http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 07:10:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I picked up ANOTHER great oldie...  (Read 670 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2006, 06:44:13 AM »

Well, it`s not OLD, OLD, but about a year I think...

Mercenaries is fantastic! This game is crazy long first of all, and it`s seems to be fun the whole way through too! The graphics and sound are good enough, but the real meat here is obviously the gameplay. Holy hell is it fun! I grabbed this for $30 last week. So are the different characters that much different? Just curious. I`m so loving this so far though, great game!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 06:58:43 AM »

C'mon you can't just leave it at that! All that praise but you dont really tell us anything about it!
I saw it a couple times on the shelves and it sounds interesting but is it worth it? Are you a lone soldier "you against the world" type or is it more realistic where you get some AI buddies to back you up?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:47:27 AM »

More you against the world, but there's plenty of opportunity to pickup NPC allies to help you.  Mostly they're just cannon fodder.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 04:40:59 PM »

Kind of like GTA in the Army.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 06:46:45 PM »

At some point I got frustrated and traded it away and I now regret it. I would very much like to play it again> i wonder where I can get it cheap.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 07:27:49 PM »

I'm going to start playing this one again...but it's so repetitive. It's more of a play for a while, then put it away (in this case for 9 months).  I was 3/4 of the way through the 2nd deck when I lost steam...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: