http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 05:08:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's coming and I can't wait! [Ghost Recon]  (Read 2489 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2006, 12:05:34 PM »

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - PC

If I had to list my top 5 most anticipated games right now, this would be there. (along with Supreme Commander, M:TW II, and others)

I enjoyed the 360 version of this game, without question.  I got bored after a very short period of time due to the small number of maps though.  I am very excited to see if this new developer nailed it for the PC, as it sounds pretty good from the newer preview  (Apr. 14) ...

Gamespot Preview Link

And I like this picture.  

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 05:59:06 AM »

It's really odd, but I might end up owning both the console and the pc version of this game.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 04:23:57 PM »

Ya i have followed this development 0%, but i'm excited from all the hype i read about the 360 version.  I was a huuuuuuuuuge GR fan and spent many an hour playing online.  If this is just as good, it'll be on my hd for many moons to come.

Anyone thats been following the pc release fill us in?

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 01:44:54 AM »

Even more stuff.  I am getting so excited for this one.  They have a good article and some videos.

Link to IGN

Some choice quotes:

"Players will find that maps are much larger than they were in the 360 version and have been tuned and set-up to support a much more tactical style of gameplay. There'll be more corners to watch, more directions for enemies to come from, and generally more difficult gameplay."

"While it's still a bit more actiony than the previous title, the pace is definitely slower than the console version. In order to facilitate the need for more methodical gameplay, GRIN and Ubi decided to add a more functional tactical map back into the experience. Each of the three team members can be given orders individually here and told to execute them individually or all at once for combined assault tactics."

"Keeping in touch with squad members and giving orders on the fly is also pretty easy. The mouse wheel will cycle through the squad or number keys can be hit at which point a menu will pop up on screen and can be scrolled through using the wheel again while the wheel button selects the order to give. Probably the best part of this method is that the weapon can still be used during the process in case an enemy pops around the corner while quick orders are being handed out."

If you only check out one video, look at "Moving and Attacking" and watch the stuff he is doing with the Tactical Map.  I think this is due to release in early to mid May.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 02:03:45 PM »

*drooool*

Can't wait.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 01:14:53 AM »

But wait, there's more!

But rather than post a bunch of links and stuff here; for the sake of making things easier...

If you are interested in this game at all for the PC, go here:

Ghost Recon dot net link

They have quite a few things linked that are just flat cool to read or to view, and their site is the no frills, keep it simple type.  In other words, easy to navigate.

LD

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 04:51:38 AM »

So, any starforce on this one?  I know H5 was SF free, but what about this game?
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 06:28:08 PM »

You gotta believe that those PC videos are all using the physx chip.   Now....if I had deep pockets...

- doug

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 07:35:48 PM »

Should be starforce free.  I'll have a the launch video on the front page in a few minutes.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 08:50:41 PM »

Cool Ron!

Btw - 4 player Co-op throught the entire mission structure from what I'm reading...   biggrin

LD

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 11:31:04 PM »

Whoah, wait, 4 player co-op through the SP campaign?

I'm sold already.  Ever since my friends and I got the LAN working over here we often get together to play co-op games.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 01:27:13 AM »

These two quotes are translated from German apparently, so don't be pissed at me if I'm regurgitating false info.   :wink:

Multiplayer
"Now the most important aspect of the game for hard-core gamers: multiplayer. You can play with and against each other over local area network and internet, because cooperative play is also included. Together with your friends and optional AI players you can take on the singleplayer missions, with the difference that the enemies are much more difficult and there is no save option during missions. When a human player dies, he cannot respawn, but it is possible to take over an artificial teammate, when there are any alive. When the last human player dies and there are no more artificial teammates left, the mission is failed."

- - - -

"The co-op side works right now so that you can play four guys through the entire campaign."

Så att du har, så att du kan skapa en special forces-grupp - så kan du sitta hemma med polarna och köra genom, ja, hela äventyret.

"So you have, so you can create a special forces group - so that you can sit at home with your buddies and play through, well, the entire adventure."

LD

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »

And it's Gold.

In stores somewhere around May 3rd.

LD

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 02:23:20 PM »

Ok if this does indeed include coop of the single player missions, i'm IN.  Anyone else interested?

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 03:10:49 PM »

IN!

biggrin

LD

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 08:04:49 PM »

I had to mention my final exam is the day this is released soooooooooooooo WOHOO!

And the wife thinks i'll have free time for us....good thing she doesn't check these forums huh smile

Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 01:00:10 AM »

If there's no Starforce, IN!

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 02:27:21 PM »

Interview Q&A on some multiplayer stuff if you haven't already heard:

Q WHAT MP MODES HAVE YOU INCLUDED IN GRAW PC?

A Cooperative lets you play the campaign with up to three other ghost players. One assumes the role of the team leader and issues orders through the HUD and tactical map to his fellow players, which they see as waypoints on their interface. This is a real evolution compared to games where a microphone is needed to play in coop. You can really organize your team with the tools of the single player. Deathmatch is also on the way thanks to an upcoming update, but the MP mode we are the most proud about is the Domination one.

Q CAN YOU TELL US MORE ABOUT THE DOMINATION MODE?

A Domination is an innovative new mode, featuring the control city block zones connected by supply lines. Each team starts at one side of the map in the first zone it controls. Zones are connected by supply lines, and are captured by occupying the zone for a period of time. Without supply line, you cannot control other zones, and you cannot get new equipment. When both teams are present in a zone, the ownership is challenged and ends with capture as soon as one of the teams overcomes the other one in numbers. This means you have to fight as a team and create a front to control the battle area. A good strategy will be the key in that exciting mode!

Q WHAT MAKES THE GRAW MP MODES SO GOOD AND UNIQUE FOR YOU?

A The MP mode of the first GR has been very popular thanks to the advanced strategic aspect and today GRAW PC pushes the tactic even deeper for more unique and realistic sensations. First of all, the maps are huge, actually twice the size of the consoles’ versions. The tactical map is also one of those strategic features that make GRAW so unique. In every mode you have to play as a team or you are a dead man, just like on a real battlefield. But if, at one point, your team need to disperse you can always see exactly where they are thanks to the tactical map (in coop) or minimap/status screen (in domination). The HUD is also an exclusive feature that really pushes the immersion of the player and contributes to create a real innovation in terms of gameplay. I am sure players will also love the scoring aspect of GRAW that rewards successful squad operations. The more you win the more you get to buy weapons and items to customize them. Last but not least we are one of the few using online physics. That means you can destroy vehicles or you enemy covers, which can make a huge difference on the battlefield.

Q WHAT ARE THE MAX NUMBER OF PLAYERS ALLOWED AND THE MIN PLAYERS REQUIRED TO PLAY FOR EACH MP MODE?

A In coop you can play up to 4 players, one leader and 3 team mates  (this can/will eventually be able to be modded). The Domination, as well as the Deathmatch mode, is available up to 32 players at the same time and 2 players is the minimum.

Q WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO HOST YOUR OWN SERVER AT HOME?

A 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game. The game interface offers an option to limit the bandwidth, so that players with a limited connection can still enjoy the gameplay with less destruction effects (although a destroyed cover will still be destroyed), and will not drag down the other players on the same server, who have a better connection.

Q CAN YOU GIVE US THE FINAL SPECS OF THE GAME?

A You will need a 2 GHz Pentium® IV or the equivalent with 1024 MB RAM and 5 GB of hard drive space, NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/XT

LD

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 02:34:25 PM »

And, seeing how this is important to many PC gamers that want the harder game sim-like stuff, this has been sort of confirmed:

"Need to stress again that there are no diamonds in Domination or other MP modes, except Coop and that is only if they are turned on."

and...

"Perhaps the biggest reason for owning the PC version will be the editor which will become available for download post release. This will allow players to create their own levels as well as other gameplay alterations. The most interesting thing about the editor that was mentioned was that levels made in the editor by users are not limited to four player cooperative. Imagine that. User made levels will allows multiple squads to run around and work together, frankly the gameplay possibilities are utterly unlimited by that amount of cooperative play."

biggrin

LD

Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »

Hope its good. From what I've read it seems like its still good ol' GR with improvements. I didnt pay much attention to it before though since GR2 was cancelled.

Looks like this and Armed Assault will give me some good tac gaming this year.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 04:39:30 PM »

Hmm... what are the system requirements for this?  After having so much fun with the 360 version I might be interested in picking this up as well.  However my system is aging and I don't have the money to upgrade anytime soon.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 06:08:17 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Hmm... what are the system requirements for this?  After having so much fun with the 360 version I might be interested in picking this up as well.  However my system is aging and I don't have the money to upgrade anytime soon.

it's already been answered two posts up
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 06:09:38 PM »

I am a little dissapointed in the low co-op player count...but happy it is ther and that we are getting a starforce-free title.  (hopefully)  I want more tactical fun, and the new R6 titles aren't giving it to me.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 06:50:39 PM »

Huh.. so it was.  Didn't see that as I scanned the page.  

Well unless I come up with 200 dollars from somewhere I won't be playing this one.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 11:39:22 AM »

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is on that System Lab site.  I'm not sure how... unless they got a copy of the gold master or something... but, if you want to check it out, it should give you at least a general indication of your system's capabilities to run the game:

System Lab Link

LD

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 01:03:23 PM »

I dont even qualify for the minmum specs needed to run it. Stupid vid card.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36:13 PM »

Hmm... well that sucks... I pass the minimum requirements.

I don't need more temptation right now.   biggrin

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: