http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 02:40:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indigo Prophecy  (Read 1602 times)
Doopri
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:21:03 PM »

well im going to jump the gun here because no one has yet - maybe this can double up as an impressions in a couple days...

but the reason i started it is that it was supposed to ship a couple days ago, and now eb has its date moved up and a "non-confirmation" on the price... any chance that the insiders heard something about this getting a new ($20???) price point or some such thing???
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 08:41:35 PM »

Just got mine at Gamestop and it is still $39.99.  I cancelled my preorder with EB because they were now showing a 9/26 ship date.

There was quite a bit of confusion with the shipments of this game for some reason, but I don't think the price point was ever an issue.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:44:53 PM »

bastards! i was so hoping too...!

so??? how is it? do tell
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 10:20:01 PM »

This is my most-wanted game of all of them coming out right now, but I cannot get myself to buy it at that price when I know, since it is basically an adventure game, that I will definitely only play through it once.  So, I am going to rent or buy when $19.99.  

But in any event, I cannot wait to play this baby.  Loved the demo.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 10:44:44 AM »

i got mine at game stop as well, for 39.99, and mostly becuase EB suddenly changed the date to next week.  <shrug>  I have only gotten a short bit into the game.  I am finding the graphics a bit sub par for the X Box.  But, I am really enjoying the story so far.  I figure since they had to cram like 4 stories onto the disc, they sacrificed some on the graphics.  I am good with that, as long as the story and the gameplay are good.

My only complaint so far is a camera and control quirk.  When the camera changes view, you have to change the direction of the control stick to compensate.  Causing a slight pause from me, to adjust.  Whereas if they had used the camera and control from Fatal Frame, you could continue in your direction as long as you continued to press the direction you were previously.

Other than that I am really liking it so far.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 11:47:31 AM »

Quote from: "GGMark"
i got mine at game stop as well, for 39.99, and mostly becuase EB suddenly changed the date to next week.  <shrug>  I have only gotten a short bit into the game.  I am finding the graphics a bit sub par for the X Box.  But, I am really enjoying the story so far.  I figure since they had to cram like 4 stories onto the disc, they sacrificed some on the graphics.  I am good with that, as long as the story and the gameplay are good.

My only complaint so far is a camera and control quirk.  When the camera changes view, you have to change the direction of the control stick to compensate.  Causing a slight pause from me, to adjust.  Whereas if they had used the camera and control from Fatal Frame, you could continue in your direction as long as you continued to press the direction you were previously.

Other than that I am really liking it so far.

I'm liking it as well, but I thought this game was devoid of any twitch mechanics?  I absolutely hate the parts where you get the "Get Ready" on the screen and then you have to match the color coded presses with the right and left sticks.  I don't remember this being in the demo.  What was billed as a true adventure game should not have this crap in it.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 09:27:16 PM »

On easy mode, it disregards extra button presses do you can basically mash the buttons in all directions in case you miss one.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 10:22:49 PM »

Cannot find this game anywhere.  Maybe next week.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 06:26:57 AM »

Around here, the EBs say next week yet the gamestops have it...
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 02:50:22 PM »

I finally played the demo last night.

I enjoyed it but my options seemed pretty limited...perhaps it's because of the demo nature, but I tried

<EARLY GAME/DEMO SPOILTERS>

to leave the body in the middle of the bathroom and bash the cop with his broom.

It didn't let me do it as after I cleaned up the blood I had to put the broom back.

So there's freedom to play it in different ways, but not too much....

Next, I tried to take the knife from the bathroom, stab the cop, take his gun and take the patrons hostage until the cops arrived. I also tried to negotiate for a helicopter and 1,000,000 bucks in small unmarked bills, but they would only give me a car and some lotto tickets.  I was disappointed...

<END SPOILERS>

Are there more options in the full version?
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 04:28:26 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
I finally played the demo last night.

I enjoyed it but my options seemed pretty limited...perhaps it's because of the demo nature, but I tried

<EARLY GAME/DEMO SPOILTERS>

to leave the body in the middle of the bathroom and bash the cop with his broom.

It didn't let me do it as after I cleaned up the blood I had to put the broom back.

So there's freedom to play it in different ways, but not too much....

Next, I tried to take the knife from the bathroom, stab the cop, take his gun and take the patrons hostage until the cops arrived. I also tried to negotiate for a helicopter and 1,000,000 bucks in small unmarked bills, but they would only give me a car and some lotto tickets.  I was disappointed...

<END SPOILERS>

Are there more options in the full version?

I wouldn't say the game gives you optional actions as much as gives you optional paths.  I think you're asking way too much from a game that already gives you many choices to play out a scene.  It is absurd for you to expect to be able to do the things you suggest.  Nowhere on the box or in the previews does it say you get 100% freedom of movement or unlimited choices as to how you handle a situation.

The demo gives you at least 5 or 6 different ways to play (that I counted), and there's probably more.  Why would you want to stay in the bathroom and attempt to fight a guy with a gun when there are many other ways for you to make a clean exit?  

If you're truly disappointed because this game didn't let you bash a cop with a broom or steal a getaway car, maybe you should go back to Grand Theft Auto, because this game definitely isn't for you.

Personally, after almost 5 hours, I have really enjoyed the game and have not been let down one bit by what the game wouldn't let me do, but more entertained by what it WOULD let me do.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 04:46:57 PM »

Wow, what a kickass game.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 05:41:21 PM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"

Yeah it is a lot of fun, but might be the shortest game I've ever played.  Even though I had a blast playing it, I feel somewhat ripped off that I got about 5 hours of entertainment for $40.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 06:24:57 PM »

Quote from: "The_Man"
Quote from: "rrmorton"

Yeah it is a lot of fun, but might be the shortest game I've ever played.  Even though I had a blast playing it, I feel somewhat ripped off that I got about 5 hours of entertainment for $40.

I'm really taking my time with it, occasionally replaying chapters to see what happens if I make different choices. Hell, I played the demo (Chapter 1) for over an hour on it's own.  smile

So far, I've put in a good 5 hours, and I'm only about 30% done. If that rate continues and I get 12-15 hours out of it, I'd be more than satisfied.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 01:25:17 AM »

I hate climbing fences in this game.  :x

Other than that, I really, really like it. I'm about 60% done at the moment, and the plot is starting to get a bit... um... interesting. Anyone else playing this? If so, what do you think?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 06:23:57 AM »

Like everyone else thinks, way too rushed at the end.  They most definitely had to cut a lot of near end material to make the release date.

You'll know it when you see it, but there's a chunk of time missing in the game that should have been put in.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 05:28:17 PM »

I just got this game from gogamer for 19.99 (good deal) but for some reason I can't get the game to save. I realize there are save points but I played two chapters last night and wanted to stop.

I hit the stop button and then went back to see if it saved and NO, it was gone and back to where I started the night. How do you make sure the game saves your progress???

Anyone?

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 11:25:17 PM »

The only saves are between chapters, if you exit in the middle of a chapter you lose all progress.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: