http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 04:18:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't know what to buy this week! HELP!  (Read 1295 times)
Lorini
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:30:35 AM »

eek  eek  eek

Now Playing:

PC: SupCom 2, DoW CR, Spectromancer
Xbox Live: Panzer General, DJ Hero, Forza 3
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:36:41 AM »

Sunday night/Monday morning (depending on timezone). I'm afraid you're a bit too early for my posts. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 12:42:36 AM »

buy SIRI and SAM.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 05:26:22 AM »

Risen. You know you want to.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 05:38:23 AM »

Aion.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 07:30:27 AM »

Nothing. You don't have to buy games every week. It is okay not to buy any game this week. We're not going to take away your Gamer badge for not buying anything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on September 28, 2009, 07:30:27 AM

Nothing. You don't have to buy games every week. It is okay not to buy any game this week. We're not going to take away your Gamer badge for not buying anything.

don't listen!  it's a lie!

Because I can,
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 07:29:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 28, 2009, 04:34:39 PM

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on September 28, 2009, 07:30:27 AM

don't listen!  it's a lie!

It must be the truth - if they haven't come for my Gamer Badge yet, I doubt anyone has to worry about losing theirs.

I'm on my 500th hour of Star Ocean 4 - I can't possibly buy something every month, let alone every week!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 07:43:28 PM »

wth...500 hours? suddenly my persona games are nothing with over 100 hours each.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on September 29, 2009, 07:43:28 PM

wth...500 hours? suddenly my persona games are nothing with over 100 hours each.

Yeah, you always make me laugh, Jersoc, when you - and others - talk about long games in "50 hours and above" terms. 

There are many reasons my games end up taking so long, including being lost constantly, and leaving the game on while scouring the 'Net for maps, doing a laundry, making supper, or walking the dog.  The biggest reason though, is if I like a game a lot, I play it to death... and I like SO4 a lot.

I guess I can get back on topic here by saying, Lorini - get Star Ocean 4 this week!   Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 08:07:51 PM »

Buy Wet!

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »

I didn't realize there was 500 hours worth of stuff hehe. I'm not sure what my save times, but probably 70'ish. I played some of the bonus dungeons for a bit. I guess I buy a lot of games so I don't really focus on after stuff once I beat a game. Though I probably added like 15 hours to Fable 2 just buying property and exploring.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on September 29, 2009, 07:29:01 PM

It must be the truth - if they haven't come for my Gamer Badge yet, I doubt anyone has to worry about losing theirs.

you're supposed to say 'badges?  we don't need no steenking badges!'

Because I can,
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »

I don't usually play the extra stuff either, especially if it's DL stuff that comes out after I finish with a game.  I almost didn't try the post-game content on SO4, but I'm loving it, and it still feels like the game to me, even without cutscenes.

My hours do add up also because my laptop is right next to me and I have to answer the occasional silly post:

Quote from: CeeKay on September 29, 2009, 08:29:16 PM

you're supposed to say 'badges?  we don't need no steenking badges!'

I had two badges - one was taken away on my fifth replay of Morrowind, so the best I can do is say "we don't need more than one steenking badge!"

Sorry, lol...   icon_biggrin

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 09:24:27 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on September 29, 2009, 08:02:04 PM

There are many reasons my games end up taking so long, including being lost constantly, and leaving the game on while scouring the 'Net for maps, doing a laundry, making supper, or walking the dog.

So... all those times I log on and Myto is there still playing Star Ocean 4, it really should say "Walking the dog" or "Doing the laundry"?  Tongue

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 09:52:07 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 29, 2009, 09:24:27 PM

There are many reasons my games end up taking so long, including being lost constantly, and leaving the game on while scouring the 'Net for maps, doing a laundry, making supper, or walking the dog.

So... all those times I log on and Myto is there still playing Star Ocean 4, it really should say "Walking the dog" or "Doing the laundry"?  Tongue

Ooh, let's make money on that...  XBoxLive's stunning new feature - now tell your friends what you are really doing!   icon_lol

Oh, wait, we'd all have to take CeeKay off of our Friend's Lists first.   icon_twisted

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »

You have CeeKay on your friends list to start with?  Tongue

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 10:54:51 PM »

I'm sure they'd come up with all kinds of euphimisms for spankng the monkey  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 11:12:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 29, 2009, 10:54:51 PM

I'm sure they'd come up with all kinds of euphimisms for spankng the monkey  icon_twisted

Do you really need a euphemism for a euphemism?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 11:33:36 PM »

I'm on my 500th hour of Star Ocean 4 - I can't possibly buy something every month, let alone every week!

icon_eek icon_eek

I've played some great games in my day, but I can't think of anything I'd spend 500 hours with.  Closest I come would be pushing 200 with FF Tactics.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Lorini
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 11:54:23 PM »

Yeah, you always make me laugh, Jersoc, when you - and others - talk about long games in "50 hours and above" terms. 

There are many reasons my games end up taking so long, including being lost constantly, and leaving the game on while scouring the 'Net for maps, doing a laundry, making supper, or walking the dog.  The biggest reason though, is if I like a game a lot, I play it to death... and I like SO4 a lot.

I guess I can get back on topic here by saying, Lorini - get Star Ocean 4 this week!   Tongue

I couldn't find the title Star Ocean 4 at metacritic. Is there another title for the game? And how hard is the real time combat?

Now Playing:

PC: SupCom 2, DoW CR, Spectromancer
Xbox Live: Panzer General, DJ Hero, Forza 3
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 02:12:08 AM »

I found the combat, aside from blind sides, fairly easy. But i was just coming off ToV, so there's that too. Only a few bosses gave me trouble.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 05:12:58 AM »

Next week looks pretty barren too.  I just finished Wet, and don't have any new hotness! What the hell am I going to do to pass the time until Brutal Legend comes out?!

(Okay, Demon's Souls comes out next week, but I've long since imported that.  biggrin )

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 05:14:55 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on September 30, 2009, 05:12:58 AM

Next week looks pretty barren too.  I just finished Wet, and don't have any new hotness! What the hell am I going to do to pass the time until Brutal Legend comes out?!

(Okay, Demon's Souls comes out next week, but I've long since imported that.  biggrin )

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising comes out next week.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 07:28:54 AM »

Quote from: Lorini on September 29, 2009, 11:54:23 PM

I couldn't find the title Star Ocean 4 at metacritic. Is there another title for the game? And how hard is the real time combat?

The actual name of the game is Star Ocean : The Last Hope.  It's the fourth game in the series, but they use subtitles rather than numbers to differentiate them.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »

Ive thought about getting these Star Ocean games on my PSP. Just not sure how those versions are.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »

Quote from: Lorini on September 29, 2009, 11:54:23 PM

I must've lost my mind again - I wasn't at the 500 hours mark... only the 450, thinking 500; I believe when I quit this morning, it was around the 475 to 480 point, so it will definitely reach 500 (not so sure it won't reach 600!)

For me, my hours mostly depend on (other than the aforementioned "real life" activities that interfere) how much I like all abilities/ achievements/ goals that can be completed, as long as they are still fun or challenging for me.  For example, I love synthing and with SO4, I'm 2 or 3 synths away from making everything possible in the game, so I must finish that off.  I decided that the "second-to-last post-end-game Boss," (this will make sense later, really) Gabriel Celeste, was hard enough for me that I would need to raise the level caps on my team, so I started doing Battle Trophies - 50% done on each character allows them to continue beyond the cap.  I've done them all, except Arumat who is 2 trophies shy - which I would have finished off if only I could've kept my eyes open last night, lol - well at 4AM anyway.

Lorini, you should check out the Star Ocean: the Last Hope "Impressions" (yes, that is the actual name of the game, sorry 'bout that!) thread here.  I will look for it and bump it for you, right now it's on the 2nd or 3d page of Console Gaming.  That should help you decide if it's the game for you.  As for the "real time" combat, don't worry - every time you hit the "Big X" button or enter a menu, the fighting freezes, you can decide on your next move, and you won't feel frenzied in most battles.  I played on the easiest mode, and am glad I did.  It made things controllable while I learned the system, then for challenge, the Bosses were either easy, average, or sometimes a bit hard.  The extra content - the 7 Stars Dungeon and the Wandering Dungeon - ramp up considerably on difficulty, which is why I recommend playing on Easy, but if you are an uber-gamer, you will sail through on the easiest setting.

Quote from: Daehawk on September 29, 2009, 10:45:46 PM

You have CeeKay on your friends list to start with?  Tongue

Ummm, actually I don't know... I have about 70 people on my list, even though I rarely play MP games anymore, so I usually forget who is there, and sometimes even who they are, lol.  But I always accept GT friend invites, if only to see what my Friends are up to, lol.  nod

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: