stuff works:

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Hint: "Hidden" Moves
Red Stance - Stand still then press and hold attack button. When both hands are on the saber press and hold forward and jump at the same time.

Red Stance (alternate) - While running, keep holding forward and press attack. When both hands reach the hilt of the saber tap and hold jump so that jump, attack, and forward are all pressed down.

Blue Stance - Hold crouch and tap forward and attack at the same time.

Yellow Stance - Run forward and have your crosshairs on an enemy. Then just as you get to the target, press and release attack and jump.

Kick in the Face - Run up to a person or a wall, and double jump as soon as you are about to hit them.

Side Kick - Strafe and jump as you are about to hit a target.

Note: When doing a kick off of people or walls, you must hold the direction that you are heading while you jump. You don't have to kick them in the face, but kicking them in the front will make you run up their body to kick them in the face. This sends them sprawling across the ground, leaving you to follow up with another attack.

Whoah...now those are some nice hidden moves; would be a lot of fun to try. I just got this game about 6 months ago, but I haven't had much opportunity to play it yet. I've noticed that the JKII servers listed on XFire are often quite buy. If anyone here's interested in some online play just PM me or message me on XFire.
unbreakable
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 05:46:04 AM »

Wow... people are still playing JK2?  I was great at it, and really only stopped playing because the last time I went to play there were only a handful of servers up.

Holocron matches rule!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 06:13:27 AM »

Thanks for your "couple of seconds", CeeKay! Finally a solid answer on how to kick..

Kronovan - have you tried the built-in multiplayer/internet browser? There's usually always people online. My nick is corrupt81, usually online every other night (around 1am EST) or so.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 02:26:30 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on October 25, 2007, 06:13:27 AM

Thanks for your "couple of seconds", CeeKay! Finally a solid answer on how to kick..

heh, I typed in 'kick move in Jedi Outcast' and it was the first or second link that popped up on Google.  seems kind of silly they didn't include that move in the manual.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »

I just want to say that Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 is my fav game of all time.  I also loved Jedi Outcast and hope that eventually another game in this series is created!
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 02:48:26 PM »

It doesn't use the Jedi Knight title per se, but The Force Unleashed (though, alas, no PC version thumbsdown is mentioned as of yet) is probably what you'll want to stay tuned for.  ninja2 This one's going for "over the top stuff," so your force powers will send enemies through walls for example (and apparently a lot of massive effects sequences), and there'll be a lot of Havok physics and destructability going on. I assume light sabers still come into play too.

The Force Unleashed (official site)
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/
Right now it's XBox360/PS3/Wii w/ DS, PSP and even PS2 versions also planned. But no PC. Bah!

I'm trying to replay Jedi Outcast's campaign, but I SUCK!  retard Good grief. I don't remember it being this impossible to actually hit anyone. The blasters really do target as poorly as the ones in the movies. The fact all the stormtroopers dance and jig like marionette puppets isn't helping me, nor that health powerups seem next to impossible to find (I'm playing at Normal difficulty). I'm also remembering this particular game is far more puzzledy than I'm used to (the first time I pretty much had to print out a GameFAQs FAQ if I didn't want to get constantly stuck.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:57:08 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 25, 2007, 02:48:26 PM

It doesn't use the Jedi Knight title per se, but The Force Unleashed is probably what you'll want to stay tuned for.  ninja2 This one's going for "over the top stuff," so your force powers will send enemies through walls, and there'll be a lot of Havok physics and destructability going on. I assume light sabers still come into play too.

The Force Unleashed (official site)
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

HELLZ YEAH!!!  headbang headbang dude headbang headbang The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Because I can,
unbreakable
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 02:58:10 PM »

The over the top difficulty of the first few levels is what's always prevented me from wanting to go back and play.  I know I can just use a cheat code (I did beat it legit, after all), but still...
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 05:18:53 PM »

If I remember, you could combine force pull and a kick to the face for all kinds of fun.

gellar
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »

I quickly fired up the game again last night and realized I haven't even advanced far enough in it to have light sabers yet!  icon_eek
I'm thinking I better at least get that far before I start trying to take on some uber, saber wielding Jedi's online. I agree with others about the beginning being difficult, there seems to be a constant onslaught of storm troopers to contend with. The snipers are particularly a real pain in the ass!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 12:59:51 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on October 25, 2007, 02:58:10 PM

The over the top difficulty of the first few levels is what's always prevented me from wanting to go back and play.  I know I can just use a cheat code (I did beat it legit, after all), but still...

I don't remember the difficulty being over the top until after you get the lightsaber and have to fight the one chick.

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 02:15:55 AM »

This makes me want to replay both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 05:41:51 AM »

This makes me want to replay both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

What are you waiting for you ape! Do you want to live forever?!

unbreakable
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 26, 2007, 12:59:51 AM

I don't remember the difficulty being over the top until after you get the lightsaber and have to fight the one chick.

I always found the levels up to getting force powers to be difficult.  Doesn't one level even have you start out with just a saber and one really limp force power?  I remember gettting sniped to hell on that level.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 08:48:30 PM »

Yeah the level after you get the lightsaber mostly involved getting shot at by snipers whose blasts you of course could not block with the lightsaber.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 11:53:59 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on October 26, 2007, 05:28:35 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 26, 2007, 12:59:51 AM

I always found the levels up to getting force powers to be difficult.  Doesn't one level even have you start out with just a saber and one really limp force power?  I remember gettting sniped to hell on that level.

The one level when you are running on platforms in the city getting sniped from windows leading up to the level where I think you get the lightsaber is an awful level, truly one of the worst in the game and one that NEVER should have been in there in the introductory levels. In fact, as great as the game is, the first 3-4 levels (everything pre-lightsaber) are average at best and IMO hurt the game far more than just starting with maybe 1 level leading up to it would have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: