http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 04:22:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish Black and White (Lite?) was on the DS  (Read 2269 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2005, 08:22:21 PM »

Just like the title says, I wish some version of Black and White was on the DS. I want my monkey back! I just wish it was a Sim City-like open ended world where you spent the time nurturing your animal, along with your civilization. Then, once the monkey (and it has to be the monkey) is old enough, give me another monkey! I want a whole fleet of monkeys to train to stomp on people!

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 08:56:03 PM »

You do know that Black and White is coming for both the DS and PSP? I'm interested in the DS version myself, if I can ever it back from the wife.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 09:38:49 PM »

Um, I do now? Lemme check out the intronet, time for info!

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 09:52:29 PM »

Holy crap. I just read the brief IGN E3 impressions, and the game sounds exactly like what I'd hope for. The stylus is the hand of God (got the notion from a Kirby review that mentioned you could tap on enemies to stun them), so the DS would be a perfect fit with the (literal) god-game. If Black and White Creatures (the handheld handle) turns out to be a good game, I would buy a DS to play it.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 09:09:34 AM »

Black and white on the nintendo DS? Wonder how they're going to pull that off as it's like trying to make Quake 3 run on an Atari 2600.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Sterling
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 03:14:45 PM »

N64 power going to a fairly small screen can make some surprisingly good graphics.
Draco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 07:30:09 PM »

I played a very limited demo of Black and White on the DS at E3.  The touchpad functions just like a point and click mouse would. You can ticke or slap your animal, tap the screen to tell it to move to a certain point or focus/pick-up a certain object.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 08:24:28 PM »

Can I train my B&W creature to invade and destroy someone's Nintendog if they're nearby?  Now there's a game!
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 09:31:28 PM »

I work at a restaurant where kids bring their DSes in all the time, and I want to see the monkey fights that the kids will have going on while they eat. I could totally see B&W Creatures being the kind of game that sells the unit to friends of owners. I'm dead serious - if the actual gameplay in the DS version is solid - remove the RTS elements, and just make it an open ended sandbox game a la The Sims or Sim City - it will be the killer app that makes me want the DS.

Geez, I think I'm going to head over to my local Staples and check out the EA bargain bin jewel case rack and grab the original B&W if it's cheap enough. I owned the game when it first came out, and enjoyed the hell out of the first island. I'd pay ten bucks to mess around with the monkey again.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 09:33:39 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
Can I train my B&W creature to invade and destroy someone's Nintendog if they're nearby?  Now there's a game!

LOL!  Destroy a Nintendog?  You sick bastard Tongue

B&W could be cool on the DS...I'm keeping my eye on that one.  Because seriously, I bought B&W the day it came out for PC and it wasn't that bad.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 05:27:40 AM »

I wonder if they ever actually fixed the AI for that game. I would train my monkey for hours and then it would forget everything immediately.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 01:26:52 PM »

I'm still sad that my Creature from Black & White won't be in Black & White II.  frown

Look how cool he is!

-Autistic Angel
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 03:49:51 PM »

I'd say he do a better job then most of the recent Trek Captains (except Sisko of course)
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 07:51:49 PM »

I've actually been looking around for the original Black & White, and it looks like EA has discontinued both the jewel case version and the delux combo pack. I wonder if they're going to rerelease it when B&W 2 looms closer to its own release date.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 09:55:44 PM »

God bless eBay. Nabbed one of the Jewel case copies for 8.50 CDN.

Did anyone play the original? Remember how fun the animals were on their own? I was just watching a few clips on IGN and I was just howling watching the monkey. I might even try coming up with my own sandbox map if I can find the tools and the tutorials online somewhere.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 10:48:27 PM »

Man...a trip down B&W memory lane seems like it would be kind of fun...I think I'll install it!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 07:27:39 PM »

He he, the start of this game was so much fun. My monkey has a real thing for nibbling on villagers, as much as I try to put a stop to it. Plus, he had a strange habbit of tossing them over his shoulder and then farting on them, but I'm trying to curb that one too.

I don't think I spent enough time training my monkey the first time I played the game, because you're really supposed to have your creature as an asset later on - automatically playing the game the way you would - when things get harry, not an insolent child that you still need to train. I don't care if I even make it to the second island, I'm just having fun with my monkey.

And man did I have to beat him last night.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 09:47:11 PM »

I spent a great deal of time training Cheeto in the first two worlds, and he has in turn spent lots and lots of time training Rooster on Creature Isle.  Teaching your Creature all the miracles, when to use them, and when *not* to use them is invaluable in some of the more harried levels of the game.

-Autistic Angel
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 09:59:04 PM »

Fan of the original, AA?

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 02:25:35 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
If Black and White Creatures (the handheld handle) turns out to be a good game, I would buy a DS to play it.

Ditto. I'm a sucker for Moleneux sandboxes.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: