http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 12:00:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Finally Did it!  (Read 1461 times)
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2004, 02:04:38 AM »

... I finally got an xbox!  Not only that, I got the xbox live 12 month starter kit with the headset and Crimson Skies (took some searching for that, wasn't really interested in Mech Assault or whatever it was).  Also picked up a $5 demo disk just for giggles. I also have Pandora Tomorrow.

Haven't started up the Live membership yet- want to get a little experience in the games first, but one of the main reasons I got the xbox was for this.

That said, any suggestions on what I should try out, Live or otherwise?  Also, are there any cheap games that my 5 yr old son can enjoy without scarring him for life?

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 03:38:24 AM »

Welcome aboard!

PGR2!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 03:53:32 AM »

Yeah, if you're into racing you'll really like Live...and if you're into sports, this year is a great year to be on Live as well.  You basically already have the best Live games in my opinion (Pandora Tomorrow with its 2v2 play, Crimson Skies with its 16 player love and new planes/maps), but these are others:

Project Gotham Racing 2 ($29.99) - basically the racing game to get if you can only get one.

Rallisport Challenge 2 ($29.99) - I like this a lot, just came out...price just dropped.

Top Spin ($29.99) - tennis, but everyone loves playing it.  Online opponents are very top notch though (your child may like this game as well).

EA Sports lineup ($49.99 a piece, unless they change) this year - if you're into sports at all, all of their lineup is online starting with NCAA Football next month.

ESPN Sports lineup (NFL - $19.99 this year) - they've been online for the past couple years and will be again.

Amped 2 ($29.99) - vastly underrated, but if you like snowboarding (I don't snowboard and still love this game) there is a good amount of online play to be had.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein ($19.99) - I personally don't own it, but many people still swear by the online section of this game.

As for kids games:

Finding Nemo
Pac-Man World 2
Crash: The Wrath of Cortex (bad game, but good for kids)
Blinx: The Time Sweeper (underrated game)
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysse - the real oddball one that I think many kids would enjoy (because they wouldn't understand all that's going on).

All the above are Platinum titles for $19.99

Xbox Live: AgtFox
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 03:36:52 PM »

Your son will absolutely love Voodoo Vince, though it may be too difficult for him. That's some high-quality humor there, and it's right about the type he may get a kick out of watching. Plus the game is just dang fun.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 09:05:10 PM »

Must... RESIST...

Yeah I still don't have one.  I'm still under the impression that there aren't enough good games for the Xbox to warrant a purchase.  And don't tell me HALO because I can get that for the PC.  I'm not a fan of FPS on console nor sports titles.  What I'd really like to see are some great RPGs for the Xbox and maybe some good multiplayer games.  What I'd REALLY like to know is if the stinkin' xbox 2 will have backwards compatibility.

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 02:39:40 AM »

Off topic, but Mr. Dunn could you drop me an email.  Everything I sent seems to bounce.  Thanks.

On topic, I think Crimson Skies is the most fun I've had on Live so you're good there.  The Newbs (including  myself) keep talking about starting an amatuer night for Pandora tomorrow.  We haven't been much on execution.  I've been playing Full Spectum Warrior recently, but haven't been online much at all.  The dialogue isn't kid friendly there.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 04:20:33 AM »

Hrothgar- YGM

I just helped an old buddy of mine build a rockin gaming rig, and as a thank you he told me to go pick out a game of my choice.

I chose Riddick biggrin

Now I don't know what to play  :shock:

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: