http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 04:02:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 Dashboard update- Comedy Central Stand Up app  (Read 14892 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »

Gamespot TV now on 360 dash

Can't remember if we get the IGN app,i don't think we do,but i think i was able to get it from my US account.. this Gamespot App is available in US,UK,CAN,AUS,NZ and Ireland

I will check it out anyway

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2012, 09:13:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 08, 2012, 07:42:46 PM

the 'MS Points going buh-bye' rumor is back, this time coinciding with the new dashboard update according to 'sources close to the matter'.

Being phased out for Windows 8,but staying the standard for Xbox 360
Eurogamer

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 09, 2012, 07:01:59 PM

Gamespot TV now on 360 dash

Can't remember if we get the IGN app,i don't think we do,but i think i was able to get it from my US account.. this Gamespot App is available in US,UK,CAN,AUS,NZ and Ireland

They need to get Giant Bomb onto the dashboard, then I would watch one of these game channels.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »

I assume that you will still be able to buy XBL "money" at places like Gamestop, or maybe I'm just hoping that you will still be able to do this. I've never used a credit card on XBL and don't want to start now

count me in as someone who would be VERY unhappy if points cards go away

and depending on the retail arrangement i cant possibly see ms eating the cost of allllllllll those points cards still out there (i assume retailers "buy" them upfront and dont just receive a % of the end sale?)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2012, 08:52:17 AM »

Xbox Music hits tomorrow

The cloud powered music service launches tomorrow on Xbox 360 as part of a rolling update to Xbox Live. It goes live for Windows 8 when the operating system launches later this month on 26th October, and on iOS and Android devices at a later, unspecified date.

Xbox Music, which replaces the Zune service, launches with 30 million songs. You can listen to songs for free on a Windows 8-based tablet and PC, create playlists, as you'd imagine, create artist-based radio stations and use Smart DJ to create playlists with unlimited skipping. Then, you can buy the music you want to own from the Xbox Music Store, available on Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.

The free, ad-supported streaming of the entire catalogue is only available on Windows 8. You can buy the Xbox Music Pass for £8.99 a month, which lets you take music to the cloud and listen to on other devices such as Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 8.

Currently, Xbox 360 owners cannot make use of the free, ad-supported streaming service. You have to pay for an Xbox Live Gold subscription and, on top of that, pay for the Xbox Music Pass so the cloud makes your songs appear on your console. Will free streaming be an option on the next Xbox?

I thought i had heard that it was 'free' on Xbox with Ads(with XBLG),i would of at least stuck my nose in,as it is..it will be something else to ignore on the Xbox dash

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:43 AM »

Dashboard gets the update today for those who are not in the beta

My beta page has gone off the dash,so perhaps it is already out
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-16-xbox-360-dashboard-update-rolls-out-from-today

however there is this..
"Don't panic" if the system update takes its time to appear, Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb has reassured. It will hit three million consoles worldwide today and everyone else within the next two weeks.

so if it hits for you,go try out the new Internet Explorer(it's not bad)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:17:56 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2012, 02:16:27 PM »

I got it a couple of days ago, and I have to say I'm loving the update.

The Pin feature is great.  It means a couple of XBLA games are back in rotation that shouldn't have been ignored.  I do wish I could pin the areas of the marketplace I frequent, but that doesn't require a lot of extra steps (it feels more streamlined now).

The most important change for me, though, is the way titles are presented.  They've simplified it or something.  Some of you may remember that the My Games section has been taking a minute and a half to load on my 360 for a while now (since before the last update).  Probably part of the reason so many XBLA games were ignored.  Now everything loads in about 15 seconds!  It's incredible.  If I need to see details on a game, it'll take near that epic time again, but I can go from dashboard to launching a game in a comparative blink of an eye.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2012, 07:48:10 PM »

The latest dashboard update now allows you to use 32GB flash USB flash drives.  16GB was the previous max.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »

I wish the PIN section was its own (and the default) heading. Also, the pins should be squares and not `cards` IMHO. It is, however, better than the last update.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »

over 40 new Apps coming to various XBL regions(between now and Spring 2013)

1. All3M (United Kingdom, United States)
2. Ameba TV (Canada, United States)
3. ARTE (Germany, France)
4. Azteca (Mexico)
5. Canalplay Infinity (France)
6. CBC’s Hockey Night (Canada)
7. CrunchyRoll (Majority of LIVE Regions)
8. Deezer (Majority of LIVE Regions)
9. Eredivisie Live (Netherlands)
10. Fightbox (Austria, Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, United Kingdom)
11. Flixster (United States)
12. GameTrailers (Australia, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom, United States)
13. Globosat Muu (Brazil)
14. Gulli Replay (France)
15. HBO Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
16. IndieFlix (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States)
17. Livesport.tv (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Sweden, United Kingdom)
18. Machinima (Majority of LIVE Regions)
19. Maxim (United States)
20. MTV (United States)
21. MyTF1 (France)
22. MyTF1VOD (France)
23. Napster (Germany, United Kingdom)
24. Pathe Thuis (Netherlands)
25. PBS (United States)
26. PopcornFlix (United States)
27. Rai TV (Italy)
28. Sainsbury (United Kingdom)
29. Saraiva (Brazil)
30. SBS (Netherlands)
31. SF Anytime (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
32. Slacker Radio (Canada, United States)
33. SPORT1 (Austria, Germany)
34. The CW Network (United States)
35. Televisa (Mexico)
36. TV3 (Spain)
37. Viaplay (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
38. Vidéo à la Demande d’Orange (France)
39. Vimeo (United States)
40. VIVO Play (Brazil)
41. Watchever (Austria, Germany)
42. Zattoo (Germany)
43. Ziggo (Netherlands)

Also, starting today, several new apps will roll out worldwide on Xbox LIVE including1:

ARTE (Germany, France)
With the ARTE app on Xbox LIVE, you can watch an exciting mix of content from the Cultural TV station including documentaries, concerts and movies.

CinemaNow (Expanding to Canada)
CinemaNow is an Authenticated Video on Demand (AVOD) application providing customers with access to TV and Movie content previously purchased on CinemaNow.com.

CNET (United States, Canada)
CNET offers all the product reviews, technology shows and event coverage you love, now on Xbox LIVE.  CNET helps you use technology to enhance and enrich your life. From specially curated content to advice, it’s everything you need to buy and get the most out of tech that’s right for you. Get the best in technology, right where you want it.

Karaoke (All LIVE regions, excluding Japan and United Arab Emirates)
Karaoke provides access to more than 8,000 songs from the latest hits to the oldies but goodies, available on Xbox LIVE. Your avatar will go on stage and sing with a full complement of stage props and back band. Use SmartGlass to play/stop/pause, browse the database and lyrics or to add songs to the playlist. Songs don’t require any download and will playback immediately via streaming for a robust karaoke experience.

Maxim (United States)
Maxim delivers what guys want – beautiful women, cool gear and funny videos – to Xbox 360! From behind-the-scenes of Maxim’s sexiest photo shoots to hilarious comedy originals to high-octane sports, it’s the #1 destination for couch-bound men looking for a good time.

Napster (Germany, United Kingdom)
With your Xbox and Napster Unlimited plus Mobile, you can play millions of songs instantly. Listen to millions of songs in various genres, play as much as you want, enjoy hours of expertly programmed music. Discover new releases, charts and much more.

SkyDrive (All LIVE regions)
SkyDrive is the place to store your files so you can access them from virtually any device. With SkyDrive for Xbox, you can easily view your photos and videos on your TV. You can also play slideshows and view photos and videos shared with you. For more information, visit the Inside SkyDrive blog.

SPORT1 (Austria, Germany)
Enter the world of sports through your Xbox. The SPORT1 app provides Video-Sport-News, Livescores, Livestreams of popular sport events and access to Pay-TV Sports channel SPORT1+.

VEVO (Expanding to Spain, Italy & France)
With over 45,000 videos by 11,000 artists, VEVO is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform. Stream live concerts, watch exclusive programming and queue up all your favorite videos. VEVO is available in the United States, Canada and United Kingdom. The VEVO app for Xbox includes high-quality on demand music videos free to the user and allows social interactions between fans, VEVO, and users.

Zattoo (Germany)
The Zattoo app gives you access to free Live TV across 55 channels and an Electronic Program Guide. HiQ accounts feature quick, ad-free channel switches and higher quality streams (including HD), starting at 3.75 EUR per month. Additional premium TV channels, including Sports, Documentary, Kids, Music channels, and International packages are also available.

360a.org

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »

they have Redbox and Gametrailer apps coming out today.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2013, 12:09:48 PM »

Redbox was up last night.  I'm certainly curious about it, but I imagine they should have started this battle against Netflix years ago.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2013, 02:45:20 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 20, 2013, 12:09:48 PM

Redbox was up last night.  I'm certainly curious about it, but I imagine they should have started this battle against Netflix years ago.

yeah, between Amazon Instant and Netflix they have their work cut out for them.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »

I signed up for the trial, but in looking over the available films for subscribers I was surprised to find very, very little.  They give you some credits to use at the kiosks but that kind of defeats the purpose of the service on Live.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 17, 2013, 02:23:20 AM »

Flixster is out.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2013, 04:27:49 PM »

the Pizza Hut app.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »

Time Warner Cable is getting their own app.

In a landmark deal announcement for Xbox 360 and Time Warner Cable customers, we’re excited to share a new partnership that will deliver up to 300 of the most popular live TV channels to Xbox 360 for Xbox Live Gold members. This deal, which will bring more live channels than any other experience on Xbox 360, will offer Time Warner Cable subscribers with an Xbox Live Gold membership  the ability to watch their favorite shows from right from their Xbox 360 — including favorites like AMC, BBC World News, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, Food Network, HGTV and more. And unlike any other platform, you’ll be able to control your entertainment using your voice via Kinect for Xbox 360.

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »

Interesting. I have Time Warner Cable!

I am more interested in seeing what is means for the Xbox One and Time Warner Cable though.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2013, 10:02:52 PM »

I have the Fios app for 360 and to be honest it's crappy - basically allows you to stream national channels through your xbox, which means no local channels and its subject to latency. Why someone wouldn't just switch over to the other input and watch the full set of channels in perfect hd I don't know.

Xbone will actually take the cable box feed, so that's different.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2013, 06:01:35 PM »

you can now beta the 2013 update

We’re inviting Xbox Live members worldwide to participate in the 2013 Xbox Live Update for Xbox 360 Public Beta.* It will include updates to improve overall performance and the ability to conduct transactions with local currency, as Microsoft Points will be retired later this year.

the * is to say that users in Japan won't be able to join the beta, because MS hates Japan.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »

I think i will just wait for it to roll out for everyone,this one is nothing worth getting excited about

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2013, 06:07:02 PM »

dammit, gonna need a new guinea pig then.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 05, 2013, 06:07:02 PM

dammit, gonna need a new guinea pig then.

Tongue

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 05, 2013, 06:05:36 PM

I think i will just wait for it to roll out for everyone,this one is nothing worth getting excited about

Yeah, I decided the same.  Based on history there is pretty much zero chance this is going to actually be an improvement so I'm in no hurry to get in early.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2013, 10:09:53 PM »

dammit, another one down slywink

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2013, 12:55:18 AM »

the CC: Stand Up app is now out:

CC:Stand-Up for Xbox gives you unlimited access to Comedy Central's massive library of stand-up clips, with a dedicated stand-up channel streaming right to your console and curated playlists featuring comedians like Aziz Ansari, Patton Oswalt, Hannibal Buress, John Oliver, John Mulaney, Amy Schumer and many more.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: