http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 04:51:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Info on Oblivions Acheivements  (Read 1135 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/theelderscrollsIVoblivion/20060119-achievements.htm

The first hour or two of the game has you uncovering the basic foundation for the story as you follow (albeit in a roundabout way) the emperor through the network of tunnels and caves underneath the dungeon in which you were held prisoner. After finally making your way outside to freedom, you'll unlock an achievement.

You'll receive another achievement for the first Oblivion Gate you close. Also, though this may be a story point, in true Elder Scrolls fashion, this moment isn't scripted. In fact, you may choose to go your own way the first time an opportunity to close a gate finds you, allowing for this achievement to be unlocked at an entirely different time.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 04:49:02 PM »

Yeah I read that this morning-wasn't as much information as I would like, but sounds good. I love 360 achievements. Brilliant idea whoever came up with it.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:26:55 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Yeah I read that this morning-wasn't as much information as I would like, but sounds good. I love 360 achievements. Brilliant idea whoever came up with it.

Indeed!  I love the achievements system too.  I didn't even know about it prior to my purchase, and it gives an additional incentive to try out all facets of a game since I'm borderlin OCD with achieving goals anyway.  slywink  PGR3 will keep me busy a long time!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 09:04:43 PM »

All I know is that with the huge scope of this game there had better be over 100 achievements.   :wink:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 12:27:41 AM »

Why the fuss over achievements?  I never really got the big deal over them.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 12:36:28 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"

What I don't like about them is how inconsitent games are for giving them out.  I believe each game has 1000pts to give out over a maximum of up to 50(??) different achievements.  The problem is that certain games give out points like they are candy (Madden, Kameo, King Kong) while others make it much more difficult to get or spread them across many awards.  I would make the claim that it would only take somebody an hour or less to rack up all 1000 points on Madden (most can be done in one game) if they really wanted to.  I've heard King Kong gives out all 1000 points simply for beating the game.

Other games, like DOA4, make you work really hard to get even 10 points - I kind of like this approach, as you should be awarded for your skill in a game and not just the amount of playtime you've put into it....   just my 2 cents.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 12:41:32 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
I would make the claim that it would only take somebody an hour or less to rack up all 1000 points on Madden (most can be done in one game) if they really wanted to.

I think it's 400 points for running a franchise for 20(?) years. It takes way longer than an hour just to straight sim all of that, trust me I thought about it. slywink Claim denied. smile

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 12:48:14 AM »

TheMissingLink on PSN
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »

Why the fuss over achievements? I never really got the big deal over them.

Lol, it's the hidden (and not so-hidden) RPG'er in all of us - just break open one more box, uncover one more upgrade, etc.  It's also - sometimes - the challenge.  Quake 4 took  me longer because I kept trying to complete a level using only one particular weapon.  I may go play it again, because I didn't know about achievements until it was too late to try to complete a level with only the pistol. I must be a nut.

I would make the claim that it would only take somebody an hour or less to rack up all 1000 points on Madden

Not just anybody - I don't play team sports games because I can't tell if I'm moving the characters... or if it's just the demo!  :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 03:20:04 AM »

What I don't like about them is how inconsitent games are for giving them out.  I believe each game has 1000pts to give out over a maximum of up to 50(??) different achievements.  The problem is that certain games give out points like they are candy (Madden, Kameo, King Kong) while others make it much more difficult to get or spread them across many awards.  I would make the claim that it would only take somebody an hour or less to rack up all 1000 points on Madden (most can be done in one game) if they really wanted to.  I've heard King Kong gives out all 1000 points simply for beating the game.

Other games, like DOA4, make you work really hard to get even 10 points - I kind of like this approach, as you should be awarded for your skill in a game and not just the amount of playtime you

I agree with you to some extent-I would like more consistency but I am not sure how that would be achieved. I think some games are far too difficult, and like Dimonna said, some are far too easy. Its a delicate balance.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 03:26:19 AM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
I would make the claim that it would only take somebody an hour or less to rack up all 1000 points on Madden (most can be done in one game) if they really wanted to.

I think it's 400 points for running a franchise for 20(?) years. It takes way longer than an hour just to straight sim all of that, trust me I thought about it. slywink Claim denied. smile

It's 30 years, and yeah I was making the assumption that it could be simmed in an hour - but I guess that's not the case?  Ah well, you get the gist of my point - I managed to get all of the ingame acheivments done in a game (6 minute quarters; although I fell one sack short thanks to a QB fumble on two of my would be sacks).

And yeah, the closet RPGer in me is seriously thinking of letting my 360 simulate 30 years of Madden just to get that acheivement....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 01:07:19 PM »

It's very simple for me.  It gives me the "push" or impetus to complete single player games.  I will often let games drag on forever (months).  But, the achievements give me accomplishments (rewards if you will) in steps and it continually makes me want to play the game to completion.  Plus, I don't really play any mulitplayer so achievements also give me something to work for.  I love them and they are now emblazoned in my brain forever.  Last night I was playing Resident Evil 4 and after completing a chapter I was wondering what achievement I was getting!  Doh!  I was on Gamecube! :shock:

I do agree with everyone that they are inconsistent.  The sports ones, especially hockey, are horrible.  There are only five moronic achievements in NHL 2K6.  In this game for example, there should be achievements for coming in 1st in your division, making the playoffs, getting to the conference finals, winning the Stanley Cup, having the most wins during the season, having the best powerplay percentage and on and on.

XM Channel 76
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 02:27:54 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
 It gives me the "push" or impetus to complete single player games.

I had to look this word up.  It means "stimulus" for any other morons like me that didn't know.  Hey Shifty, how about you tone down the 25-cent words, huh!   :wink:

Quote from: "Mytocles"
I don't play team sports games because I can't tell if I'm moving the characters... or if it's just the demo!

This is signature worthy, especially for some of us that consider ourselves to be sports-gamers.   biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 03:19:39 PM »

Simming 30 years of Madden took somewhere closer to two and a half or three hours (I forget exactly, but started simming while I was on the phone, and after a few days, I was done)

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 04:21:16 PM »

LOL, thanks Lockdown - I just wish it wasn't true!  I buy, sell, and trade a lot of games so I can have all the ones I want.  When I have to test a sports game - OMG, it's hysterical.   I'm just mashing away at those analogs trying to see if anyone on the field is matching the moves! :lol:

So, so sad... :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 04:29:38 PM »

Don't worry myto.  Hoagiehead can't play sports games as well.  He has trouble figuring out how to pass when it is essentially just one button press. :wink:

XM Channel 76
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: