http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 04:12:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I finally put my extra XBOX 360 on eBay - and screwed it up!  (Read 1055 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2005, 09:30:42 PM »

I can't believe it!  Well, yes, I can... my mind doesn't work right anymore, and instead of hitting something like Review or whatever, I hit Submit - when I wasn't done making the auction listing.  I was trying to donate 10% of the sale amount to the Muscular Dystrophy Association (the organization that covers my muscle disease), but was half-way through trying to figure it out when I hit Submit.  frown

Does anyone know how to add the "donate to a charity" or "nonprofit" or whatever it is - once you've submitted the listing?  I tried "revise" as soon as I knew I goofed, but couldn't find the donate thing anywhere.  I'd already done the "MissionFish" thing, but still don't know how to get it in once you "submit"...

Sometimes I hate the mental component of my mitochondrial muscle disorder - this is one of those times... grrrr!  :evil:

Help!  :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 09:34:34 PM »

Can you cancel the auction and resubmit it?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 09:39:35 PM »

Not sure what you can do with your auction but I can relate to having brain-farts.
Im a hemophiliac that contracted Hepititis C........I get some days where I can barely remember my name...
Thank God I haven't called my wife another name.........Yet... :wink:

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 09:40:27 PM »

Or you can just take 10% of what you get and donate through their website (assuming they have such an option).
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 09:56:35 PM »

Yeah, I decided I'm going to let it go, since I've been trying to get this thing going for days.  And I don't know how to cancel it either, and although I could probably find out, I have company coming soon and need a nap first!

If anyone wants to, could you check the listing - I can't even find it with a search, there are so many of them!  It's item number 8237370183...  See if what I said at the very bottom sounds legit,  honest, etc.  - I know I'm honest, but if you were the average eBayer, would you think so?

Geeze, I hate being an idiot - since the one thing I can still remember is that I didn't used to be... um, I think!  :roll:

PS, thanks Arclight for the commiseration!  And keep calling her "Dear" or "Honey" lol... :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 10:24:57 PM »

The auction looked fine to me.  I was initially confused by the "1 lot available (2 items each)" line by quantity, but you did a good job explaining it.  You mentioned raising money for MD but didn't say how much you were donating.  Honstly (not to sound harsh), I don't think people really care one way or another, they just want the 360!

$1259.99. :shock: Good luck!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 10:37:09 PM »

Crap!  It's in the title, but I must've left it out of the description - it's 10% of the final sale price.  And the BIN price was only if some philanthropist with a muscle disorder saw the auction, lol...  :lol:

And you're right that they probby don't care - but I do, so it's all good (I hope!)  :?   This is so scary!  :shock:

Thanks, Stiff!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Temjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 04:55:36 AM »

Is this some type of karma thing?  I'm scalping an Xbox 360 but donating 10% to charity so it evens out?   :wink:

Now Playing
Wii:  Zelda: TP
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 08:02:29 AM »

Good luck Myto!! get it done!! smile
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 04:27:55 AM »

At $500 with almost two days to go! Hopefully it'll keep on climbing. Good luck!
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 05:44:04 AM »

Thanks everyone!  I know I worked hard enough to get it, lol... I'm still "paying for it" physically.  I'm still worried about how I'm going to manage the MDA thing, too.  But at least now I know that I won't lose money!  Until an auction is over, I'm always convinced that's what's going to happen... :p

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 05:53:35 AM »

Myto, I am the current high bidder at $510! thumbsup

Not that I expect to win with 38 hours to go, but on the other hand I wouldn't really mind if I did.  Hey, if nothing else I just assured that your item is going to sell for at least $550. :wink:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 06:18:50 AM »

I JUST SAW THAT, LOL!

I came back here to say "You're the Best!"  I'd love it to go for 800 bucks, but if it had to go for $510, then I'd be glad it was you! (And I'd add "Or, Calvin" - but I don't want to start a bidding war of GT members!)  :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: