http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 01:13:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impressions of PS2 Devil May Cry 2 Please  (Read 655 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2005, 10:41:02 PM »

I saw this for $16.99 and was wondering if it is worth it.  Know zilch about it, but it looks to be a Ninja Gaiden type of game.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 10:44:34 PM »

Buy Devil May Cry.

Do NOT buy Devil May Cry 2.

The first one is a good game, whereas the second... well, it's not quite... right in the head, if you know what I mean.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 12:30:55 AM »

It's really, really bad.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 12:53:03 AM »

Read my review to see how truly bad it is.  I hoped when I had that review up that many people would not have picked up the game.  I had the review up a day before most people got their hands on the game.

DMC3 is looking like a far better game, plus most of the original team is on it.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 11:15:01 AM »

It's looking to be, but DMC2 was looking to be a better game when it was in hype mode too.  Like the last time, I'll wait and see.

The funniest things I found with DMC2 was the complete and utter lack of plot and characterization.  The characters basically move from one location to another and utter one liners once or twice per mission that have no relation to the story.

Hell, in the first confrontation between Dante and the head bad buy, just two sentences are spoken.

It's like they didn't want to pay the voice actors or something.

edit:  Oh and your review saved me a purchase.  Seriously I had picked it up after work before getting home, but I didn't open it.  I was just about to when I saw the review was up online, so I read through and promptly returned the game.

I did later rent it to experience it for myself.... well more to oggle the female lead characters moves. Tongue  But I'm glad I didn't buy it.  Hopefully Capcom realized its stupidity this time around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: