http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 04:45:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I did it! One less console in the house...  (Read 579 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »

So I sold my 80GB PS3 (non-BC) on kijiji the day before yesterday.
One controller, HDMI and composite cables, Nyko charger with 2 plugs, and 4 games (Burnout Paradise, God of War 1 &2, God of War 3, Neir)
got $160 for it, still have my BT remote, a second controller (using it on my PC or giving it to my bro).

Socking that money away for either the Durango or the PS4 later this year.

The Wii still gets use with my son (not getting a WiiU - not a good value proposition for me).

So... how many of you are planning on moving next-gen on day 1?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:52:48 PM »

I am still waiting for the official info for Xbox 3..and will decide then

From the looks of things(and TiLT swearing down dead that the PS4 will be better than life itself),if the price is right then i may very well be in on the PS4 day one..but only if the price is right,425 launch like last time is out of the question for me

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »

Purging?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 05:22:31 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 26, 2013, 04:52:48 PM

(and TiLT swearing down dead that the PS4 will be better than life itself)

You may have misread me. From what I've seen, I believe the PS4 might be slightly better than the Durango, but then again, we know next to nothing about the Durango. What I am praising to the skies is the next generation in general and what it'll do for gaming, be it PS4 or Durango.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »

Wait & see on the Durango for me, but it'll be at least 1 year after release if it pans out to be hardware bug free. I'm not interested in getting a PS4, but I'd be more comfortable in purchasing it day 1.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 07:24:02 PM »

Also holding off until we learn more about the next Xbox.
If the next Xbox confirms backwards compatibility with 360, it'll likely be a launch purchase for me. (Outside of short supply as I'm way too old to be camping out somewhere for a gaming system!) 
Will probably pick up more multiplatform games on the 360 over PS3 as well as it's a little easier to justify $60+ on a game when they still work on the next generation.

The PS4 even though still disappointed with the lack of BC, am slowly warming up to it. I'll probably end up buying one as soon as it sees it's first price drop. The PS3 still has a lot of life in it, IMO.
Even to this day people still play MAG (although apparently I'm the only one on GT who does), one of the best games of all-time if you ask me. How many other FPS's, console or otherwise, support up to 256 players in a real-time battlefield? 

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 12:28:46 AM »

Almost certainly in line for the new xbox, but still waiting to see.  Really hoping that MS doesn't screw this up.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 05:58:50 AM »

I'll wondering if MS is going to have any heavyweight exclusives next gen. They have gutted most of their internal studios, and Epic has already mentioned their regrets above having made Gears of War a one console exclusive. I'm thinking any future Gears titles will have a home with Sony also.

Considering that I'm not a Forza fan, and Fable 3 ruined the series for me, there isn't much gaming left that MS has to offer me from their own exclusive stable. Meanwhile, Sony has been ramping up internal development, they purchased the excellent developer Sucker Punch, and they are co-developing Final Fantasy XV, so that will be a Sony exclusive. They are also working hard to make Playstation Plus much more attractive than Xbox Live.

I just wish I didn't hate the Playstation controller so much......I vastly prefer offset analog sticks, and third party controllers are all lackluster.

I purchased both MS systems on day one. From a games perspective,  I'm hoping they differentiate enough to warrant having both systems. Sony already has my dollars lined up. But for me it is all about games. I never bought into the whole "Xbox as your entertainment hub" mentality that seems to drive Microsoft. If they don't have some killer exclusives, I'm willing to wait indefinitely on that purchase.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:04:40 AM by Dante Rising » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on March 27, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

I just wish I didn't hate the Playstation controller so much......I vastly prefer offset analog sticks, and third party controllers are all lackluster.

Just yesterday i have been looking into getting this for when FF14 comes to PS3,i am just hoping that the 360 chatpad will also work(i can't imagine it not working),then it will be perfect
Amazon

of the 360 controllers,It only works with a wired controller though,which is fine because that's what i use

-Connects wired XBOX360 game controller to your PS3 console or PC USB
-Connects PS3 game controller to your XBOX360 console or PC USB
-Connects PS2 game controller to your XBOX360 console or PS3 console or PC USB
-Compatible with Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP , Vista and Windows 7,32bit and 64bit
-Compatible with joystick, racing wheel and dance mat

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:45 PM »

I'm in for Next-Gen at launch.  I skipped the Wii U and haven't regretted that decision yet.   Let's see what Nintendo has to say about that at E3. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: