http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 11:24:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infinium finally went and did it.....  (Read 1403 times)
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 29, 2005, 10:15:42 PM »

They released the keyboard.  http://www.gamingtrend.com/News/news.php?NewsID=4590

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

Which of us "staffers" have cheered anything by Infinium, and when can we go kick their asses on principle? biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:59:12 PM »

I'll change it if it wasn't true...but I thought Ron and Tim had seen it and like the peripheral...it was someone that went to E3.  I"VE BEEN WORKING ALL DAY....MY MEMORY AINT SO GOOD N'MORE!!!!!

*thud*

*peeks through eyelid*  Did it work?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 12:20:37 AM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
I'll change it if it wasn't true...but I thought Ron and Tim had seen it and like the peripheral...it was someone that went to E3.  I"VE BEEN WORKING ALL DAY....MY MEMORY AINT SO GOOD N'MORE!!!!!

Huh? I liked the lapboard? I laughed at the console itself (and still do), and the keyboard/mouse thing, while holding a bit of promise, was ultimately worthless. How many of you would seriously find this thing useful?

Talk about a waste of development funding. At least they're gonna produce something out of all that money and time. Doubt it'll sell though, short of people who can now say they own a piece of a failed gaming console (just like the sidetalkin' N-Gage). biggrin

And to answer the original though - yes, Ron and I did see the console in 'action'. I think Graham saw it as well, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 12:57:41 AM »

The lapboard was the only remotely interesting thing Infinium has shown.  I don't recall it here on GT, but during the previous showings of the Phantom the lapboard was the only thing that was not laughed at.  People seemed genuinely interested about it, particularly with Media PC's and for console-based MMORPG's.  I don't think the product is a bad idea at all with it's small(er) form factor.  Of course I would just as soon throw money at a knockoff product than give Infinium Labs a dime.

Some choice quotes from the press release:

The required $USD 2 million round of funding for the Phantom Lapboard is a necessary step to deliver our vision for our products and services quickly into the market..."

Wait, they need $2 million more?  What about the millions they bilked out of (stupid) investors?

Infinium Labs will launch the product through direct over the Internet strategic e-commerce sites with viral marketing, advertising campaigns and trade events to support the new Lapboard.

Good luck with that...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 01:04:44 AM »

I'll pick one of these up when it's on clearance for $5.  May not be such a long wait.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 02:40:12 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
I'll pick one of these up when it's on clearance for $5.  May not be such a long wait.

Personally, I think you'd wind up overpaying. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 04:15:07 AM »

Honestly, I don't even think I would get it then.  I have more than enough computer junk I will never use, and that would likely never even make it out of the box.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 10:07:59 AM »

Actually they haven't even released it yet. They are "talking" about a release date, just like they did with the phantom quite a few times, which never showed up either.
Surely though the keyboard and mouse do exist right? By the time they get around to releasing it most of us will have forgotten about this press release just as we did all the other ones for the phantom. Infium really needs to understand the old quote "Actions speak louder than words" because it's hard to take anything they say serious anymore.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 08:09:29 PM »

I saw some of the pictures for it, and it looks like it's only set up where you have to use your right hand for the mouse.

I'm right handed, but I use my left hand for my mouse, which I like better for playing FPS, since I can use the keypad instead of WASD keys.  I would be more interested in the keyboard if there was that option of left-handed setup.

as an aside/rant --> Why don't logitech/microsoft make their fancier mice where it's not contoured for the right hand?  that really sucks, since it limits my choice of mouse.  I'm sure there's a lawsuit waiting by the left-handed computer uses out there....
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 01:05:28 AM »

I'm right handed, use the arrow keys, and still use my mouse with my right hand.  I don't think I have the agility to use my mouse with the left hand.  I find it odd that you must use your right hand to use the arrows.

As for the right-handed mouse...  I dunno.  I'm surprised there aren't more lefty mice since 27% (by one servey I read) are left-handed.  Just tried my Logitech ergo mouse left-handed and it's definately a no-go.

Like I said, wait for the inevitable knock-offs just to spite Infinium.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 04:59:03 AM »

Quote from: "lex"
I saw some of the pictures for it, and it looks like it's only set up where you have to use your right hand for the mouse.

I thought I remember reading/hearing/seeing that the keyboard can be rotated around, thus allowing people who mouse with their left hand to do so.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 08:38:53 AM »

They probably just buy someone else's design from some China/Taiwan company and put their brand on it so that they can steal more from dumb investors who still think Infinium is for real instead of a scam.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 06:19:23 PM »

I predict we will never see this either. Just another way to bilk a little more money from investors before the scam has run its course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: