http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 12:39:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is King Kong 360 worth playing through?  (Read 604 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2006, 08:50:24 AM »

I have Kong for the 360 for a few days and have put about half an hour into it tonight. So far I'm not very impressed with it technically- the graphics seem subpar and the audio doesn't exactly jump out of my surround sound setup - and the gameplay itself doesn't quite me on. Is the game worth playing through? I was thinking of putting 2-3 hours into it tomorrow and putting it aside just so I can say I played the game. About how long does it take to complete?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »

Not worth it from the demo I played.  Besides, you already know the story, and the gameplay mechanics aren't alll that great.  There's plenty of other great games out now that you can play.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 12:10:32 PM »

Quote from: "Ridah"
I have Kong for the 360 for a few days and have put about half an hour into it tonight. So far I'm not very impressed with it technically- the graphics seem subpar and the audio doesn't exactly jump out of my surround sound setup - and the gameplay itself doesn't quite me on. Is the game worth playing through? I was thinking of putting 2-3 hours into it tomorrow and putting it aside just so I can say I played the game. About how long does it take to complete?

I thought it was a great game.  The demo doesn't do it justice in my opinion.  It's like a rollercoaster ride with non stop action.  The graphics are incredible if you have a HDTV.  It is a little on the short side so you may want to consider a rental if you can as opposed to buying it.  I thought it was one of the better 360 launch titles.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 01:58:56 PM »

I heard that the game is literally unplayable if you don't have high-definition -- the graphics become so dark that you can't see some of the paths you're supposed to take to complete the levels.

Quote from: "The BBC News"
Players will have expected, at the very least, that Skull Island would look better than on other consoles, taking advantage of the better graphical and processing abilities of the 360.

But Ubisoft has warned that the opposite may be the case.

"We have a problem on the 360," said Mr Guillemot. "The screen is dark on some TVs and it totally changes the experience. When it's dark, you don't see where you have to go."

The Ubisoft boss said the team who made the game used certain settings on high-definition TV screens.

It did not occur to them that there would be a problem with standard televisions, which are what most people use to play console games.

-Autistic Angel
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »

It's worth it if you want an easy 1000 acheivement points smile  Other than that, it had a couple of cool little sequences but for the most part it got really repetitive for the last third of the game.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 03:53:41 PM »

On the plus side, depending on where you got it, you can play through it so quickly, you could return it in just a few days.

I thought it was fun, but it needed more time in the cooker.  Especially given how little time you spend in NYC at the end (two levels, one with a predetermined ending).

If you have HDTV, it's certainly worth a play, but I wouldn't call it a keeper.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: