http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 09:02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just pre-ordered my Xbox 360  (Read 1189 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2005, 04:38:56 PM »

Yes, that is right. I just got back from Toys-R-Us. I happened to wander in last night (first time in years) and asked how many they expected to get. I have been trying to decide where I wanted to try and get one on release day. The super helpful employee (no, really he was) talked to his manager and found out that they were starting pre-orders today, but only 8 of them. So I went in and got number 2.

Only bad part of this is the bundles kind of suck. The one I got comes with the premium system, a wired controller and 3 games (Madden, NBA Live and Kameo).

The other bundle was the same but also came with PGR3 and Tony Hawk.

LiveTAG: happydog
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 08:53:11 PM »

Way to go, Happydog!  Sometimes you just luck out... and since it seems that everyone but me loves sports games, and maybe you as well - you should be able to sell those pretty easily.  So, which one did you choose, and did you get the hard drive? I can't keep track of the "names" of these bundles, lol...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 11:05:47 PM »

Grats bro, still no preorder luck here frown
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 03:17:16 AM »

Good work!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 05:31:17 PM »

Those of you still desperate for a guaranteed launch day system....toysrus.com just put up 2 bundles for launch....they are $999.99, but hey at this point, beggers can't be choosers and it's better than the $2000 Omega Bundle that is the only other option at this point! smile

They also say you are saving $60 over if you would have purchased it all seperately.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 06:54:43 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Those of you still desperate for a guaranteed launch day system....toysrus.com just put up 2 bundles for launch....they are $999.99, but hey at this point, beggers can't be choosers and it's better than the $2000 Omega Bundle that is the only other option at this point! smile

They also say you are saving $60 over if you would have purchased it all seperately.

LOL hetz, I am barely going to be able to put together 500 for the system. 1000 is incredibly out of the question smile
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 01:46:26 AM »

Quote from: "happydog"
Yes, that is right. I just got back from Toys-R-Us. I happened to wander in last night (first time in years) and asked how many they expected to get. I have been trying to decide where I wanted to try and get one on release day. The super helpful employee (no, really he was) talked to his manager and found out that they were starting pre-orders today, but only 8 of them. So I went in and got number 2.

Only bad part of this is the bundles kind of suck. The one I got comes with the premium system, a wired controller and 3 games (Madden, NBA Live and Kameo).

The other bundle was the same but also came with PGR3 and Tony Hawk.

Hey happydog you might be in luck if you want to ger rid of nba live I might take it off your hands I was thinking of picking it up no shipping I live in surprise but work in phoenix so I would pay you cash no waiting for payment.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 03:48:19 AM »

Sounds like a deal pingwrx. I haven't decided what I am going to do as far as work goes that week, but I might be taking all that week (except Monday) off so I can get some serious play time in. I am in Glendale so meeting up shouldn't be too hard.

LiveTAG: happydog
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 11:46:14 PM »

Quote from: "happydog"
Sounds like a deal pingwrx. I haven't decided what I am going to do as far as work goes that week, but I might be taking all that week (except Monday) off so I can get some serious play time in. I am in Glendale so meeting up shouldn't be too hard.

Yea should be no problem I work  for Ping on desert cove and 22nd ave so I go past glendale on the way home everyday anyways.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 11:54:56 PM »

I just paid off my order at EB Games.

Plus I found out I was 12th on the list, not 16th. So the store is only getting 12 since they told me I was the last one on the list.

Paid $740 including tax.

Here is what I got

Xbox Premium ( the $400 one )
Wireless adapter ( F***ing $100 )
Extra Wireless Controller
Play and charge kit
Extra battery
PGR 3
Kameo

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 01:54:19 AM »

Here is what I have prerodered:

Xbox 360 Premium
Extra Wireless Controller
Play and Charge Kit
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
DOA 4
NBA Live 06
Amped 3 (this replaced Oblivion and Ghost Recon, since I canceled both of them due to delays)

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 05:38:23 PM »

Anyone know if you can play co-op on Live in Perfect Dark?   I saw a video of two playing coop but don't know if that is only via sys link or on the same box.    I love online coop.  My only real reason for having Live actually.

PDO is looking very good except for the elementary A.I. in all the vids I have seen.  Boy, after FEAR, it looks pretty lame actually.  But I like all the weapons and the who atmosphere of the game and if it has Live coop I will probably be sold.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 10:56:28 PM »

The Wall Street Journal had a short review of PDZ in Friday's paper and I believe it said you can play co-op over Live. Their final verdict for the entire game was "Skip it" though.
Harry F. Ishnuts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 02:07:38 AM »

The Wall Street Journal does video game reviews?

Are they as bad as their right wing editorials?

-HFI-
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 05:13:45 PM »

I don't know that the WSJ is a qualified game review venue... I mean seriously. Next thing you know, a review for a game will come with your happy meal.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: