http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 09:38:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm surprised at how fun the Lost Planet MP demo is...  (Read 854 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2006, 08:29:52 AM »

...and this is from someone who thought the single-player e3 demo was pretty meh.  The MP demo is impressive!  I mean, ultimately, it feels like the SP demo, this is true, but there's just some intangible thing going on.  I'm not entirely sure what it is.  Each weapon has real pop, using the grappling hook-thing is fun and the graphics run smooth and look great. 

And when I load up the single-player demo, I find myself having more fun than I had before the MP demo.  Kudos to a good multiplayer demo, Capcom. 

So, even if you didn't particularily care for the single-player demo, give the Lost Planet MP demo a shot.  I'm glad I did!

TheMissingLink on PSN
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 09:07:59 AM »

well I haven't had a chance to try the MP demo yet, but I really liked the SP demo a lot.  the only bad thing about it was that the AI of the human pirate guys was pretty dumb.  other than that, I loved everything else about it...the graphics, artistic style, setting, weapons/feedback, the 3rd person kinda semi-roaming targeting crosshair, etc.  definitely a day 1 purchase for me
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 12:42:28 PM »

I would love to play it, but everytime I get into a lobby to play the host quits out. When I host a game I can't get folks to stay in to play!

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:30:55 PM »

Maybe it was just me, but I had a very hard time distinguising Blue from Red.  I probably shot at my own team mates more than the enemy.  Otherwise I had fun with it. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 02:12:06 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »

Tebunker-

I have the exact same problem.... Cant get a game goin.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 03:15:26 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on November 28, 2006, 08:29:52 AM

...and this is from someone who thought the single-player e3 demo was pretty meh.  The MP demo is impressive!  I mean, ultimately, it feels like the SP demo, this is true, but there's just some intangible thing going on.  I'm not entirely sure what it is.  Each weapon has real pop, using the grappling hook-thing is fun and the graphics run smooth and look great. 

And when I load up the single-player demo, I find myself having more fun than I had before the MP demo.  Kudos to a good multiplayer demo, Capcom. 

So, even if you didn't particularily care for the single-player demo, give the Lost Planet MP demo a shot.  I'm glad I did!

I had the exact opposite reaction.  I loved the SP demo, but was underwhelmed by the MP one.  It may be that I was hoping for another map or that I didn't play until Sunday, after everyone had a few days with it, leaving me behind, but I found it confusing and frustrating. 

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 03:21:20 PM »

I read on a web site I saw linked to on Blues News (don't have the link handy) that Capcom has actually made the text smaller for Lost Planet than it was for Dead Rising.  I haven't grabbed the demo yet, but has anyone had issues with any text?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 05:58:14 PM »

Quote from: HankRaptor on November 28, 2006, 01:34:24 PM

Tebunker-

I have the exact same problem.... Cant get a game goin.

That just means that you aren't compatible with the host, or something...

I forgot to mention that it has taken me about 15 minutes to finally find a MP game whenever I play Tongue

And I had the same problem with Gears of War until they updated it, and no I rarely get that error, so let's hope Capcom fixes LP.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 08:19:33 PM »

I have yet to try it. Maybe tonight!
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 10:45:21 PM »

I absolutely love it and this is my number one most anticipated game at this time.  But I agree that picking out your teammates from the enemy is virtually impossible.  I usually wait to see if they shoot at me or not.  Not a good strategy.  I'm just too nice I guess.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 09:31:24 AM »

Looks like a darn good game.  First one so far to make me wish I had an Xbox.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 05:21:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 28, 2006, 03:21:20 PM

I read on a web site I saw linked to on Blues News (don't have the link handy) that Capcom has actually made the text smaller for Lost Planet than it was for Dead Rising.  I haven't grabbed the demo yet, but has anyone had issues with any text?

actually, it looks like Capcom has done the exact opposite for Lost Planet.  according to IGN, they've heard all the complaints about small text again in LP and the full game will have a fix where text automatically displays larger on SDTVs.  they even have a screenshot showing the difference.  it's just a shame they can't (or won't) go back and fix Dead Rising...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: