http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 03:59:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got Kameo today  (Read 1555 times)
Rob_Merritt
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2006, 01:51:04 AM »

Against my better judgement, I got Kameo for my 360. I'm finding the trigger based combat to be somewhat painful. Does anyone know if the difficulty ramps up a lot

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 03:04:28 AM »

Shoulda traded for mine! biggrin

It ramps up to annoying about half way through when it turns into bumper pool!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 03:42:50 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"

It isnt as bad as Devil makes it out to be.

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 04:14:54 AM »

It's a great game from start to finish. Enjoy.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"

It isnt as bad as Devil makes it out to be.

True that!   It's only one boss Devil is referring to not the entire game by any stretch.  The game is a great ride from start to finish.  You will enjoy it and the difficulty does ramp up.  I have had several tough moments including Devils "bumper pool" boss.  It took me 7 tries before I nailed it, but it was fun!!!! biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 05:25:05 PM »

I don't know which boss they are referring to (I'm about 2/3-3/4 of the way thorugh) but the game isn't remotely hard (this coming from a console and platforming n00b. The only spot I found frustrating was navigating along the ice paths in one village.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 05:44:07 PM »

You guys are are far too forgiving.  :wink:

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 10:00:13 PM »

I still maintain it's a mediocre game that essentially has one trick that it plays the entire way through (in different forms). I am glad some people enjoyed it and hopefully maybe I can one day rent it again and find some fun-but for now I would nto reccomend it.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »

I need some help. I'm on the water boss Corallis. I'm told by the book that I need some explosion to get the creature to go into the water. However I can't figure out how to do it. There are some plant bombs sitting around. I tried sing the dragon to blow them up on land but that didn't do anything. I tried pushing them into the water but they just explode on contact and do nothing to the creature. Any Tips?

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 04:29:23 PM »

This is the exactly the kind of thing that some people complain about with Kameo. You can't use multiple approaches to the problem. Try Major Ruin and you'll be fine.

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 04:35:49 PM »

Use Major Ruin's spin attack. It's the one that launches him to whatever direction you're facing. So basically, pick the ramp that's closest to Corallis at the time, change to Major Ruin, pick a bomb that's conveniently located near the ramp (don't bother with the other ones further away), launch yourself at the bomb, while still aiming towards the ramp. The bomb should then fly merrily towards Corallis, and explode on contact.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 08:22:07 PM »

I need some help. I'm on the water boss Corallis. I'm told by the book that I need some explosion to get the creature to go into the water. However I can't figure out how to do it. There are some plant bombs sitting around. I tried sing the dragon to blow them up on land but that didn't do anything. I tried pushing them into the water but they just explode on contact and do nothing to the creature. Any Tips?

Exactly what Fellow said. This was the beginning of the end for me. It becomes the Major Ruin Show now!

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 09:27:26 PM »

Exactly what Fellow said. This was the beginning of the end for me. It becomes the Major Ruin Show now!

Actually after this boss, up until the end of the game you rarely have to use Major Ruin.

As to the comment of Kameo being a one trick pony I just don't see it.  I foudn a lot of variety within the gameplay and had a blast from the beginning to the end.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 01:25:45 AM »

Ark! Rarely!? How about immediately and repeatedly?

The very next level you need to shoot the grenade things out of the flying guys hands and use Major Ruin to guide the dropped grenades to blow up boulders blocking your path (over and over) then before you can jump down the sewer at the end of that level you need to do the same thing to get the boulder off the sewer grate.

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 06:39:10 AM »

Devil, here's a card for a good therapist I know. You need to talk out that unhealthy fixation you've developed on Major Ruin. He's a video game character, man, and he only lives in one game. Nothing more. Let him go, brother, that's all I ask... Open your palms and drop the gamepad and let him go...
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 11:43:06 AM »

The very next level you need to shoot the grenade things out of the flying guys hands and use Major Ruin to guide the dropped grenades to blow up boulders blocking your path (over and over) then before you can jump down the sewer at the end of that level you need to do the same thing to get the boulder off the sewer grate.

Nope, any character can push the grenades in the snow village, even kameo, they roll rather nicely along the ice/snow.  They give you a nice amount of time to do it as well.  So hit em with chilla to get them to drop the explosives then roll them as kameo.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 11:55:31 AM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"
Devil, here's a card for a good therapist I know. You need to talk out that unhealthy fixation you've developed on Major Ruin. He's a video game character, man, and he only lives in one game. Nothing more. Let him go, brother, that's all I ask... Open your palms and drop the gamepad and let him go...

ROFL

Arkon is right, though. In fact, Major wouldn't be close to my first choice for that task. I'd use Deep Blue or Kameo.

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 12:58:59 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"

Nope, any character can push the grenades in the snow village, even kameo, they roll rather nicely along the ice/snow.  They give you a nice amount of time to do it as well.  So hit em with chilla to get them to drop the explosives then roll them as kameo.

Arkon is right Devil.  Anybody can be used to push things.  I used Chilla to push those rock things because he was the biggest and therefore had no problem guiding the rocks.

As a matter of fact, I only use Major Ruin when I need to go up a ramp and fire myself towards a wall (then quickly changing to Chilla to grap the ice wall) for pretty much the rest of the game.

I think you got pretty soured on that water boss part.  Now come on Devil you are starting to sound like our good friend Mr. Hoagiehead who had all that trouble trying to figure out how to pass in a hockey game.  The differences between you and Hoagiehead are starting to blur.  :wink:

XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 01:38:34 PM »

IN! for therapy! OUT! for Kameo!  biggrin

I've already dropped it.

Forget the Major Ruin angle, the fact is that you have to do the same thing over and over no matter who you use. The premise is the same.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 02:18:44 PM »

Forget the Major Ruin angle, the fact is that you have to do the same thing over and over no matter who you use. The premise is the same.

In FNR3, you have to hit people over and over again.  In Half-Life, you have to shoot people over and over again.  All games have repetition.  It's okay for you to just not like it.  However, this excuse is not acceptable. slywink

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 03:25:34 PM »

Forget it guys.  Devil is too cranky today.  :wink:

XM Channel 76
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 06:10:18 PM »

Captain Cranky just feels that there was a lot of game and variety at your disposal and they kinda fell back on doing one thing a bit too much.

I'm sure I'm not the only guy who feels this way but apparently I'm the only idiot in here discussing it with you guys.

Tongue  biggrin

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »

I haven't really added anything constructive to this thread, so here goes.  When I played Kameo, I did indeed use Major Ruin quite a bit.  However, after watching my 7-year-old play, there are lots of places where he is using other warriors to do the stuff I did with Major Ruin and doing it in ways I didn't even think of.  So, I think there is a good deal of flexibility here, though there are indeed parts where you have to definitely use certain characters.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 03:41:43 AM »

I finally got through that. Took four freakin hours. arggghhhhh!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: