http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 06:27:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I played Final Fantasy X-2 - where are my testicles?  (Read 3167 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2005, 01:05:04 PM »

Okay I've been a big Final Fantasy fan since forever.  I've played all of them except for the online one.  Loved them.  I never played X-2 because the reviews were mixed but I found it for $10 at an EBgames sale so I snapped it up and played a little last night.

I felt myself cringing.  Cringing at a Final Fantasy game!  The opening concert was horrible!  The "girly" exclamations from Rikku were silly.  And I can't deal with changing dresses in combat.

What were they thinking?  Has the Final Fantasy demographic somehow shifted to only 14 year-old girls without me being informed?

I had to play Final Fantasy VI for a bit just to cleanse myself.  Now has anybody seen my testicles?
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 01:47:52 PM »

i don't know, i  really didn't have a problem with x-2 (aka final fantasy: powerpuff girls), & ended up enjoying it more than i thought i would. square was pretty clear from the start that it would be, well, 'different', &, as much as ff:ix was a nod to the past, i just took x-2 as something of a self-satire / social satire & just went along with it. i never saw it as a trashing of all that was good about x - more like a invitation to lighten up & take things (like gaming) less seriously?...

then again, maybe already being a puffy amiyumi fan at the time kinda helped as well smile ...

anyway, if i see your testicles anywhere, i'll post here...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 01:52:01 PM »

Heh, that subject line gave me a chuckle.  I felt exactly the same way about FF X-2.  I picked it up on release after reading the reviews talk about how great the battle system was and how it really expanded some of the characters.  Put in about 4 hours before I lost the ability to stomach the giggling schoolgirl/Barbie/Charlies Angels feel of the whole thing.  About the time Yuna got to her second Britney Spears-ish song and dance number, I shelved it in complete disgust.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 05:28:08 PM »

Final Fantasy died at number 8 (USA). Final Fantasy 9 was the  a glimmering hope of FF recovering fromt he FF8 blunder, but then part 10 came out and that was it...

Final Fantasy died.

My favorite game franchise dead. I mean I bought consoles specifically for FF games. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Sigh*  

Why did FF8 have to come out? WHY!?

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 06:27:25 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
About the time Yuna got to her second Britney Spears-ish song and dance number, I shelved it in complete disgust.

There's another one?  Good Lord.   :shock:

That's all I need to hear.  I'm putting my copy up for grabs in the Pay It Forward Freebies thread.

Quote from: "semiconscious"
anyway, if i see your testicles anywhere, i'll post here...

Thanks.  I'm really missing the boys.  If they ever come back I promise I'll never mistreat them this way again.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 07:22:04 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
Final Fantasy died at number 8 (USA). Final Fantasy 9 was the  a glimmering hope of FF recovering fromt he FF8 blunder, but then part 10 came out and that was it...

Final Fantasy died.

My favorite game franchise dead. I mean I bought consoles specifically for FF games. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Sigh*  

Why did FF8 have to come out? WHY!?
What an ignorant post.

The only 'death of the series' argument I'll accept for Final Fantasy is 7, because 7 turned the series into cinematic-o-rama.  And that's clearly a matter of opinion/preference.  I liked pre-7 Final Fantasy about as much as I liked post-7 Final Fantasy.

FF8's great.  FF9's good but ultra-hackneyed: you can tell Square chickened out about doing new things with the series based on comments like the above.  FF10's fantastic, especially in its mechanics.  Its characters and setting are kind of eh -- but it's no worse than FF9.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 08:05:14 PM »

For the record, I've enjoyed FF2 and FF3 more than any of the PSX/PS2 offerings, but I've found them all to be somewhat faithful to the FF franchise.  I haven't had to dive into them all, that's all.

I owned FFX-2 the day it came out...played about 14 hours of it, but I found it to be a rehash of FFX, so it felt kind of bland.  I haven't touched that game or FFX in quite awhile, so maybe a look back at FFX-2 would be enjoyable.  I sure as hell liked the battle mechanics in FFX-2 more than FFX.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 08:07:50 PM »

I was curious how someone could say FF10 was what killed the series.

Anyways, I'm in the, 'saw it for $15, gave it a try, gave up after four hours' camp. God, I wanted to go kill puppies after being suibjected to that.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 08:14:41 PM »

I agree a lot with LE.  I've played most of the FFs in the last year and they really aren't as different as many think.  Especially between FF6 and FF7, the traditional series dividing line to most.  FF6 clearly has all of FF7s cinematic ambitions but is held back by the graphics engine and storage medium of the time.  Consequently most of the storytelling in FF6 is in-engine (though not interactive) which I think is more palatable to some people.

FF8 is actually pretty ambitious and while I think its great overall its got some pretty notable flaws.  The junction system is a pretty fascinating and original system that ultimately kind of collapses under its own weight, especially in the late game where junctioning spells and transferring skills from character to character depending on party makeup becomes too cumbersome (even with the American version having a transfer-skills option the Japanese version was lacking).  The final dungeon is also pretty awful- a haunted castle????  WTF?  Also, there is a step change in difficulty in the final area (rather traditional for FFs) but its frustrating because once you're in the area you can't go back and spend more time doing sidequests to level up.   Ultimately still worth it for the stellar ending.  I'd personally recommend just playing through the finale to the outer-space portion at the end of Disk 3 (highpoint of the game IMO) and then just downloading the ending.  FF8 also has some absolutely stellar setpiece scenes early in the game and one of the series' best music pieces in Liberti Fati.  

FFX is almost perfect IMO, a lot of which is due to the mechanics as LE mentioned.  The whole game comes across as being extremely "fair" to the player- pure turnbased battles, you can switch characters on the fly with no penalty, very easy to quickly see an enemy's strength and weaknesses, save points are plentiful and fully restore the party's HP and MP.  It really makes the whole thing a pleasure to play.  I also think the world design is pretty fascinating.  It doesn't appeal to me on the same level as FF7's Midgar and surrounding areas but its very well developed and I think FFX tells a more personal story than previous entries.  Less dependent on out of left field plot twists and more focused on one long journey with an increasing feeling of inevitability and sadness as it progresses.  The only downside of FFX to me is that it is a bit more linear than previous entries but non-linearity was never the series' hallmark and it doesn't really bother me.  FFX also probably has my favorite cast of characters in a FF game- not only for their in-game personalities but even in battle each one has something unique they bring to the table that gives a lot of flexitibility in combat.

I haven't played as much as FFX-2 as I would like but I've always felt that its far less accessible to Western audiences in design than the rest of the series.  The costume changes, J-Pop focus, girl power, were all much more paltable and appealing to Japanese audiences than American and, indeed, the game sold far better over there.  It was truly an experiment- a way to leverage the engine and art assets from FFX to bring some money into a company almost crippled after the release of the FF movie.  I respect it more than I like it if for no other reason than it would actually have been easier to make a straight up FFX sequel with all of th same mechanics in place.  I'd probably be harder on the game if it had been billed as a proper series entry (ie FFXII or somesuch) but I think it was pretty clearly a sideproject.  Its worth noting that FFIX was also conceived of as being a FF sideproject (or FF Gaiden) before they decided to make it a part of the main series.  Again, since FFIX was effectively a love letter to FF1-6 it was throught that it might be less appealing to the crowd who so loved FF7 and FF8.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 08:19:18 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Again, since FFIX was effectively a love letter to FF1-6...

Oooh I like hearing that.  That's definitely my next FF of focus.

TheMissingLink on PSN
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 08:34:38 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
For the record, I've enjoyed FF2 and FF3 more than any of the PSX/PS2 offerings, but I've found them all to be somewhat faithful to the FF franchise.  I haven't had to dive into them all, that's all.

I owned FFX-2 the day it came out...played about 14 hours of it, but I found it to be a rehash of FFX, so it felt kind of bland.  I haven't touched that game or FFX in quite awhile, so maybe a look back at FFX-2 would be enjoyable.  I sure as hell liked the battle mechanics in FFX-2 more than FFX.
By FF2 and FF3, do you mean the USA designations or the Japanese designations?

FF2 in the US = FF4 in Japan
FF3 in the US = FF6 in Japan

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2005, 08:37:09 PM »

I get so confused if I try to remember what's what, so I just go n00b American-style.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 08:53:05 PM »

I get so confused if I try to remember what's what, so I just go n00b American-style.

I always have to mention, "FFVI is FF3 in the U.S. and FFIV is FF2 in the U.S." to him whenever we bring this up   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 09:03:16 PM »

Its worth noting that FFIX was also conceived of as being a FF sideproject (or FF Gaiden) before they decided to make it a part of the main series.  Again, since FFIX was effectively a love letter to FF1-6 it was throught that it might be less appealing to the crowd who so loved FF7 and FF8.
I didn't know that!  I think that explains why I'm not so hot on 9 as compared to other Final Fantasies -- I get the feeling the game can't decide whether it wants to be a graphical update to FF4/FF6, a totally new story with tongue-in-cheek references to the old games, or an amalgamation of FF1-FF6's storylines and mechanics with a couple innovations (all equipment teach skills, the obnoxious card game) thrown on top for good measure.

SPOILERS

I think that the game was orginally intended as a 'Gaiden' is pretty clearly evidenced in the abrupt and disheartening changes that occur to the characters and storyline at the end of Disc 2.  Kuja seems super tacked-on, both in his actual place in the story and in his character design -- consider, the characters in FF9 are all highly stylized to the extent of their 'physical appearance' standing for who they are as a character.  Brahne is fat and hideously ugly.  Garnet is gorgeous and, more importantly, looks nothing like Brahne.  Quina is rotund and clownlike.  Steiner creaks and clanks whenever he moves onscreen.  Vivi is small and faceless.  You never see Amarant's eyes.  Etc, etc, etc.

Kuja's design is clearly different than the other characters'.  He's a skinny, long-haired effeminate male who wears a thong/skirt and a flowing mantle, meaning, he's practically naked.  He's nowhere close to being as archetypal and visually characterized as, well, literally any other character in the game.  Visually, he's only evil in his gender-bendingly poor choice of clothing and hair style.

And if Kuja isn't bad enough, then the whole Garland / Terra mess is just humiliatingly bad.  They seem like an afterthought to lend some epic feel to the game:  Oh, PS Zidane, you're genetically engineered.  Oh, PS audience, here's a Frakenstein moment where the creation kills his creator.  Oh yeah, Kuja learned Trance, which was never that 'wow' in the first place, and he destroyed Terra, which you were in for about an hour and thus didn't give two licks about, and now he's going to destroy your planet too, I'd imagine.  You can stop him if you want.

It's like the game up to Disc 2 (and possibly the mini-games too) was the Gaiden, the side-story.  Then Square said, fuck it, let's make it Final Fantasy 9.  So they went back and injected Kuja in.  Then they wrote Disc 3 to explain Kuja, except in explaining Kuja, they totally forgot to keep the other characters fleshed out, or keep the story sensible at all.  So they realize this and say, crap, it's already three Discs long, let's end it before it gets out of hand, and make Disc 4 the final encounter/ending(s).

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
WestNile
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 05:47:52 AM »

I know how you feel.  This game felt more like TRL than FF.

Yuna isn't Yuna.  Not a terrible thing, because before this game, Yuna was a girl that whispered cheesey, misplaced lines.  Now she is an attention whore, pop-star?  Sure thing?

Whoever came up with Rikku should be shot.  'Nough said.

The quick upskirts and such at the begining hinted to me that this was going to be a ridiculous experience.

This game ruined console RPGs for me.  I haven't played another since.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 08:56:45 AM »

Quote from: "WestNile"

Go play Shadow Hearts: Covenant.  I know a couple of people with an excellent taste in RPGs (my brother and a certain Lord) who love it.  Well, I think LE loves it.  Anyway, I watched my brother play a bit of it and I think that SH:C would rekindle that old flame.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 09:19:23 AM »

Go play Shadow Hearts: Covenant.  I know a couple of people with an excellent taste in RPGs (my brother and a certain Lord) who love it.  Well, I think LE loves it.  Anyway, I watched my brother play a bit of it and I think that SH:C would rekindle that old flame.

Yep, Shadow Hearts Covenant is a great game - I would highly recommend it.  Though, I'm pretty sure LE's thoughts on it was it got . . . what's the word . . . maybe silly?  Or had an identity crisis of sorts when Joachim was introduced into the story.  Anyways, something along those lines.

That being said, there are a boatload of people's opinions I trust when it comes to RPGs on this board, like Kevin Grey, EddieA, LE, semi-c., TML (when it comes to SRPGs, hehe), and a whole lot more.  I definately think Console Gold staff/forum members do know their RPGs   biggrin

And, I know it is weird being a huge RPG fan and the sort, but I've only played about 2-3 hours of FFX a long time ago and none of FFX-2 - just watched TML play that when he bought it.  I know, it's pretty blasphemous of me to say that   :lol:   I really should play those this summer . . .

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »

Whoopsies!

Still, a lot of people like SH:C biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 09:46:46 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
Yep, Shadow Hearts Covenant is a great game - I would highly recommend it. Though, I'm pretty sure LE's thoughts on it was it got . . . what's the word . . . maybe silly? Or had an identity crisis of sorts when Joachim was introduced into the story. Anyways, something along those lines.

IIRC, Gratch really loved it.  Judging by how much I'm enjoying the first Shadow Hearts (which I'll finish Monday) I have no doubt I'll love SH:C too.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 10:01:16 AM »

I'm having great fun with X-2.  It's cheesy, but it's also a lot of fun.  I really like job-based battle systems, and being able to change jobs mid-battle makes for a lot of variety in battle, something not even FFX managed to do.  I also like the minigames and the variety of things to do, and there's a ton of stuff to do.  I'm over 50 hours already and still in chapter 2 (of 5).  I love FFX, and it's still my all-time favorite RPG, but I'm enjoying FFX-2 for what it is.

"Now she is an attention whore, pop-star? Sure thing?"
Not to nitpick slywink, but that isn't Yuna singing at the beginning - it's Leblanc.  So far, the only thing Yuna has done is dance and sing a little, and she was prompted to do that.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 12:20:01 PM »

I don't get the praise for FFX, I played it through, and finished it because it was a FF game, but god I hated it.  It felt like an interactive movie with no exploration, not an FF game.  Maybe as I age my tastes have changed, but given my utter dislike of FFX, there was no way I was going to try FFX-2.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 12:36:23 PM »

Quote from: "depward"
Yep, Shadow Hearts Covenant is a great game - I would highly recommend it. Though, I'm pretty sure LE's thoughts on it was it got . . . what's the word . . . maybe silly? Or had an identity crisis of sorts when Joachim was introduced into the story. Anyways, something along those lines.

IIRC, Gratch really loved it.  Judging by how much I'm enjoying the first Shadow Hearts (which I'll finish Monday) I have no doubt I'll love SH:C too.

That I did.  SH:  C is easily my favorite next gen RPG.  Honestly, I thought everything about that game was as close to perfect as you can get.  Great combat system, fantastic story, memorable characters, excellent soundtrack, perfect voice work, etc., etc.  Someone in another thread mentioned that SH:  C was one of the few games that they really felt emotionally attached to the characters, and I agree.  It sounds strange, but I was actually sad when the game ended simply because I was leaving such a fantastic group of characters.  I can count the number of games that elicit that type of reaction with me on 4 fingers (FFVII, Xenosaga, Beyond Good & Evil, & SH:  C).

Oddly enough, I picked up the first SH game completely on a whim, only because I knew Mitsuda had a hand in the music.  Wasn't expecting much, and the game just floored me.  I can't recommend the SH series highly enough.  If you're an RPG fan, you owe it to yourself to play them.

There, is that a glowing enough endorsement?  slywink

unbreakable
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 02:11:36 PM »

Ive never understood the hate some people have for FF8; that was one of the few games which actually made me wake up just to play it.  But I agree, the junction system was pretty annoying, but I found battles pretty easy and mainly stuck with physical attacks.

For some reason, I couldnt get into FF9.  I still have my save game, so I do plan on revisiting it, but I dont feel compelled to do so.  Some day the completionist in me will probably win out.

FF7 really does deserve it's rep as one of the most groundbreaking console RPGs ever.  I remember all the hype surrounding it around the release, and I was thinking "amazing, people are this pumped for an RPG game!!"  Prior to that, RPGs were really a niche genre.

I still havent played any PS2 RPGs, since I'll likely wait for the PS3.  But I still havent even cleared the PS RPG backlog, so maybe the wait is for the best.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 02:27:05 PM »

I've pretty much enjoyed every single Final Fantasy, with the exception of FFX2.

And yes, for me, FF7 is the tops, mainly because it was the first console RPG, not to mention the first Final Fantasy in the series, that I played. This is a game that caused me to skip school for almost a week straight.  :twisted:

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 04:23:35 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Ive never understood the hate some people have for FF8; that was one of the few games which actually made me wake up just to play it.  But I agree, the junction system was pretty annoying, but I found battles pretty easy and mainly stuck with physical attacks.

The main problem with FF8 wasn't the junction system, it was the draw system.  Having to continually draw spells from enemies was possibly the most annoying gameplay mechanic I've ever run across, and untimately killed my interest in the game.  I managed to get through about 35 hours, but I just could take any more 15-20 minute battles simply because I needed to draw more spells.  The other main problem with FF8 was that for most of the game, Squall was a completely uninteresting and unlikeable main character.  His only motivations seemed to either be apathy or just plain rudeness, which made me really dislike him.  

That being said, FF8 does have possibly the best soundtrack of any FF game.  'Liberi Fatali' is really an incredible piece.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2005, 05:12:15 PM »

The main problem with FF8 wasn't the junction system, it was the draw system.  Having to continually draw spells from enemies was possibly the most annoying gameplay mechanic I've ever run across, and untimately killed my interest in the game.

amen...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2005, 06:18:44 PM »

Heh, I don't love Covenant, but I'll certainly recommend it.  It's clearly a good game, it just didn't click with me for some reason.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2005, 06:52:30 PM »

"The other main problem with FF8 was that for most of the game, Squall was a completely uninteresting and unlikeable main character. His only motivations seemed to either be apathy or just plain rudeness, which made me really dislike him."
That was the main reason I liked it smile  I really enjoyed watching Squall start out as an uncaring jerk, learn the reasons behind his feelings, and finally coming to terms with them.  FF8 was definitely flawed, but I enjoyed its more realistic look and more mature storyline and characters.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2005, 08:59:07 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

Heh, I don't love Covenant, but I'll certainly recommend it.  It's clearly a good game, it just didn't click with me for some reason.

same here - i really wanted to like it (& i finished it), but (like gow?), despite the excellent (if a bit easy) gameplay, for me, story/character -wise, it was all frosting, no cake. i just didn't care about anyone (& let's not even mention the, uh, so-called 'humor')...

unbreakable
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2005, 09:57:10 PM »

The main problem with FF8 wasn't the junction system, it was the draw system.  Having to continually draw spells from enemies was possibly the most annoying gameplay mechanic I've ever run across, and untimately killed my interest in the game.  I managed to get through about 35 hours, but I just could take any more 15-20 minute battles simply because I needed to draw more spells.  

That was actually what I was refering to, it's been a while and I got my terminology mixed up.  Having to take spells from mobs was really annoying; I generally just stocked up all my characters, and would never actually use the spells.

In hindsight, however, you would probably be much better off just buying  whatever spells you need, or converting them from other items.   FF8 was like a lot of games, where after you achieve a certain amount of power money becomes worthless since it is so plentiful and there isnt anything worth spending it on.

I forgot how it worked exactly, but there was a way to make infinite amounts of money later on by item creation, so if there was anything you actually needed money for (which I dont believe there was), you had that going for you.  If I recall, there was some way to make tents from healing potions or something, it would net you a huge profit if you can put up with all the clicking.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 12:27:14 AM »

FF8's great

What an ignorant post.

If you can call my OPINION ignorant than I certainly can do the same.

FF8 was a horrible mess. Every character could be any class they wanted to be. Where is the fun in that?

Character1: "Hey look I can summon Leviathan!"

Character2: "Hey guess what? So can I!"

Let us not forget that summoning in FF8 was an excercise in extreme patience. You could not skip the summoning animations, so when you did summon you'd best have a book handy because it'll be awhile before you can actually interact with the game.  That was my main problem with the game. Battles shouldn't last 6 minutes when you're not fighting a boss.

The music, soundFX, animations and graphics (for its time), and character designs were awesome. I really LOVED all of that. However, making me sit through summoning animations (let us be honest here, summoning was a HUGE part of battle) drove me insane. The lack of any defined character types really upset me too. When everyone can do anything then no one is special or unique in your party. Of course, I gave up after around 22 hours, so perhaps that changes later on, though I'd guess no it does not.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 01:03:08 AM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
You could not skip the summoning animations, so when you did summon you'd best have a book handy because it'll be awhile before you can actually interact with the game. That was my main problem with the game.

I was very happy that they have shortened Summoning animations in FFX (is this in FFIX?).  The summons in FFVIII would have grated on me except for one thing- the boost option made them at least somewhat interactive so I had something to do during them.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2005, 01:23:09 AM »

Both 9, X, and X-2 allow you to shorten the summoning animations.  Sitting through them was a pain in FF8 - I can't believe there weren't enough complaints about the Japanese version for them to allow shortened ones in the US version.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2005, 01:28:35 AM »

I can't believe there weren't enough complaints about the Japanese version for them to allow shortened ones in the US version

Ditto.

[/quote]

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2005, 02:31:22 AM »

I can't believe we have a two page thread on warning's missing balls, and no one has reported this to Lost & Found. Oddly enough, I'm reminded of the following quote from Addams Family Values:

Gomez, looking at his new baby: "Look! He has my father's eyes!"
Morticia: "Gomez, take those out of his mouth."

biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: