http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 03:32:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I dont know about my 360 now..  (Read 876 times)
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2005, 05:20:12 AM »

Good things come to those who wait I what my mom tried to instill in my during my youth full days. So as I go thru the comming soon section on EBgames.com I am more and more not feeling the urge to catch a 360 right now. Reason I havent boutgh a console game for a while now, just pumping payment into EBgames every payday to pay off the 360, But look at what I am missing.

-------------------------------- Xbox--------------------Xbox 360

Burnout Revenge---------------now------------------------3/06
 Blitz The League---------------now--------------------------?
The Warriors--------------------now--------------------------?
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat-10/24----------------------?
Star Wars Battlefront II-------11/1------------------------?
Half-Life 2-----------------------11/15-----------------------?
 True Crime: New York City---11/15-----------------------?
 50 Cent: Bulletproof----------11/22-----------------------?

These are games I really want to play and strangly enough it adds up to $400.00 price of the 360 in which the only game I really want at this point is Saints Row which got pushed to Feb 06. So Perfect Dark and Oblivion will be the next choice. Why should I pay for a release price for a system now with all the great games comming for the old  and by the time it is caught up it will be PS3 release time and a possible price drop,
Not really going that far I dont see the sence of me trading in my Xbox now for a 360 although I will do it and just get these game for the ps2 for now is it realy worth it? Now? Why not wait?

lets not forget I will be paying $39.-$49.99 for each game now compared to waiting longer to pay $59.99 same game with equal or greater eye candy.

I reall doun know what to do. paranoid  confused

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 08:55:16 AM »

It's bound to price drop EVENTUALLY and once more info about the PS3 comes out, I'll be able to make an informed decision about which next-gen consoles to get.  That's my reasoning for holding off on the 360, anyway.  Plus damn, so much good this-gen stuff.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:09:12 AM »

On the other hand. the games you mentioned would also be cheaper in the future. You can also rent em and be a little more discerning on your purchase. I can tell you Burnout Revenge is really good, but it doesn't feel quite as fun as Burnout 3.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 03:47:11 PM »

Quote from: "juniordan"
Good things come to those who wait I what my mom tried to instill in my during my youth full days. So as I go thru the comming soon section on EBgames.com I am more and more not feeling the urge to catch a 360 right now. Reason I havent boutgh a console game for a while now, just pumping payment into EBgames every payday to pay off the 360, But look at what I am missing.

-------------------------------- Xbox--------------------Xbox 360

Burnout Revenge---------------now------------------------3/06
 Blitz The League---------------now--------------------------?
The Warriors--------------------now--------------------------?
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat-10/24----------------------?
Star Wars Battlefront II-------11/1------------------------?
Half-Life 2-----------------------11/15-----------------------?
 True Crime: New York City---11/15-----------------------?
 50 Cent: Bulletproof----------11/22-----------------------?

These are games I really want to play and strangly enough it adds up to $400.00 price of the 360 in which the only game I really want at this point is Saints Row which got pushed to Feb 06. So Perfect Dark and Oblivion will be the next choice. Why should I pay for a release price for a system now with all the great games comming for the old  and by the time it is caught up it will be PS3 release time and a possible price drop,
Not really going that far I dont see the sence of me trading in my Xbox now for a 360 although I will do it and just get these game for the ps2 for now is it realy worth it? Now? Why not wait?

lets not forget I will be paying $39.-$49.99 for each game now compared to waiting longer to pay $59.99 same game with equal or greater eye candy.

I reall doun know what to do. paranoid  confused

Honestly, it sounds like you have already made up your mind and are looking for people to agree with you. I see tons of cons in your post and no pros.

I'd just get those games and hold off on the 360.

Honestly though, I'm not interested in any of those games that you listed (save Battlefront 2, but ill get that for the PC)....but I am interested in:

------------------------Xbox 360 ---------------Xbox

DOA 4  -------------------X ------------------- never
Kameo  ------------------X ------------------- never
Oblivion ------------------X ------------------- never
Madden 360 -------------X -------------------never
Perfect Dark Zero -------X ------------------never
Dead Rising --------------X-------------------Never
99 Nights -----------------X--------------------Never

and on and on....

For me, the Xbox 360 is a lock, cause most of the games that I want are for it and not the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 12:21:52 AM »

It would be very easy for me to swing $360 if I could have played the mentioned game in my argument right out of the 360's box.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 02:38:41 AM »

I think someone high up at MS announced that the compatibility list would be out sometime this week.  Don't know when though.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: