http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 08:45:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is my (original) XBOX going bad?  (Read 591 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2007, 01:48:13 AM »

So I have been playing KOTOR, and about 9 hours in I started having problems with stuttering - the audio will never be skipped over, but often when a character is talking, the audio will pause and then continue after a break of 5 or more seconds. Also I'll get lots of pauses during combat at times.

I haven't noticed this during any other XBOX game yet, but the my copy of KOTOR is essentially brand new (I bought it a while back new and played about an hour but I haven't really played it until now).

The other thing I have noticed is that sometimes hwen I put the disk in the drive it will immediately spit it out.  If I pick it up and readjust it it will eventually take it in, although I have heard a bit of a grinding noise when it goes in.

Anybody seen this?  I bought my XBOX new at the end of 2005 and I thought they had stopped using the "bad" drives by then.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 05:47:29 AM »

I've only ever experienced something like that once, and it turned out to be a bad disk.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 12:40:40 PM »

I guess I could try a new disk - at least it would only be $20 (or less if used).

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 01:12:27 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 07, 2007, 12:40:40 PM

I guess I could try a new disk - at least it would only be $20 (or less if used).

You might still be able to rent KOTOR from a rental outlet.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 02:39:29 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on May 08, 2007, 01:12:27 AM

Well, at the rate that I play games, I would be paying a lot of late fees, or I would just wind up paying for the game after I found out it worked (assuming it worked).  Anyway, I picked up a used copy for $10 today and played for about an hour and a quarter.  There were a couple of minor stutters, but just during some of the in-game cinemas and not during battle, so hopefully I did just have a bad disc.  I guess I will find out as I keep playing.

papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 03:21:34 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 08, 2007, 02:39:29 AM

Quote from: kronovan on May 08, 2007, 01:12:27 AM

Well, at the rate that I play games, I would be paying a lot of late fees, or I would just wind up paying for the game after I found out it worked (assuming it worked).  Anyway, I picked up a used copy for $10 today and played for about an hour and a quarter.  There were a couple of minor stutters, but just during some of the in-game cinemas and not during battle, so hopefully I did just have a bad disc.  I guess I will find out as I keep playing.

Yeah I have had issues like this and they were the disk...If you really like the game...Get the disk resurfaced and see if that helps....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: