http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 04:20:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japan sales 4/30 - 5/06 (wow!)  (Read 2586 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 03:49:10 AM »

The problem though is that the developers drive the games, and ultimately the system sales. Resources have been diverted from the PS3 (and possibly the 360) due to how insanely well the Wii has been selling. Now the devs are playing catchup, and they've openly admitted it too.

Hell - look at the next core Dragon Warrior game. It's being produced on the DS for cripes sake. The game series that is so powerful (in Japan) that they actually passed a law that required the game to be released on a weekend (to avoid large percentages of the population taking the day off of work/school) is coming to a portable system simply because it's the most popular system.

If that doesn't show you that developers will jump to the most popular system to release their games on, nothing will.

On a side note - I sure hope it was Dragon Warrior and not Final Fantasy (about the law passed thing), as otherwise my whole argument just became bunk. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Temjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 04:12:51 AM »

Yes, it was Dragon Warrior.  I remember reading about that in Nintendo Power a long time ago. 

Now Playing
Wii:  Zelda: TP
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 01:11:29 PM »

The latest magazine I read doesn't quite agree with those figures.  I think I was reading the Famitsu magazine today.  The DS is definitely kicking butt, but out of the top 5, Sony has got two of those with the PS2 and one of them with the PSP.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 02:30:29 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on May 14, 2007, 01:11:29 PM

The latest magazine I read doesn't quite agree with those figures.  I think I was reading the Famitsu magazine today.  The DS is definitely kicking butt, but out of the top 5, Sony has got two of those with the PS2 and one of them with the PSP.

Well, the numbers have always been different in Famitsu, but Dengenki (software) and Media Create (hardware) are generally considered the more accurate.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: