http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 06:28:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got me a Nintendo DS!  (Read 1362 times)
ravenvii
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2005, 09:35:06 PM »

Yeah, yeah, I know what I said in the other thread. Well, I lied.

I got me a Nintendo DS, and two games along with it - Super Mario DS and... *forfeits man card* Nintendogs. I'm a bit worried about Nintendogs personally, I'm not sure if I'll like it. So I got Super Mario DS as a safe bet. I also wanted to get WarioWare Touched, but they're asking $34.99 for it. I'll wait for the price drop, thanks.

I also saw WarioWare Twisted. But I'm unsure if it works in the DS. Does it?

And one question about Nintendogs... Is good speech punctuation required? Do I need to say "chase, sit, etc" clearly? Or can I just make something up that represents those concepts? Why I ask is because I'm deaf, and can't speak for shit. I can say "sit", maybe, and if I name my dog "boo", I'll be fine. But chase or shake is a bit more challenging. Is this a problem? I haven't opened the game yet, so if it is it's going back...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 09:46:02 PM »

Nice dude! Hope you enjoy it, but seriously nintendogs? Remind me to harass you on Gtalk later.
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 10:03:44 PM »

Don't knock it, it's a damn good game, even if it means handing in your man card to play.  :oops:
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 10:18:53 PM »

I cant believe how much money Nintendo is making off Nintendogs.  Welcome to the DS owners club!  It seems like this forum used to be so anti-DS and now there are lots of DS owners.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 11:06:28 PM »

Based on the other thread I'm assuming that this is your first Nintendo portable?  Assuming that's the case then don't forget about the enormous library of GBA greats now available to you and the DS really makes them look and sound fantastic.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 11:07:50 PM »

Twisted works just fine on the DS.  In fact, if you have both Twisted and TOuched in at the same time, you unlock something in one (or both) of them.  I forget what it was because I did it so long ago.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 11:32:07 PM »

Be sure to check out Kirby: Canvas Curse too. Meteos is also much pwnage
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 01:10:27 AM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
Twisted works just fine on the DS.  In fact, if you have both Twisted and TOuched in at the same time, you unlock something in one (or both) of them.  I forget what it was because I did it so long ago.

COOL! Thanks!
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 02:02:32 AM »

Raven as long as you can consistently pronounce whatever sounds you assign the commands and they are different enough from one another you can use what ever noises to represent the commands.

The dog will give you good cluses, Red Question marks means it doesn't understand or that the command isn't the same as before. Blue ? means it sounds like another command, and a Lightbulb shows that they are learning it.

Voice commands are key if you want to do the obedience training and competitions. Otherwise you can have just as much fun playing with the pooch and teaching them agility and disc catching.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 02:03:36 AM »

Congrats on the DS, Raven7.  I think you made the right choice.  It might not be as slick as the SP but you won't be locked out of all the new games which are discussed here.

Now I need to join the DS club!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Yossarian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 03:18:29 AM »

hey I just got a DS too!  Nintendogs is pretty cool.  I got it at Target, they gave me a Target-style wrist strap as a bonus slywink  My dog is currently undergoing training to become a ferocious killer.

Now playing Star Trek Tactical Assault, Poker
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 04:46:15 AM »

In fact, if you have both Twisted and TOuched in at the same time, you unlock something in one (or both) of them.  I forget what it was because I did it so long ago.

You unlocked a pizza delivery music video in Touched.  No joke.  And it rocks. \m/

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2005, 06:42:50 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
In fact, if you have both Twisted and TOuched in at the same time, you unlock something in one (or both) of them.  I forget what it was because I did it so long ago.

You unlocked a pizza delivery music video in Touched.  No joke.  And it rocks. \m/

Lol! Mona Pizza! funny stuff indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: