http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 09:39:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting poll in Famitsu Weekly on next-gen systems  (Read 1164 times)
siege
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2006, 05:23:26 AM »

Weekly Famitsu has conducted an online poll on the question "which next-generation console you wish to play the most?", the results are:

47.9% - None
35.6% - PlayStation 3
13.6% - Wii
2.9% - Xbox 360

- The next question, "what would you buy by the year end, if you have to decide between PS3 and Wii?

35.8% - Wii
32.3% - PlayStation 3
27.6% - I will wait (i.e. neither)
4.3% - I will buy both
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 05:30:33 AM »

Microsoft sucks so hard in Japan it's frightening.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 05:30:58 AM »

Wasnt there a famitsu poll a while back that suggested that the Japanese were way more excited about the Wii than the PS3?  Looks like the PS3 is gaining some ground-either that or the Wii is losing it.
siege

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 05:34:10 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 16, 2006, 05:30:58 AM

Wasnt there a famitsu poll a while back that suggested that the Japanese were way more excited about the Wii than the PS3?  Looks like the PS3 is gaining some ground-either that or the Wii is losing it.

That was a developer poll, yea. This one is from the readers.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 07:19:27 AM »

the japanese people want to swallow their pride and admit that japan arent the only ones on the market...IMO xbox 1 took both ps2 and the cube to the cleaners

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 07:45:58 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 16, 2006, 07:19:27 AM

the japanese people want to swallow their pride and admit that japan arent the only ones on the market...IMO xbox 1 took both ps2 and the cube to the cleaners
Roll Eyes

Actually it wasn't just the developers in that previous poll.  I went back to Bill's blog and found where he sourced it.  Here's the actual article: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3403&Itemid=2

From Bil's blog:

Then there was the article last week about Famitsu's latest survey where about 80% of everyone just don't give a damn about the PS3. Here's a brief summary of the poll results.
Gamers (216 participants)
Here’s what gamers said are the consoles they’re most interested in buying:
73.6%: Wii
16.7%: PS3
9.7%: neither

Retailers (85 participants)
Of retailers, here are the consoles they find most appealing:
65.9%: Wii
18.8%: neither
15.3%: PS3

Game makers (33 participants)
69.7%: Wii
27.3%: PS
33%: neither
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 01:08:48 PM »

Why do so many Japanese hate the Xbox brand? Because it's American?

Here in the U.S. we buy Japanese products no problem, from their cars (toyotas,etc.) to their electronics (playstations) nobody really cares where they come from, except maybe a few dozen WWII veterans who still refuse to buy Japanese.
Now it's got me wondering if they have American-made cars in Japan..  icon_biggrin

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 01:17:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 16, 2006, 07:19:27 AM

Or.....maybe different cultures have different taste in games.  Most of the folks in Japan don't care for the Xbox's first person shooters, sports games, and action games.  The PS2 is not only the home of the RPGs, it has a lot of (largely what we think of as "quirky") Japanese games that never saw the light of day in the U.S.

You'll find no disagreement from them about the Gamecube, it bombed there as well.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on October 16, 2006, 01:08:48 PM

Why do so many Japanese hate the Xbox brand? Because it's American?

Here in the U.S. we buy Japanese products no problem, from their cars (toyotas,etc.) to their electronics (playstations) nobody really cares where they come from, except maybe a few dozen WWII veterans who still refuse to buy Japanese.
Now it's got me wondering if they have American-made cars in Japan..  icon_biggrin

The Japanese love lots of American products so I don't think it's that arbitrary.  They do have different tastes in gaming and genres (FPS are not popular there at all) so it's not too surprising that Xbox and 360 haven't done well since they don't really represent what Japanese game players are seemingly looking for. 
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 01:32:36 PM »

I went on a trip to Japan about a year ago, and was there for about three weeks.  I was actively paying attention to the cars I saw (I was looking for Skylines) and in those three weeks I saw a grand total of two American cars.  One Corvette, and one H2.  I saw maybe two dozen European cars, but the vast vast majority of were Japanese makes.

Aside from McDonalds and Kentucy Fried Chicken, the only American product that looked like it was having any success there was the iPod.  Even American soda isn't popular.  They do have Coke in their vending machines, but sodas we're familiar with are a small small percentage of the options in a machine.  (There were, however, a number of tea based drinks from Coca Cola that looked popular.)

I'm not sure what these "lots of American products" are that they're loving.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 02:11:02 PM »

The problem is that Microsoft doesnt understand what japanese want and they dont seem to know how to do business in Japan at all. I was hoping that Microsoft would do well in Japan this time but they screwed it up again. they need to buy a japanese company and let them run the japanese side of it with complete control. Launching the XBOX 360 with no JRPG's and no titles that the japanese really like was stupid, the big japanese games we heard about before launch are still not out, the japanese could care less if there is a WWII FPS and Madden on the system so the XBOX died hard in Japan again.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 02:13:25 PM »

Quote from: bluntman72 on October 16, 2006, 02:11:02 PM

The problem is that Microsoft doesnt understand what japanese want and they dont seem to know how to do business in Japan at all.

Heh, I'm reminded about how MS heavily marketed 360 as being HD ready while seemingly ignorant that high definition is called something completely different in Japan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 02:18:38 PM »

The problem is that Microsoft doesnt understand what japanese want and they dont seem to know how to do business in Japan at all. I was hoping that Microsoft would do well in Japan this time but they screwed it up again. they need to buy a japanese company and let them run the japanese side of it with complete control. Launching the XBOX 360 with no JRPG's and no titles that the japanese really like was stupid, the big japanese games we heard about before launch are still not out, the japanese could care less if there is a WWII FPS and Madden on the system so the XBOX died hard in Japan again.

Yeah, they need to buy Square-Enix  icon_twisted

Quote from: Canuck on October 16, 2006, 07:45:58 AM

Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 04:02:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 16, 2006, 02:18:38 PM

Quote from: Canuck on October 16, 2006, 07:45:58 AM

Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 05:52:24 PM »

thats why i told bill gates and peter moore to buy square enix......they didnt listen Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 12:44:58 AM »

Actually no they don't and who can blame them? US cars are trash compared to Japanese cars.  Heck even Americans are buying Japanese more than American these days! A status symbol car for Japanese is usually German, either a Mercedes or a BMW.  You see lots of those over here.  You can even see the odd Volkswagen as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: