http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 08:53:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is PN03 for Gamecube worth a darn  (Read 627 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2005, 02:49:33 PM »

Saw it at Sam's for $12 something and was just wondering.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 05:05:22 PM »

I would probably pick it up. Just remember even though it looks like a FPS doesn't mean that it is one. Think of it as a shooter (Gradius etc.), and if you like those then this one will be just fine.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 05:12:44 PM »

And be ready for Resident Evil Like Controls.

Everything in this game screams for Devil May Cry style action controls, and I think the game would've been better received by going that way. However, they chose to make it a "shooter" in the vein of old school side scrolling shooters, and when you go in with that expectation, you tend to enjoy the game more.

Really, the main motivation to play the game is to amass points to unlock all the suits and thus and power each one up to max and thus unlock all the powerful attacks, but for a lot of people that's not enough motivation. There's other things like getting high scores, keeping high combo kills up, not getting hit and perfect rooms etc. but I felt it was all hurt by the controls.

As that is, it's a decent game for that price.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: