http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 08:53:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I take back all the negative things I said about Elite Beat Agents.  (Read 4674 times)
Fellow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2007, 06:22:08 PM »

I gotta say that the Christmas level caught me by surprise too. Everything up to that point had been all fun happy stuff, and then you're slammed with that.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2007, 05:17:07 PM »

Love this game.  Just beat "Let's Dance" on 2-stars.  I also thought the Christmas level was out of place.  Especially since if you fail one of the stages (or the song) it's almost cruelly heartbreaking.  It made me a little wet-eyed, so I can only imagine what a mess ATB was.

I have to say that my biggest complaint about this game is that I get frustrated and disappointed when I remember that the Elite Beat Agents aren't real and aren't going to show up to help me get through the setbacks in my life with the power of dance.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »

The Christmas level almost made me appreciate that horrible song.  And it almost made me stop playing so I could spend time with my three year old daughter.  Almost.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 09:11:30 PM »

Been playing this after I bought it midweek.  This game is really fun and just oozes style.  I'm having a blast playing it, although I'm really bad at it.  I made it through 1 star and I'm about 1/2 way through 2 star. 

This is a great game.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 12:55:05 PM »

In taking a break from my 2nd favorite DS game of all time to play my #1 of all time.

I'm going through on the 3 star level and I must say the game holds up every bit as much as one could hope.

The scoring at the 3rd tier of difficulty is bananas as you rack up ridiculous scores poste haste.  There are some songs looming in the future that I don't know how I'm going to get past, but I want to build my rank even higher so what must be done must be done.

If you haven't tried it out yet, definitely buy it.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 02:12:17 PM »

Dude, what's with the avatar schizophrenia?  Actually, I was thinking about getting back into EBA also.  It is also my favorite  DS game of all time?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 01:24:06 PM »

Completed it on 3 star this morning.  Guess what- there's a 4 star level! With a new type of EBA agent group!  Time for my 3rd full play through biggrin!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »

Woop woop woop!

Just got Ouendan 2 for my birthday.  Well, it's en route, but I'll have it in the next few weeks.  Hopefully a lone forumer review will be enough to create a forum effect and get more people importing it here. slywink
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 03:58:18 PM »

Anyone wanna buy my copy?  I'm done with it.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2007, 01:12:15 AM »

This was in the new Games For Windows - Osu!, a freeware PC version of Elite Beat Agents.  It's not as fun as the real game, of course, but since EBA 2 is looking like less and less of a possibility, at least it's something.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 04:47:05 AM »

I haven't had the time to do a write-up, but I've been playing the heck out of Ouendan 2 and it's awesome.  At the moment I'd say it's my favorite of the three.  If you're looking for more EBA action, you really should consider one of the Ouendans
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2007, 02:46:55 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on November 15, 2007, 01:12:15 AM

but since EBA 2 is looking like less and less of a possibility,

WHAT!?  Source!?  I hope you are lying and that nothing but lies spill from your lying mouth.   crybaby crybaby crybaby
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »

I don't take back all the negative things I said about this - because I said them at a different message board.  Tongue I had a lot more fun with Jam Sessions on DS (everyone I've ever let play with it fell in love with it), but because it's not a Guitar Hero clone, it found little audience.

I rented Elite Beat, and for me it was way too frustrating to make any sort of progress with. I think it's a clever concept, but that doesn't make it any fun to play when it's so unforgiving in terms of tapping everything with perfect precision.

I'm still grouchy from Hellgate last night btw, so take this with a grain of salt.  disgust

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2007, 08:16:25 PM »

I haven't heard anything about an EBA 2, which I take as a bad sign, especially since the first game didn't meet Nintendo's sales expectations.  I really hope I'm wrong, though.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »

"ABC" has the cutest story ever.  I play through that song, even though I despise it, just to see the kitty and the baby.

I'm still stuck on the last song on the hardest difficulty.  I was stuck on "Ready, Steady, Go" in Ouendan for months, too, and it finally clicked.  The thing I hate about late-game is that you're penalized if you don't get a "GREAT" rating on tapping the notes.  You can FAIL the last song by hitting each note only "GOOD."

TheMissingLink on PSN
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on November 22, 2007, 07:57:00 PM

"ABC" has the cutest story ever.  I play through that song, even though I despise it, just to see the kitty and the baby.

I'm still stuck on the last song on the hardest difficulty.  I was stuck on "Ready, Steady, Go" in Ouendan for months, too, and it finally clicked.  The thing I hate about late-game is that you're penalized if you don't get a "GREAT" rating on tapping the notes.  You can FAIL the last song by hitting each note only "GOOD."

3 star or 4 star?
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »

4 star, c'mon now.

TheMissingLink on PSN
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2009, 09:30:37 AM »

Mega64 did a parody of ELB, and they nailed it:

Via Kotaku because it's really late and I don't feel like going straight to the source...

TheMissingLink on PSN
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 03:43:21 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on February 18, 2009, 09:30:37 AM

Solid. It's about 30 secs too long. Nice though.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2009, 04:02:53 PM »

I thought that was great.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: