http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 01:50:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I HATE KAMEO!!!  (Read 2428 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2006, 12:32:15 AM »

Oh it was all fun and games then, right at about the half-way point, it turned into a one trick pony. One trick that sucks!!!

The game morphed into a miniature Monkey Ball/Pool where every 3 minutes you need to roll that stupid ball guy into some other type of ball to get any further.

First you need to beat the sea monster this way, then you need to open blocked doorways like this, then you need to open the well the same way.

I was going to try and finish this game before I moved on to CoD or NFS or Condemned but not any more.

I'm done!

Thanks!  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 01:18:41 AM »

Yeah, the sea monster boss was pretty horrible.  That's what killed the game for me.  My roommate was playing it and got towards the end, but gave up after getting to a part where you have to use Major Ruin's ball mode to knock other balls into a big fan to stop it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 03:05:21 AM »

Heh, are you insinuating that Major Ruin was the major ruin of the game?

Seriously, they did focus on him a lil too much.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 04:32:15 AM »

Maybe it's because I love billiards but I thought he was a blast.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

I had an OK time wtih Kameo.  I was expecting much more and found some moments that were great and others that were just boring or frustrating.  It really just made me look forward to Zelda!

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 05:06:27 AM »

I am enjoying the crap out of it.  I recently unlocked 40 Below and I am just in love with the game.  Sad to hear you guys don't like it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 06:55:12 AM »

Well, I finally loaded up Kameo again and beat the damn thing.  There's a few loose ends, like what is behind the chained up door in the dungeon, what about the seer and who exactly is Farron (the knight who leads the troops)?

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 07:15:14 AM »

I think the biggest problem with the game is that they couldn't decide what they wanted it to be.

First you have a kinda childish fairtale land and some children's book looking characters.

The plot is also pretty simple.

However, then there's bloody fighting, puzzles and controls that are often too difficult for children.  You've got combat awards for killing in a game that seems more about adventuring, along with a bullet time for killing enemies quickly.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 07:16:37 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Well, I finally loaded up Kameo again and beat the damn thing.  There's a few loose ends, like what is behind the chained up door in the dungeon, what about the seer and who exactly is Farron (the knight who leads the troops)?

I wondered some of the same things.  It looks like there could possibly be a sequel though.  Who knows.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 07:28:26 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
I think the biggest problem with the game is that they couldn't decide what they wanted it to be.

First you have a kinda childish fairtale land and some children's book looking characters.

The plot is also pretty simple.

However, then there's bloody fighting, puzzles and controls that are often too difficult for children.  You've got combat awards for killing in a game that seems more about adventuring, along with a bullet time for killing enemies quickly.

Well, they started making it for the Gamecube, but when they switched to the 360 they probably figured it would have a more mature player base, so they ended up with half & half.  :wink:

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 12:23:26 PM »

Kameo has been in the oven for what.. 4 years and 3 redesigns? It was also destined for xbox1.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 07:43:18 PM »

I wonder if it was the dev team or publisher that made that stupid choice.  The Xbox needs kids games, not all of them need be mature titles.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 07:45:02 PM »

Thanks guys!

I really liked it up until now. Sad.  :cry:

I had the same feelings about PoP...so close!

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 10:09:59 PM »

I didn't like Kameo at all either in the end. The gameplay just fell completely flat.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 10:12:18 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
I didn't like Kameo at all either in the end. The gameplay just fell completely flat.

I called it.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 10:49:46 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Quote from: "Calvin"

I called it.
Yes, but you were wrong about the graphics. They look pretty phenomenal.
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 01:55:31 AM »

The sea monster boss totally killed it for me too. Way to playtest it guys!

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 04:31:09 AM »

What's the big deal with that boss? I hear a lot of complaints about that fight but just don't get why. I could see people being bothered by the fact that there's one and pretty much only one way to get though those fights, but I still rather enjoyed them. There's certainly nothing hard about it or I never would have gotten past it.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
What's the big deal with that boss? I hear a lot of complaints about that fight but just don't get why. I could see people being bothered by the fact that there's one and pretty much only one way to get though those fights, but I still rather enjoyed them. There's certainly nothing hard about it or I never would have gotten past it.

I have no idea either. Yes, it required a bit of fighting with the controls, but I beat that boss first try. It wasn't the game ender that it was to quite a few people.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »

If you were brave, you could get at least 2 arms destroyed (and the 3rd badly injured) on the first dive. then hide behind a corner, collect some health, and repeat. Dead in 2 dives.

of course, I didn't kill him in 2 dives the first time around. it was 5 or 6, figuring out what to do.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 02:41:06 PM »

Yeah I totally choked first try, got it in...I think 2 dives on the second.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2006, 04:26:53 PM »

This game still rocks.  I am now on the airships part of the game and I assume close to the end.  I have really enjoyed all the bosses and I love the look and play of the game.  I am sure my only complaint will be that it is too short, though I have put some good time in it and I still can go back and find all the fruits I missed and the crystal eyes and alternate skins I didn't find.  Also, there is the time attack thing and that secret room below one of the huts where I did the troll thing, but I didn't have all the warriors to do the next one.

I mentioned the bosses and I wanted to talk a little more about them.  I turned off the Whatnot hint guy when I started the game.  So, all the bosses I fought and everything I did in the game I did without any hints.  I wonder if the length of the game that some complained about was because they just went ahead and consulted the book at the first sign of trouble.  At any rate, trying to figure out how to kill each boss was fun and I think they were all very unique.  Some bosses I figured out right away and others I had to think about it while avoiding them for a good bit.  One of my favorite ones was the giant robot, because while I figured out his weak spot, it took me a bit to realize what to do after that (which in hindsight was kind of dumb considering it was fairly obvious).  I also enjoyed the ice spider guy a lot.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 11:43:31 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "Misguided"

I have no idea either. Yes, it required a bit of fighting with the controls, but I beat that boss first try. It wasn't the game ender that it was to quite a few people.

mark me down as another that didn't have any trouble with that boss...beat it on my first try without any hints.  it took me a minute to figure out the trick, but i thought the underwater part was pretty easy.  i'll agree that the Deep Blue controls are less than perfect, but i didn't think it was a significant problem...and it definitely didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 12:40:40 PM »

I didn't mind the controls on deep blue so much. They could have been more intuitive, but the only time I found it really annoying was transitioning between walking and swimming.

I really like that the various elemental heroes all have such a different feel to them just moving around.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 01:03:47 AM »

Just to make some of you feel silly, my 7-year-old son just beat the water boss after a few attempts.  I am proud of him. smile

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 01:36:13 AM »

Thanks DJ - Rub it in!
 :wink:

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 04:46:12 AM »

Yeah, the underwater boss was something I'd been dreading, and maybe I focused my concentration to get through it, but it didn't seem so tough to me.  

Interestingly, the strategy guide calls it one of the easiest bosses in the game (don't know that I'd go that far, though).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: