http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 05:30:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Wii Zapper Selling Out in Your City?  (Read 988 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »

Late last week a coworker informed me that the Zapper was selling out everywhere. At 1st I was surprised and didn't believe him, as I'd seen many just the week before. Then I made a few calls and sure enough it was sold out at almost all stores in my area. So Saturday morning I called an EB that's off the beaten path and they had 3 remaining and coincidentally when I got there the sale rep was shelving the last 2. I joked about him not even getting it on the shelf before I bought it and he commented that the day before he couldn't find time to shelf any before they were snapped up. In fact he told me they sold 10 in an hour. Which blew me away considering this was an EB out of the way and very much off the beaten path. I wasn't really planning on buying 1 until the Christmas holidays, but thought I'd better just in case there was a repeat of what happened last year with Wii peripherals. I just did an online check with futureshop.ca, bestbuy.ca and toysrus.ca and it's sold out online at all sites. I can't even ever remember a peripheral selling like this.

So is Zapper selling out in other cities too?
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:31:07 PM »

Only Nintendo can sell a 50 cent piece of plastic for $20 and not be able to keep them in stock.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 07:32:32 PM »

I have definitely seen some sellouts in stores I have been to.  I happened to get to a Circuit City a couple of weeks ago that had just gotten a shipment and not put them on the shelves yet.  I think with all the Wii-mania still going on, the Wii Zapper seems like a no-brainer to buy to put under the Christmas tree along with that new Wii.  It's cheap and comes with a game.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 07:38:59 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on December 10, 2007, 07:31:07 PM

Only Nintendo can sell a 50 cent piece of plastic for $20 and not be able to keep them in stock.

LOL I actually bought it for the Links Crossbow Training game which is a lot of fun even when played with the Wiimote and nunchuk. My kids all over the Zapper though and they had a blast with it over the weekend. Which leads me to say, it's the most fun my families ever got out of a 50 cent piece of plastic.  slywink
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 07:43:47 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on December 10, 2007, 07:38:59 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on December 10, 2007, 07:31:07 PM

LOL I actually bought it for the Links Crossbow Training game which is a lot of fun even when played with the Wiimote and nunchuk. My kids all over the Zapper though and they had a blast with it over the weekend. Which leads me to say, it's the most fun my families ever got out of a 50 cent piece of plastic.  slywink

I hear ya.  I'm not knocking the zapper or those who love it.  I just wish I had some Nintendo stock.   icon_lol

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »

I found two at a Gamecrazy. I wasn't really looking for one, but at $20 it makes a cheap gift for my son for Christmas. I also, bought Resident Evil UC and Ghost Squad while I was there to go with it. I wasn't going to buy Ghost Squad but it was only $30, so once again I shelled out the cash for it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 08:24:02 PM »

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.  It truly is the laziest way to shop!
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 03:15:21 AM »

I haven't seen one in a couple of weeks, but if I do I am buying it. I want to play Link's Crossbow Training. Since I love lightgun type games. I really enjoy Ghost Squad and I will pick RE: UC here in the next couple of weeks.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 03:37:26 AM »

Of the closest 17 GameStops to my location, only 1 has a copy of the Wii Zapper in stock.

TheMissingLink on PSN
nymanium
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 06:20:40 AM »

Seen plenty around, Blockbuster had quite a few, as did Circuit City.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 07:19:25 AM »

the gamestop here can't keep them in either...

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: