http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 09:40:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Thanksgiving. What's Your GOTY?  (Read 1627 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 03:34:50 PM »

Quote from: Maggot on November 25, 2011, 02:15:03 PM

Quote from: Eco-Logic on November 25, 2011, 12:47:54 PM

FIFA 12 for me.  

There is a new online mode called "Online Seasons", which inmho is the most revolutionary new mode in any sports game.  That, and Teamplay with competent players is as amazing as ever.

Fifa would have been on mine if it wasn't for the big brain farts EA had. Like letting the AI defend for the opponents online and not giving you a chance to change kit colours to avoid the exact same shirt online. Just terrible that they didn't catch that in QA

I prefer the way "2nd press" is now, than how it was in Fifa 11.  I agree about the kit colors, but that only applies to online Seasons and the way I've gotten around it is to pick the most bland uniform option for the team I'm playing with.

Why haven't we played yet??  I didn't know anyone else at GT plays Fifa.  Hit me up sometime.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2011, 07:48:35 PM »

Mr. Eko-Logic says:

"No more colors!  Now we play shirts vs. skins!"

-Autistic Angel
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2011, 09:51:05 PM »

I'm so torn between Dark Souls and Skyrim. Both are amazing game experiences, deep and rewarding. I adore the exploration and combat, and sense of dread and looming death in Dark Souls, most fights are to the death. Later on this gets a bit easier as your stats level up but early on every fight is epic, and it rewards you for learning and using combat. The downside of Dark Souls was the lore and the world doesn't really give you much to go on, it took me forever to figure some things out, and granted there is a great Dark Souls wiki but there really should be more of to the story, more of the lore available in game.

Skyrim is much slower paced but no less beautiful to explore, it's world just sucks you in, with its lore and it's amazing vistas. The combat isn't very good, it does the job I've tried a few different combat modes and the magic felt underpowered, and the melee was just clunky, the ranged bow combat felt pretty good, but overall I'd say the combat is Skyrim's weakest point, not to say this majorly detracts from the experience.  The rest of the game though is a wonder, every dungeon filled with danger, vast distances to explore, puzzles to figure out, and a grand addictive story just waiting to be discovered.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »

Quote from: Ascendent on November 26, 2011, 09:51:05 PM

I'm so torn between Dark Souls and Skyrim. Both are amazing game experiences, deep and rewarding. I adore the exploration and combat, and sense of dread and looming death in Dark Souls, most fights are to the death. Later on this gets a bit easier as your stats level up but early on every fight is epic, and it rewards you for learning and using combat. The downside of Dark Souls was the lore and the world doesn't really give you much to go on, it took me forever to figure some things out, and granted there is a great Dark Souls wiki but there really should be more of to the story, more of the lore available in game.

Skyrim is much slower paced but no less beautiful to explore, it's world just sucks you in, with its lore and it's amazing vistas. The combat isn't very good, it does the job I've tried a few different combat modes and the magic felt underpowered, and the melee was just clunky, the ranged bow combat felt pretty good, but overall I'd say the combat is Skyrim's weakest point, not to say this majorly detracts from the experience.  The rest of the game though is a wonder, every dungeon filled with danger, vast distances to explore, puzzles to figure out, and a grand addictive story just waiting to be discovered.

If Skyrim and Dark Souls had a baby......holy s**t

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2011, 12:48:23 AM »

Dark Souls
Skyrim
Catherine

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2011, 02:10:30 PM »

Skyrim #1

Followed by the witcher 2

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »

I'm having a hard time coming up with one, honestly. The number of games I played this year was reduced to the amount of time I spend on Rift, and none of the games that I did play wowed me like previous years. While I enjoyed Uncharted 3 a lot, it's hard to give it GOTY when I gave Uncharted 2 (a better game) GOTY two years ago. Dead Space 2 was good, but it didn't draw me in like RDR. BF3, Killzone 3 and MW3 were fun shooters, but they didn't break any major new ground. Red Faction: Armageddon was a step backwards. It would have been nice if not all the big games this year were sequels. I think the only new IPs I played this year were Brink and Homefront, and they were fun, but not GOTY material for me. I guess I need to play some more games.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2011, 07:37:34 PM »

OK, I think I have my GOTY. I've only played it 2 days, but Rocksmith is definitely the only game this year that has actually wowed me. Certainly it is inspired by Guitar Hero, but the fact that is uses a real guitar and you play the actual notes and chords is just kind of amazing.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 11:59:09 PM »

Finished To The Moon this afternoon, which just became my frontrunner for GOTY.  A wholly remarkable experience.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: