http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 04:41:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IGN reviews Suikoden 4  (Read 823 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2005, 09:46:43 AM »

IGN has posted their review for Suikoden 4.  Although the game sounds somewhat disappointing, the review has actually increased my interest in the game.  After hearing nothing but vague "it sucks" comments, it's nice to have some concrete details about the game.  Also, the minigames sound like great fun, and I've always loved minigames in RPGs.  The $40 price tag is also nice.  Anyone else picking this up on Wednesday?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 10:19:25 AM »

Hmm . . . I think a reserved "maybe" here.  I'm not much of a Suikoden fan - never played the first nor the second.  I played the third and didn't care for it that much.  I tried to like it, but just didn't.  I was actually going to pick it up again at a local video game shop but skipped due to this release.

The review is very positive for a 7.9 score.  But him declaring how he's a "Suikoden fanboy" (which I think is GREAT actually - it's a review from someone who knows the franchise and so forth) and how he scored it a 7.9 - I don't know.  We'll see   biggrin

**Edit** Thought about it - I love the heck out of RPGs.  It's my favorite genre of game by far.  And I think I'm going to do something which I absolutely hate when it comes to an RPG - I think I'm going to give it a rental and see how it goes.  Hey, if I don't like it at least I'll be saving some money   :wink:

****Edit #2****  Ok I watched some videos, looked at some screenies . . . I'll be picking it up Wednesday!

******Edit #3******  So uhh, since nowhere around here gets games in a timely manner, I just got done ordering it from Gamestop.com.  So I will be receiving it Wednesday and should have some impressions later that day.  Plus free art book, hoorah

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 01:04:14 PM »

This Wednesday?  Crap.  There goes the family budget.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 08:07:49 PM »

The funny thing is this new iteration sounds vastly more interesting to me than the last, which I didnt like very much, to put it mildly.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 01:45:45 AM »

I didn't really like the Trinity system in Suikoden 3, so that being gone from the game is actually a plus in my books. I am still, very much, debating over whether I should pick this up or not. I loved Suikoden 1 & 2, liked 3 well enough, so I suppose I'm a bit of a fanboy for the series. I'd also hate for this to be the last in the series.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: