http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 06:31:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm bored  (Read 1520 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2007, 09:17:13 PM »

I cant find anything to play. I got tons of stuff mostly old but still i enjoyed them all. But now Im bored. I could not get Privateer 2, DS9 Dominion Wars, or Star Control to run at all. I got Crusader and Wing Commander to run with DosBox but got bored and quit.

Then I tried Warcraft 2, Terminus, Diablo 2, and Master of Orion. Got bored of all those within the first day except MOO which i played a week or so.

Then the other night I put in Icewind Dale 2. I loved this game so figured it would be fun to replay. I downloaded all the patches, mods, and bonus items I could find. Then i spent 1 1/2 hours fine tuning the perfect party. Started it up and got bored before I left the first town and deleted it.

Ive thought about trying Baldur's Gate 2 again but I noticed its even older than IWD2 so it would not even be as fun for lack of tweaks and such. I also remember how long it was and then the exp pack where I have all the different endings Id have to make myself see. I stuck it back on the shelf without installing it.

Im bored. I seem to have turned from a rpg/tb strategist into a action/fps/online junkie. Its gotta be now now now fast go go go with others or I cant seem to concentrate enough to play it. I know I have add but it seems to be getting worse where gaming is concerned. I dont like that. I want to get back to enjoyed all types of games...well except sports and puzzles smile

Id love to play JA2 or Freespace or something..but I know I cant stand it right now with the mood Im in. It sux  :cry:

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 09:31:43 PM »

You couldn't get Star Control to run? Are you talking about Star Control 2 and the freeware The Ur-Quan Masters? If so, what problem did you have?
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 10:19:45 PM »

No the original Star Control.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 10:54:22 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on July 15, 2007, 09:17:13 PM

Then I tried Warcraft 2, Terminus, Diablo 2, and Master of Orion. Got bored of all those within the first day except MOO which i played a week or so.

Maybe you could try playing something that isn't a decade old  icon_biggrin  How about Warcraft 3 instead of 2, Titan Quest instead of Diablo 2, and Galactic Civilizations 2 instead of MOO - unless you've already played them.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 10:57:13 PM »

Did'nt like Warcraft 3 or Titan Quest. I played GC2 a lot when it came out. May go back and play some more of it soon.

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:58:14 PM »

Try a free MMO?
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 11:21:04 PM »

If you have a 360, play Crackdown.

xbox live: nude rick james
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 02:24:22 AM »

I've got gaming ADD lately too. It happened after i started playing WoW. I've since quit WoW after 2 years, but my ADD stayed. I don't have the patience i used to have for games. I need a game that i can jump in and out of and get stuff done quick. NWN2 would have been perfect for me, but i couldn't get into it. FPS seems to fit what i need and i don't even enjoy them that much.
unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 04:08:50 AM »

I've been feeling the same way lately.  When I feel that way, I try going for a walk, and usually stop somewhere and play my DS for a while. 

Fortunately, Etrain Odessy seems to be holding my attention.  When you get gaming A.D.D., being able to play for short periods of time is a great virtue.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »

Quote from: Jag on July 16, 2007, 02:24:22 AM

I've got gaming ADD lately too. It happened after i started playing WoW. I've since quit WoW after 2 years, but my ADD stayed. I don't have the patience i used to have for games. I need a game that i can jump in and out of and get stuff done quick. NWN2 would have been perfect for me, but i couldn't get into it. FPS seems to fit what i need and i don't even enjoy them that much.

See now I'm the opposite when I get to feeling that way. I wish for a good, deep game to break my blahs.
Unfortunatley there are fewer of those than the jump in jump out games.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »

I have been in a bit of a drought myself for about 2 weeks now. Part of it comes from being busy-I am living at home prepping for my big move, so I am spending time entertaining my parents, working a full time (40+ hours down from 55+ two weeks ago), with an hour commute each way, and also hoping and trying to spend time with my girl. That adds up to minimal free time, so when I get in front of the computer/tv, I usually end up sort of staring at it blankly and trying to decide what to play.

I had a huge backlog and all of a sudden last week just said screw it-and blew the backlog up. Threw everything up for trade and sold almost all of it. So now I have a very small backlog of new games (tiny actually), and about 5 games I want to replay-3 of which are long, massive RPGs, which makes them even harder to start and get into with limited time.

With NCAA signalling the start of the late summer/fall game assault, I am hoping this will all go away and take care of itself-for now Dae-I feel your pain, and I thinkI am going to alleviate it by replaying KOTOR smile
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on July 16, 2007, 01:26:20 PM

Quote from: Jag on July 16, 2007, 02:24:22 AM

See now I'm the opposite when I get to feeling that way. I wish for a good, deep game to break my blahs.
Unfortunatley there are fewer of those than the jump in jump out games.

That's mainly because I actually seek out deep games, so if I'm getting gamer ADD, it's generally that kind of game which isn't clicking.  Unfortunately, my love of deep games is also why my backlog is so huge.  Oh, and gamer ADD would be another.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:09:25 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 05:22:50 PM »

Oblivion has me hooked right now.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 05:50:51 PM »

I'm firing up Civ IV tonight. Haven't played it in a long while. Gonna get myself back in the groove for the expansion.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 09:47:34 PM »

I may retry NWN2. Last time I played a half orc and only to that first fort area with the tiefling thief. Only thing thats kept me from it is Gothic 3 which I stopped playing about a month ago and cant make myself go back to even though I want to finish it. I did'nt want yet another big rpg on here but I see nothing else will run lol.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 12:38:50 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on July 17, 2007, 09:47:34 PM

I may retry NWN2. Last time I played a half orc and only to that first fort area with the tiefling thief. Only thing thats kept me from it is Gothic 3 which I stopped playing about a month ago and cant make myself go back to even though I want to finish it. I did'nt want yet another big rpg on here but I see nothing else will run lol.

re: NWN2- make yourself play through to the beginning of Chapter 2.  It really picks up then.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 12:58:21 AM »

i'm also a little torn on what i'm in the mood to play right now...lots of games, but nothing really drawing me in at the moment.  i think my biggest problem is that i'm in the mood for a good story, and that's not something i have in my backlog right now.  i've been spending a lot of time with games like Forza2 and GH2, but those are starting to get a little boring after playing them so much  i really need some quality storytelling to pull me in, but i don't think i'll be getting that until games like Mass Effect and Bioshock show up over the next few months.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
unbreakable
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 02:32:34 PM »

I've kept wanting to go back and play one of the Jedi FPS games, but then I think back on how slow some of them start and kind of balk.  I have Jedi Academy on my desk, but that (IMO) had the weakest story of them all.  It would be nice to play Jedi Outcast with dual sabers... and with at least some force powers from the start.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 02:46:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 18, 2007, 12:38:50 AM

Quote from: Daehawk on July 17, 2007, 09:47:34 PM

re: NWN2- make yourself play through to the beginning of Chapter 2.  It really picks up then.
Can you give me some character advice? This is on my very short backlist now that I razed and burned-I started a fighter, and want to multiclass into something interesting, but are any other classes really interesting (I am staying away from Monk since I play one all the time).
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 05:41:14 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on July 18, 2007, 02:32:34 PM

I've kept wanting to go back and play one of the Jedi FPS games, but then I think back on how slow some of them start and kind of balk.  I have Jedi Academy on my desk, but that (IMO) had the weakest story of them all.  It would be nice to play Jedi Outcast with dual sabers... and with at least some force powers from the start.

Thinking about that too. I love me some Jedi lightsaber action. I wonder how it held up?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »

Quote from: Jag on July 18, 2007, 05:41:14 PM

Thinking about that too. I love me some Jedi lightsaber action. I wonder how it held up?

Jedi Academy was great because you start out as a Jedi so it's lightsabers from the start.  I had a fun time with that one.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 07:05:08 PM »

Quote from: warning on July 18, 2007, 05:53:41 PM

Jedi Academy was great because you start out as a Jedi so it's lightsabers from the start.  I had a fun time with that one.

I may have to re-install that one for another playthrough.  the speeder bike level was freaking awesome!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
unbreakable
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 09:45:24 PM »

Quote from: warning on July 18, 2007, 05:53:41 PM

Oh yeah, that's right!  One thing it was missing, however, were the hordes of Stormtroopers.  In JO it was great fun running into a room full of stormtroopers, hitting force speed, and tearing them all apart  icon_twisted
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: