http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 03:23:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I urge you to experience Towerfall's local multiplayer  (Read 162 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »

I haven't done much multiplayer gaming in the last 3-4 years. I've always attributed it to a lack of time - I don't want to schedule gaming sessions and I don't want to spend the time to get good at anything. However, after my session with Towerfall I realized it has a lot to do with the games themselves. My friend wanted to celebrate getting a job at Blizzard by playing some video games together, so I invited him over last weekend with Resogun, Mercenary Kings, Trine 2, and Towerfall Ascension on PS4 as our options (all free PS Plus indie titles!).

Each game is great for local co-op, but Towerfall is by far the most fun. We played for about three hours, going through the coop quest mode and facing each other 1 on 1 in deathmatch. The gameplay is made up of arena based combat that, to me, draws from Super Smash Bros. and PacMan. The action is fast-paced but very strategy oriented, there's a great balance of needing to be nimble with your movement, accurate with your shooting, and intelligent with your approach. It's a very simple game up front but, similar to SSB, gets deeper the more you play it.

With just my friend and I we had a blast with Towerfall, the deathmatch would have been even more fun with 3 or 4 players. It's easily one of the best local multiplayer games I've ever played, partly because it's so easy to pick up and grasp.

The game is out on PS4 and Steam. Find some friends, grab your mom, find a local gaming group, and play this game.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:53:08 PM »

I have it downloaded, but haven't tried it yet.  I don't think I realized there was a co-op mode.  Will have to play with my daughter.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:16:11 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on July 15, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

I have it downloaded, but haven't tried it yet.  I don't think I realized there was a co-op mode.  Will have to play with my daughter.

Yep, the co-op mode was added for the PS4 and PC versions (this originally released on the Ouya).

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 08:31:03 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on July 15, 2014, 08:16:11 PM

Quote from: The Grue on July 15, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

Yep, the co-op mode was added for the PS4 and PC versions (this originally released on the Ouya).

Ah, that must be it.  I only ever knew about it from an Ouya perspective.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: