http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 11:53:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Madden coming to the PSP?  (Read 1077 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2005, 01:24:43 PM »

Can't seem to find any info at all if it is or isn't

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 02:05:21 PM »

According to the EA Store it is, but I don't know when.

Nevermind, a quick look at EBGames does show the PSP Version coming on September 27th.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 05:13:43 AM »

It is coming out this fall and is supposed to have some sort of connectivity with the PS2 Madden but man the screenshots just released over at IGN do not look good.
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/727/727130/imgs_1.html
 :shock:
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 06:21:31 AM »

I have no doubt it is coming, but I thought it odd to see all the magazine adds for it with seemingly every console logo except the PSP.

And those screenshots look like a mix between a first-gen 989 Sports PS1 title with bad Flash menus.  But hey, it's the only game in town so hop on board!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 01:05:24 PM »

Yup, it's coming, just a bit later as others have said.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 01:31:39 PM »

I can't stand when the only screens provided for a game are from the replay cam or cutscenes.

How about a screenie of what you're looking at when you are actually running a play?

QB up behind the center, what it looks like on defense, even a play selection screenie.

I want something with meat..not the screens I'm going to fastforward past to get to the next play.

- Don

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 02:12:06 PM »

I think the still screens look quite nice.
Yeah, the motion shots are jaggy, but that's to be expected IMO. I wouldn't judge it too harshly until we see some video.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 02:34:19 PM »

I think it's funny that now Sony's trying to play up the "connect your PSP to your PS2" angle like it's something new that everyone should love.  Did they not notice that Nintendo tried the exact same thing, and that it flamed out pretty quick?  And that was with a handheld that has much larger marketshare than the PSP has.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 05:57:05 PM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
I think it's funny that now Sony's trying to play up the "connect your PSP to your PS2" angle like it's something new that everyone should love.  Did they not notice that Nintendo tried the exact same thing, and that it flamed out pretty quick?  And that was with a handheld that has much larger marketshare than the PSP has.

It depends on what they decide to do with it.  The PSP with it's memory stick has much more storage space among other things.  From some of the press I have read thusfar they have some interesting things in store.  The PS2 & PSP SOCOM games sound like an interesting combo, where you might lead your team against an airfield on the PSP, then when you encounter that airfield on the PSP there is less resistance.  Things like that.

They could always add some bonus content (like the Wipeout downloads).  This could have been done with the Cube, but the data would already have to be present in the cart.

Sony has a nice roster of first-party developers and exclusive franchises to give their connectivity a kick.  It remains to be seen if they will actually do much with it...

I'm interested in how much support the PSP will get on the Xbox 360.  I would love to see the ability to rip tracks using the 360 to put on the PSP.  I doubt it since MS is all about WMA, but it's a neat idea.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 07:08:55 PM »

See, with the connectivity thing, only a small percentage of users will utilize it.  Developers know this, so they can't make the features anything major, especially in a game with an online component, because that might give the PSPers an unfair advantage.  If you make the connection a requirement, like FF: Crystal Chronicles, you wind up with an interesting concept that hardly anyone buys.  If it's something minor, then nobody really cares.  I think a lot of the connectivity will come out being like the Tingle Tuner in Zelda Windwaker, where it's a neat idea, and can be fun to mess with, but nothing I'd put any effort or extra money into using.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: