http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 05:16:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I miss my GBA  (Read 1247 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2005, 09:36:39 PM »

Well I supose since it is just sitting there I shouldn't say I miss it but I do miss having anything to play on it.  

I cannot believe what a drought my little GBA is facing.  

Sure there are some kids games, platform games, and some videos but as a person who loves RPGs and strategy games I am pretty much forced to shelve my GBA until (fingers crossed) that X-com type "Rebelstar"

Not to change the subject in my own post but is it just me or is Nintendo just pissing away their consoles?  No Cube games this month, little on the horizon for the DS and the above mentioned scarcity of GBA stuff.  

What is going on?  

It is like the announced the new Zelda game and like the groundhog went back into their hole.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:48:49 PM »

we could go on all day about this, they definately made a bad decision not getting more games to cover the dry spells. It's really the main thing that bugs me about them. There are about 20 to 25 games that have never been localized for the states by Nintendo and a few 3rd parties that would have moderate success over here and could be used to plug in the slow times yet they refuse to bring them stateside.

I'm okay with the Ds because Polarium hits this week and Pac Pix hits next week, and in May there's possibly Egg Heroes, NFSU and Gundam. All which look like real solid games.

Then things get normal in June. It still sucks arse and it makes you wonder how Nintendo will revolutionze gaming with barely any games...

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:56:53 PM »

Nintendo can call DS their third pillar all they want but the fact remains that almost every major GBA franchise has shifted to the DS.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 11:07:29 PM »

Most sites and magazines will tell you the GBA died, (not failed, but stopped getting games), for all intents and purposes, with Minish Cap.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 01:17:45 AM »

There are two RPGs on the horizon - Riviera from Atlus, and Sigma Star Saga (a combination side-scrolling space shooter/RPG!) from Namco, set for release in June and July, respectively.  There's also Pokemon Emerald at the end of this month.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 01:12:07 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
There are two RPGs on the horizon - Riviera from Atlus, and Sigma Star Saga (a combination side-scrolling space shooter/RPG!) from Namco, set for release in June and July, respectively.  There's also Pokemon Emerald at the end of this month.

I must admit I have never played any of hte Pokemon games..and I don't know if I am desprite enough to do so yet.

infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 02:51:15 PM »

34 here, played the Pokemon games. smile  Once you get past the 'cutesy' feel, they are very deep and will give you LOTS of gametime. They are pretty large games.

I bought my GBA specifically for RPG's after playing Golden Sun, I've been pretty bummed out that they never really released enough. I've found other games I liked, but not like RPG's.

Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 02:56:42 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
I must admit I have never played any of hte Pokemon games..and I don't know if I am desprite enough to do so yet.

I was in that boat last year when FireRed/LeafGreen came out.  There was no way I was going to play those kiddie games.

Then I tried out the demo unit at Target.  A few days later I bought FireRed and my coworker bought LeafGreen.  We're both 38.  He plays with his kids.  I share the cart with my 5 year old and we play, discuss strategy, etc.  Pokemon may have a kiddie image, but it's still a fun game.  It's a nice change of pace to play in a world which is not threatened by destruction unless the Chosen One overcomes his tragic past to save it.  I think I've put more time into Pokemon FireRed than any other game in the last year.

If you have the opportunity, try it.  You might like it too.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 05:30:45 PM »

Quote from: "Qbe"

If you have the opportunity, try it.  You might like it too.

I don't know that I will have much choice.  I love playing my GBA in the car (wife driving, me playing) so I will have to try something to play.

The only think about the Pokemon games is that I have the impression they don't have much of a story at all.  It is just collecting and battling.  Fine as far as it goes but I do like a story.

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 07:06:30 PM »

Isn't a new Fire Emblem game coming out next month? That should keep any GBA busy for a while.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 07:11:29 PM »

I forgot about that one.  Fire Emblem : The Sacred Stones is due out next month.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 07:50:01 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
Isn't a new Fire Emblem game coming out next month? That should keep any GBA busy for a while.

I was going to mention that in response to Farley's original post and then remembered that he hates the FE games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: