http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 05:07:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jade Empire 98%???  (Read 1628 times)
hammer600
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2005, 04:41:44 AM »

wow, what an incredibly developer biased review. A ridiculous score glossing over the obvious flaws in the game. Conclusion- this review site cannot be trusted or treated seriously.

Go Wings!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 04:46:54 AM »

Welcome Hammer!  I hope you retract your statement - I resent the implication that it is a developer-based review and impuning the entire site for it rubs me the wrong way.  You can disagree with my assessment of the game, slandering the site just makes you look foolish given the hundreds of reviews that are dead-on.

Thanks!  Besides...I want to like you, you are a Wings fan. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 04:51:45 AM »

... and since the staff is too nixce to say so, I'll take the opportunity to remind hammer600 and any users reading this that, hey... people don't like crapweasels, but they do like people who suggest improvements in a constructive way.

Or at least I'm hoping so... huh?

Done posting
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 04:53:29 AM »

Hell, I was surprised when I saw it- that's the highest score this site has ever given a game!  I don't think Ron gave it that score lightly...

Basically, though, all it boils down to the fact that he just liked it a helluva lot more than you do.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 11:48:22 AM »

Personally I thought the review was dead on.  I personally enjoyed the game more than either KOTOR and am eagerly hoping for a sequel.
hammer600
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 02:57:07 PM »

I apologize about the tone of my post. I really enjoy the site and did not intend to offend anyone. Just feel the score is a bit high. Sorry. biggrin

Go Wings!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 03:14:06 PM »

You sure do have an odd way of saying, "gee I thought that review was a bit high.... this is why I thought it was high..." and actually listing out why you thought it was high... instead you bashed the site and it's reviewers...
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 03:17:36 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
You sure do have an odd way of saying, "gee I thought that review was a bit high.... this is why I thought it was high..." and actually listing out why you thought it was high... instead you bashed the site and it's reviewers...

I suppose his name is "Hammer"...
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 03:27:57 PM »

Myself I would of ranked it in the mid 70s. The combat is too flawed and the story wasn't that engaging. Still, props for doing an original rpg set  in something other than a LOTR rip off

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 04:11:16 PM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"
Myself I would of ranked it in the mid 70s. The combat is too flawed and the story wasn't that engaging. Still, props for doing an original rpg set  in something other than a LOTR rip off

My thoughts exactly.  There was nothing about the story or characters that interested me at all, and I quit about 11 hours in.  It just felt like an asian-themed KotOR mod to me, which wasn't really that interesting.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 04:22:43 PM »

*nods*  As with many reviews, your mileage may vary.  People love Gran Turismo but personally I just can't get into it at all.  I'm not a gear-head and I don't like driving a crappy car to earn my way to the fun ones.  *shrug*  On those types of reviews you are looking at high-90s scores, but I just ignore the numbers and read the text.  smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 04:23:28 PM »

Quote from: "El Guapo"
Quote from: "Arkon"

I suppose his name is "Hammer"...

Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 09:25:40 PM »

I'm about 11 hrs in and I'd give it a B-.  So I guess that's low 80's maybe...I haven't played any XBOX in about 4 days because this is my go to title right now.

In other words, I'm too lazy to learn the controls of another game and I don't care enough about this one to invest the time.... But I will be finishing it...and probably before I do move onto something else...
hammer600
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »

Once again, when I reread my post this morning I realized how inflamatory and insulting it was.

I honestly enjoy this site, as a matter of fact it has been my homepage for months.

No excuses but last night I was frustrated after a 4 hour WOW session because I am having a hard time getting to level 39. And I am worried about affording my mount.

All I can do is apologize again, and state that I know the reviews on this site are honest and reflective of the reviewers viewpoint. Knightshade I hope you can forgive me.

Now back to WOW.

Go Wings!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

Done and done.  smile  No worries.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Cyrano
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 11:52:48 PM »

Maybe the review is referring to 98% badness of voice acting. Because while the game is really good, the acting is BAD.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 12:04:12 PM »

Quote from: "Cyrano"
Maybe the review is referring to 98% badness of voice acting. Because while the game is really good, the acting is BAD.

Or the 98% of the game that is dialogue and text. slywink

Just kidding KD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: