http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 04:34:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any interest in Dead Rising?  (Read 2070 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2006, 02:23:39 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Come on people, embrace this new style of gameplay!  They could have done the same 'ol, same 'ol tried & true, but decided to mess with the formula a little bit.

I give it thumbs up, I'm all for innovation.

I don't think this really qualifies as a "new style of gameplay.  It's more like taking established gameplay and adding lots of context sensitive weapons.  

And that "72 hours" is obviously not real-time. According to IGN's preview:
Roughly, an in-game hour takes about five minutes to expire while not in a cut-scene, of which there are many. After spending a number of real-time hours with the game, it's clear there'll be less free time available to kill at random than we originally thought.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2006, 03:52:51 AM »

Quote from: "EngineNo9"
Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Come on people, embrace this new style of gameplay!  They could have done the same 'ol, same 'ol tried & true, but decided to mess with the formula a little bit.

I give it thumbs up, I'm all for innovation.

I don't think this really qualifies as a "new style of gameplay.  It's more like taking established gameplay and adding lots of context sensitive weapons.  

And that "72 hours" is obviously not real-time. According to IGN's preview:
Roughly, an in-game hour takes about five minutes to expire while not in a cut-scene, of which there are many. After spending a number of real-time hours with the game, it's clear there'll be less free time available to kill at random than we originally thought.

Well, I'm talking about a story that goes by, even if you choose to not partake in it.  That sounds interesting enough to me!

TheMissingLink on PSN
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2006, 04:03:40 AM »

FYI...IGN has posted four new gameplay videos today.  you can see them here.  the best one shows them mowing down a crazy number of zombies in a car, while the others show a motorcycle and some hand-to-hand action.  the game looks like an absolute blast for at least a little while, but i wonder how quickly the novelty wears off...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: