http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 09:49:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In which I pimp the new Fallout 3 site  (Read 13968 times)
kathode
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 08, 2008, 02:57:11 PM

Quote from: kathode on October 08, 2008, 02:07:27 PM

360 will have exclusive DLC for a while.  Whether that means it's a timed-exclusive or that it will have DLC that is never available on PS3, I don't know, but 360 will get DLC first.  Beyond that, the only difference between the two versions will be that the 360 will have achievement support, while we are not supporting trophies for PS3.  Whether we patch it in later, I can't say for sure.

what about for the PC version?  do we get the DLC too?

and did you guys put weather back in yet?  Tongue

I think PC is wrapped into the 360 deal, so it should get it at the same time or close to it.

Weather has always been in - well, depends on your definition I guess. Cloud changes and stuff are there.  Just no rain.  It's drought season in 2277.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2008, 03:28:19 PM »

I'm a little depressed that I preordered the Collectors Edition of Fallout 3 for the PS3, and we are not going to see the DL content.    I mainly preordered it for the PS3 due to the reliability of the system over the 360.    I just can't count on my M$ box to keep running if you know what I mean.

I guess I can find comfort in the knowledge that the game is (hopefully) big enough to keep my busy for a LONG time even without the content, and that the sheer number of games coming out this fall will make the DL content less nessessary in combination with the (hopefully) large size of the game.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2008, 03:34:01 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 08, 2008, 03:28:19 PM

I'm a little depressed that I preordered the Collectors Edition of Fallout 3 for the PS3, and we are not going to see the DL content.

Just to be clear, PS3 will get downloads eventually.  360 just gets them first.
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2008, 03:45:28 PM »

Did we ever figure out if the Amazon Pipboy is an actual digital clock or?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »

Quote from: Pharaoh on October 08, 2008, 03:45:28 PM

I'm not sure I can justify the extra 40.00 for it anymore...that's almost a whole other game...
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2008, 05:19:24 PM »

the guide looks pretty nice and if the tax/shipping aren't too extravagant, i'll probably grab it from amazon.  that's a lot of reading. 

thanks for posting the joystiq link.  i don't frequent there during the day so it's nice to see the ads.  please tell the marketing people to make them into wallpaper. 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2008, 05:23:51 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 08, 2008, 04:02:46 PM

Quote from: Pharaoh on October 08, 2008, 03:45:28 PM

I'm not sure I can justify the extra 40.00 for it anymore...that's almost a whole other game...

And I've officially canceled it.  Now I'm deciding on whether I actually need the trinkets from the CE either.  May end up just getting the vanilla version.

But that strat guide is tempting me Tongue
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2008, 05:43:32 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 08, 2008, 05:23:51 PM

And I've officially canceled it.  Now I'm deciding on whether I actually need the trinkets from the CE either.  May end up just getting the vanilla version.

But that strat guide is tempting me Tongue

You know you want the CE of both. Besides - kathode will lose his commission from every one that gets sold (just kidding). Tongue

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »

I'm seriously tempted to take the metro 2 stops to see the Fall Out 3 ads at Metro Center. I love gaming.  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2008, 08:36:05 PM »

My main concern is that sites have indicated the game doesn't have the humor of the previous games... that was always nice to balance out the setting...
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2008, 08:42:01 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on October 08, 2008, 08:36:05 PM

My main concern is that sites have indicated the game doesn't have the humor of the previous games... that was always nice to balance out the setting...

To be completely fair, it was one French review that said that (and the final score was a 93).  So depends on how much you trust humor to carry through translations.  I believe a number of previews have mentioned the humor being present.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2008, 12:11:30 AM »

Quote from: kathode on October 08, 2008, 08:42:01 PM

Quote from: Azhag on October 08, 2008, 08:36:05 PM

To be completely fair, it was one French review that said that (and the final score was a 93).  So depends on how much you trust humor to carry through translations.  I believe a number of previews have mentioned the humor being present.

and remember, the French find Jerry Lewis funny....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2008, 05:20:42 AM »

All I can add to any of this, is that I'm now intrigued by F-3, a game I'd never really known anything about (or previous Fallouts, for that matter).

Not to seem like a suck-up or anything, but IMO, if Kathode recommends it - based on "past performance" then I will, at the very least, be checking it out.   icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2008, 06:27:55 AM »

So I'm buying NBA 2K9 tomorrow and putting a preorder on Fallout 3, I just don't know which version 360, PS3 or PC.  360 has early DLC, PS3 is reliable and PC "might" look and play better.  You guys think it will look and play better on my pc?  (specs below)

Core 2 1.86
 2GB RAM
 GeForce 880 GTS

I'm thinking I should go PC, but the 360 and PS3 provide a little more convenience.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2008, 07:28:20 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 08, 2008, 03:28:19 PM

I'm a little depressed that I preordered the Collectors Edition of Fallout 3 for the PS3, and we are not going to see the DL content.    I mainly preordered it for the PS3 due to the reliability of the system over the 360.    I just can't count on my M$ box to keep running if you know what I mean.

Obama paid them to do this to you  icon_twisted

Because I can,
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2008, 08:21:20 AM »

Ok, so I've been seeing threads that stores have been breaking the street date for Fallout 3. I didn't know that Fallout 3 was even gold, let alone already sitting in store backrooms. WTF?

There are people already with Fallout 3 achievement points, according to this site: http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?gt=&g=593&z=&c=&x=84&y=17

That is really, really lame.  mad
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2008, 08:24:47 AM »

Quote from: namatoki on October 09, 2008, 08:21:20 AM

Ok, so I've been seeing threads that stores have been breaking the street date for Fallout 3. I didn't know that Fallout 3 was even gold, let alone already sitting in store backrooms. WTF?

There are people already with Fallout 3 achievement points, according to this site: http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?gt=&g=593&z=&c=&x=84&y=17

psst, it's not a broken street date. it's out there, but ya know...out there.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2008, 08:25:26 AM »

Quote from: namatoki on October 09, 2008, 08:21:20 AM

beta testers? pirates? aliens?

A new one
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2008, 08:27:45 AM »

I read that Kmart broke street date. I know there are pirates floating around a review copy as well. In any case, it's still lame.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2008, 08:51:28 AM »

I have a hard time thinking anyone's broken a street date for a game not scheduled for release for nearly three weeks.  Games don't get shipped until the week before at the earliest, even with super-huge titles.

Also, just because stuff is showing up in XBL doesn't mean they aren't legit.  Do you really think someone would be stupid enough to start playing knowing they will get banned?  Almost certainly those 10 people are journo's or MS folks or Bethesda folks.

That said, word is the 360 version is available via piratey routes. 

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on October 09, 2008, 08:51:28 AM

I have a hard time thinking anyone's broken a street date for a game not scheduled for release for nearly three weeks.  Games don't get shipped until the week before at the earliest, even with super-huge titles.

That's actually not true.  There was at least one huge title (that I of course can't remember) that was in stores several weeks before street date...I'm sure can access the database he keeps in his batcave and tell us...
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2008, 12:24:40 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 09, 2008, 12:23:58 PM

That's actually not true.  There was at least one huge title (that I of course can't remember) that was in stores several weeks before street date...I'm sure can access the database he keeps in his batcave and tell us...

edit: Eh, appearently, I write with invisible ink at times..I'll try again

Who DAMMIT! tell us who!!!

slywink

A new one
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2008, 01:48:02 PM »

Does anyone know if this is even GOLD? If so which versions?
Knowing it's Gold makes it more realistic for a release date.....
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2008, 02:08:30 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on October 09, 2008, 01:48:02 PM

Does anyone know if this is even GOLD? If so which versions?
Knowing it's Gold makes it more realistic for a release date.....

Yes, it's gold.  Presumably all versions.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2008, 02:11:04 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 09, 2008, 12:24:40 PM

edit: Eh, appearently, I write with invisible ink at times..I'll try again

Who DAMMIT! tell us who!!!

slywink

lol. I had written KG and meant to replace it with Kevin Grey...but somewhere between the deleting and rewriting I forgot to do it.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »

At least several of the people in that list are Microsoft folks.  Same thing happened with Oblivion.  When the discs are in manufacturing, people will take a few and test them to make sure everything checks out.  We saw the "qui gon jinn" guy get the achievements several days ago.  Totally legit.  I don't know if all of them are legit, but I haven't seen any evidence beyond rumors that the game has leaked.  I'd be pretty surprised if stores actually had it in stock at this point.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2008, 02:41:09 PM »

a bunch on that list also have Saints Row 2 achievment points too.  and there are others with FAble 2 points.

they must die.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2008, 02:42:14 PM »

Are you thinking of Mass Effect?  
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2008, 02:53:09 PM »

That said, word is the 360 version is available via piratey routes. 

I can confirm via a bit of poking around. It's labeled that's it's a review copy though, so who knows what exactly happened.

And no - the game just went gold. No stores have it in stock yet.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2008, 05:14:28 PM »

PC piracy ruins dreams for developers again! If only it had been a console release, this coul-wait... 360? Oh.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »

Man do I love waiting an extra 3 weeks for a release date while dishonest people are playing the game already.

I hate hard-release dates.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »

Quote from: Fellow on October 09, 2008, 05:14:28 PM

PC piracy ruins dreams for developers again! If only it had been a console release, this coul-wait... 360? Oh.

That's what I find absolutely hilarious. The PC version isn't out there(yet). Yet we are subjected to all this crappy DRM because piracy only happens on the PC. HAHA! Once again Stardock proves how dumb the rest of the industry is.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2008, 06:45:16 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 09, 2008, 06:39:04 PM

Man do I love waiting an extra 3 weeks for a release date while dishonest people are playing the game already.

I hate hard-release dates.

This has nothing to do with a "hard release date."  As mentioned the stores don't have the game yet. 

Even if it did have something to do with that, and supposing we put it out there with no hard release date, you could well find yourself in the exact same situation where some other stores obtain and release it before your store does. 

Quote from: jersoc on October 09, 2008, 06:39:34 PM

That's what I find absolutely hilarious. The PC version isn't out there(yet). Yet we are subjected to all this crappy DRM because piracy only happens on the PC. HAHA! Once again Stardock proves how dumb the rest of the industry is.

You might want to look up our DRM solution before posting.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »

Quote from: kathode on October 09, 2008, 06:45:16 PM

Quote from: jersoc on October 09, 2008, 06:39:34 PM

You might want to look up our DRM solution before posting.

Which last time I checked (recent interviews and previous game releases) is nothing more than a simple CD check. If you call that DRM, jersoc, then I'd be glad if all games only had that.

Remember - the game JUST went Gold. This early release is not due to some store selling it early, this is due to a REVIEWER torrenting their copy (based on what little info I've found so far) for the rest of the world (or at least in the US and Europe, which is the version the torrent is supposed to be).

Kathode, I feel for you guys. The gall that a reviewer would do something like that. As a former one for this site, frankly, I'm disgusted.

namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2008, 08:29:47 PM »

Unfortunately, I read a rumor that the street date was broken which I'm glad that kathode cleared up. It's still crappy that the reviewer copy got leaked.

I'm just glad that there's not Fallout 3 sitting on store backrooms. Personally, I think having street dates that far in advance is lame. But I'm glad to hear this isn't the case.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2008, 01:17:38 AM »

hey Kathode, any chance some of those posters being put up for advertising will ever be for sale to the general public?  I'd love to get the one of the BoS guy standing in front of the Washington Monument with the flags.

Because I can,
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2008, 05:25:41 PM »

So wanted to go ahead and post our OXM review score for anyone interested -

10/10 headbang

Quote from: CeeKay on October 10, 2008, 01:17:38 AM

hey Kathode, any chance some of those posters being put up for advertising will ever be for sale to the general public?  I'd love to get the one of the BoS guy standing in front of the Washington Monument with the flags.

I really don't know, sorry.  I hope so, I'd love to have one myself.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »

Well, with the arrival of Dead Space and my renewed attempt to play through FO1 and 2 again before FO3, I'm putting my purchase of the game on hold indefinitely (probably around Christmas).

Survial edition to no purchase all within a week! Funny how that works.  saywhat
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 14, 2008, 05:49:43 PM

Well, with the arrival of Dead Space and my renewed attempt to play through FO1 and 2 again before FO3, I'm putting my purchase of the game on hold indefinitely (probably around Christmas).

Survial edition to no purchase all within a week! Funny how that works.  saywhat

You will cave to the forums and buy the game on release day like the rest of us
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2008, 06:03:58 PM »

Quote from: kathode on October 14, 2008, 05:25:41 PM

So wanted to go ahead and post our OXM review score for anyone interested -

10/10 headbang

Scans of the article or I don't believe it. Tongue

That said - congrats. Here's to hoping that the sites give it the high scores the game no doubt deserves.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: