http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 08:43:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think my DS Lite just bit the dust - UPDATED!  (Read 1154 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2006, 02:46:38 PM »

I opened my Lite today to play a little Brain Age.  I had put it to sleep by closing it and I just clicked on Training.  Well, the unit locked on me.  So, I turned it off and turned it back on and it shows no DS cart is found.  I took it out, reinserted and no go.  I tried another DS cart and get the same thing.  I tried blowing in the slot and trying the games again and nothing.  Also, some GBA carts work and some do not.  I also had one GBA cart be recognized and then freeze the game once it got past the GBA splash screen.  So, it looks like my Lite is screwed.

The problem I have is that it is an import of a Japanese unit and I am not sure if I can easily get it repaired or replaced.  I wrote to National Console Support where I bought it to see if they can do anything or make any suggestions.  I have a sinking feeling I am screwed.  I've only had the unit for a little over a month and have never had any problems with Nintendo hardware in the past.  Sucks to be me.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:50:24 PM »

I was going to write "just take it back to the store, tee hee, waa waa" when I first saw the thread title .... but it's really not that funny. Sucks to hear the unit's crapping out on you. Hope you are able to find a way to fix or replace it - without buying a completely new system.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 02:51:51 PM »

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to get them to replace/repair it.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 02:56:16 PM »

Well, I talked to NCS and they want me ot send the unit back for them to take a look at.  So, I suppose that's positive news.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 03:04:44 PM »

Just noticed something else.  The time on the system is no longer advancing.    Bleh.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »

Have you tried removing the battery for a minute? No idea how hard that might be to do.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 09:54:16 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Have you tried removing the battery for a minute? No idea how hard that might be to do.

I gave htis a try just now and it seems to have fixed the clock problem, but the thing still won't read DS games.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 02:32:36 AM »

Make sure you leave the battery out for literally a minute or so, to make sure any residual power is gone.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 12:19:18 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Make sure you leave the battery out for literally a minute or so, to make sure any residual power is gone.

I assume all residual power was gone since I had to put all the settings back in.  I will give it a try, though.

Edit:

Nope, didn't work. frown  Sending it off today.  Oh, how I will miss it.  Guess no NSMB next week for me. *cry*

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 05:21:25 PM »

Update on this. NCSX got my Lite and Brian Age cart I sent back and thye tried the cart in another DS Lite and the DS Lite broke. So, for some reason my Brian Age cart is shorting DSes. They sent it off to Japan for repair or replacement and they say it will take 10 days for them to get it back.

As far as Brain Age goes, all I did was put the DS in sleep by closing the lid the day before it broke and then when I opened it and hit Training it froze. The only thing I can think is that the cart didn't like that it still thought it was the day before but the DS would have the current date and it freaked out. I would think someone would have run into this before though. Normally I back out from the menu when I see yesterday's date on the Brain Age screen, but that day I forgot to. Anyone else use sleep mode and Brain Age a lot?

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 05:30:32 PM »

/me fears Brain Age....

PSN ID: EduardoX
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 09:42:13 PM »

I finally got my DS Lite back.  Took over a month, due to nobody springing to pay for more than air shipping between the U.S. and Japan and back, but I did finally get one that works.  Navy blue DS Lite goodness is back in my hands and I can work on getting those final coins in NSMB with my pretty screen.  Looks like they replaced it rather than repair it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: