http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Played HALO 2 for an Hour in Multiplayer (No Spoilers)  (Read 1073 times)
UConnBBall
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2004, 05:13:49 AM »

A student came and gave away a secret that his roommate who works for Video Rental Company has a copy of HALO 2. In my excitement, I ran over and "bonded" with my residences. I was able to play 4v4 for an hour.

Prior to Playing Fears:
Increased Speed of Game:  The BUNGIE.NET video of multiplayer action scared me about the speed of the game. It seemed that a maybe it was too fast for consol. My fears were alleviated by the pace of the games I played so far. The speed was not much greater than HALO.

Dual Weilding too powerful:  The ability to dual wield is limited to only when you picking up a weapon can you choose to dual wield. You cannot switch to other weapons, without losing the ability to dual wield, you cannot throw grenades, and you cannot melee.

The Sword being to powerful: You can only one hit kill if you hit them in the face, and not the body. It was a viable weapon but you do not want to charge someone that is dual wielding. In my mind I, though people could run around taking damage and just cut people in two, and that is not going to happen.

No Body Health: The Shield Only option does not seem to make deaths happen faster in multiplayer. I was afraid that death would be a dime a dozen, but it appears that it is the opposite. The shield regenerates as fast as in HALO, but it seems to be the strength of the shield and the body health combined.

Surprises I was not ready for:

Grenades are less powerful. I loved the fact that grenades were actually useful in HALO and now than seem less effective.

Shotgun: OK it is much more powerful now. It seems the one shot kill range has increased by at least 50%.

Ghosts: It is more than double the firepower, and seems to be very good option to use.

Turrets: The player turrets on the various maps are extremely powerful and effective at long range. Was neat to get to one and just pick people off easily.

Maps: They are HUGE, and I like it!

HALO 2 seems that it has taken a lesson from Unreal Tournament and added several UT elements that make death match much more fun.

I am leaving with my wife on a three day weekend (ending on Monday) so I got a taste of the good that is waiting for me when I get home. I cannot wait.

-UConn

-UConn

-----------------------------------------------
Discover the fun in life, because the rest discovers itself.
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 07:41:01 PM »

Are vehicles, like the warthog and tank, destructable now?  As in, can they blow up when they take enough damage?

Oh and if this is so, did they remove the stupid system where vehicle damage is transferred to its riders?
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 04:02:05 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
Are vehicles, like the warthog and tank, destructable now?  As in, can they blow up when they take enough damage?

Oh and if this is so, did they remove the stupid system where vehicle damage is transferred to its riders?

The vehicles are completely destructable.  I don't know on the other question you asked about because I Was just playing multiplayer by myself and didn't get a chance to check it out.  I had  a blast trying to launch a warthog as high as I could.  It's so awesome seeing the tires fly off as well.  

Can't wait for the real version ! smile

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 06:36:01 AM »

Does anyone know if there will be bots included for the multilayer over a LAN?  If I have 2 friends over can we add 7 bots to the game to get 10 total players.   That would be very cool.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »

Unfortunately there are no bots in the game.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 04:56:49 PM »

Quote from: "Elenkis"
Unfortunately there are no bots in the game.

Well I'm not buying it then

Just Kidding  :lol:    It would have been nice though.  That was my main complaint about Halo multiplayer.  Oh Well.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: