http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 11:05:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it wrong to love the Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks demo?  (Read 1035 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2005, 06:55:12 PM »

I got the new issue of XBN, and the demo disc had Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (as well as Rainbow Six: Lockdown multiplayer only and the Incredible Hulk [which was fun, if a little chaotic]).  The graphics are pretty lame.  Its gameplay is simple.  And yet I really enjoyed it.  For one thing, the fighting brings up fond memories of Double Dragon and the like, though it's a little more varied than that.  There's a definite platform element, too.  And (and for me this is really great, though your mileage will probably vary) there's a secret in every room.  I also found the boss fight against Baraka to be fun (in a typical stage-based, what-strategy-to-use way).  It reminded me a lot of Duke Nukem: The Manhattan Project, which I think was a missed gem.  Am I crazy?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 10:23:03 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
I got the new issue of XBN, and the demo disc had Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (as well as Rainbow Six: Lockdown multiplayer only and the Incredible Hulk [which was fun, if a little chaotic]).  The graphics are pretty lame.  Its gameplay is simple.  And yet I really enjoyed it.  For one thing, the fighting brings up fond memories of Double Dragon and the like, though it's a little more varied than that.  There's a definite platform element, too.  And (and for me this is really great, though your mileage will probably vary) there's a secret in every room.  I also found the boss fight against Baraka to be fun (in a typical stage-based, what-strategy-to-use way).  It reminded me a lot of Duke Nukem: The Manhattan Project, which I think was a missed gem.  Am I crazy?

Never played it, i havent even played the Mortal Kombat: Deception yet. The price too high. I look forward to playing Shaolin Monks tho, even tho i have to wait till the price drops to 9.99 so i wont be playing the game for a long long time.

Speaking of Duke Nukem Manhattan , i own that game, i  love the first level where you have to jump from root top to root top is fun.

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the ____ you think you're doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me.
I want you crying with your dirty ass in front of me - K.O.R.N.

* The World Aint Knowing "
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 10:34:31 PM »

I got to play it quite a bit during a party before E3 and I enjoyed the heck out of it.  I couldn't hear anything because of the DJ but it was a lot of fun to play co-op.  I don't think the appeal would be the same single player...but its hard to say without trying it.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:39:47 PM »

Anyone can attend the E3 Party?

If thats the case, i might go next year and brag about my dremcast idea's. : biggrin

How much do i have to pay?

You think it's funny?

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 02:54:16 AM »

Dammint, G.

Where's my red pen...?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 02:59:51 AM »

Quote from: "The General"
Anyone can attend the E3 Party?

If thats the case, i might go next year and brag about my dremcast idea's. : biggrin

How much do i have to pay?

For the love of all thats holy, take a camera along.
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 03:36:40 AM »

But serious, what do i have to do to attend the next E3, i would like to go and see how it is.

You think it's funny?

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 05:56:40 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I got to play it quite a bit during a party before E3 and I enjoyed the heck out of it.  I couldn't hear anything because of the DJ but it was a lot of fun to play co-op.  I don't think the appeal would be the same single player...but its hard to say without trying it.

Don't forget who played it along with you.

It is set in the time period of MKII, and it looks like it will be a lot of fun from the demo we played.  I'm looking forward to this one, and it should be better than the Sub-Zero game or Special Forces.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: