http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 11:57:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I officially hate Fire Emblem  (Read 968 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2005, 12:53:21 AM »

What the f&%ck is up with this game?  Is it really that hard to save at some reasonable time?  

What good is a save system that saves *after* each move?  So if a move goes bad, well obviously you want it saved!  

How about a save after each player round?  Nah, that would be silly.

So after playing the first 15 chapters fine I am now in a stretch where I have to play each map 7 or 8 times to come out all alive.  Now this isn't becuase of particular bad strategy on my part most of the time.  It is most often becuase of a "critical" by the enemy.  So my full health guy, who would normally take 5-10 damage is suddenly dead.  Gee that is fun.  

Really this system just sucks the fun out of the game like the huge Vac-u-suck at the end of Spaceballs.

Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 01:08:24 AM »

I really like this game, but it is so difficult that I still have not finished it, and I bought it on release week.  The perma death hurts, but wow do those later levels get insanely difficult!

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 01:24:57 AM »

And they really could have kept the difficulty without the fustration.

Allow for resurection at a cost, or only allow 2 saves per battle, or something.

I don't mind losing becuase of lack of strategy on my part, but the cheap criticals which sometimes totally ruin the battle are just maddening.  It is so annoying to play a great game in terms of strategy but lose becuase Eliwood gets killed by a critical!

Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 02:02:08 AM »

Just echoing the same feelings here. I think I was just a handfull of missions to the end and ended up shelving it. I loved the game but damn it got difficult in the end especially with no user created saves.

My suggestion for each mission after the prologue is do a runthrough first. Don't focus on completing it but rather see what happens when ten turns happens or you explore a part of the map. It also seemed like money was tight at the start. Save it till you start getting heavy into the cult missions.
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 10:46:56 PM »

ROFL. You know what is sad you guys? This game is one of the easiest in the series.

I didn't mind the save system.  I thought it was pretty cool, actually.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 11:56:06 PM »

Quote from: "Belgedin"
ROFL. You know what is sad you guys? This game is one of the easiest in the series.

Well some people like having their nipples clipped with clothespins....so there isn't much suffering that someone doesn't like.

For me I like it easy.  I know that is what I like so I look for games that meet that criteria and this isn't one of them.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 06:05:55 AM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
Quote from: "Belgedin"

Well some people like having their nipples clipped with clothespins....so there isn't much suffering that someone doesn't like.

For me I like it easy.  I know that is what I like so I look for games that meet that criteria and this isn't one of them.

Lol to that last comment about the nipples! I laughed really hard when I read that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: