http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 03:01:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm about ready to stop chatting during games on XBOX Live  (Read 4362 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2008, 03:00:30 PM »

Quote from: QP on January 03, 2008, 02:55:35 PM

Guess it wouldn't be so bad if I was actually a n00b Black Gay Jew that enjoyed being raped (and enjoyed racial slurs)...which is what the 12 year old kids seem to think everyone that shoots them is.
You're NOT? slywink

JBlank, EVERYONE is a southerner to me. slywink

If you're looking to point fingers, blame the media. Not just the news, but hollywood. If a character is going to be portrayed with intelligence and a suave nature, all you need to do is look for the british accent. Southern drawls are used to portray either gentlemen (think Spacey in Garden of Good and Evil) or imbeciles. Most movies don't contain the former.

I can't tell you how many times I've been shat upon verbally by mid-twenties black men "whoze keepin' it real, yo". Note, they generally have a southern accent. I now only chat with friends; my list is full. (a lot of GTers) If it's a team-based random game I may pick up a headset.
I go through the obligitory muting of people who's dialog is less valuable than raw sewage.

I tend to mute damned live users who have the mic gain set so high that between their heavy breathing I can hear their neighbors' taking a dump.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 03:06:11 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on January 03, 2008, 02:52:57 PM

Quote from: Eightball on January 03, 2008, 02:42:11 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on January 03, 2008, 03:48:33 AM

If I were Emporer,

Hmm...that's pretty dastardly.  I wonder what you would do if you were the Emperor?

icon_cry
My post got eaten up- I said maybe as Emperor you would update the Gal Civ 2 AR!!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2008, 03:10:15 PM »

Next time you get sass from the Live baboons for your accent, toss out a Foghorn Leghorn quote or two and their hate will turn to love.  I recommend:

"Lookit here son, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? He scared 'em! That Rhode Island Red turned white. Then blue. Rhode Island. Red, white, and blue. That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2008, 03:13:28 PM »

On a completely unrelated note, we need a Foghorn Leghorn translator.

I would like to Foghorn all of my emails for a day.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2008, 03:21:11 PM »

Women with southern accents are frickin hot.

But seriously, of the times I play on xbox live, maybe 10% of the time I bother to plug my headset in. It's aggrivating, most of the time, because unfortunately the general gaming community is made up of morons. It happens in every game, too.

Starshifter, I'm gonna look you up for some TF2, if you don't mind.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »

If I were Emporer,

you could dress up Ike and make him your Princess?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2008, 04:11:04 PM »

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »

Quote from: The_Man on January 03, 2008, 12:39:43 PM

If I am playing with randoms, which a lot of the time I am, I just take the headset off and lay it beside me on the couch.

This is what I do on the very rare occasion that I play MP.  The only time I put it on with randoms is if I am playing APF2K.  For some reason, the asshat quotient on that game is significantly lower than on the rest of XBL.

gellar
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »

For the most part, when I play CoD4, the people generally behave themselves.  The only exception was I got on a team with some British guy who just constantly complained about how sucky the rest of the team was.  The funny part was he wasn't that great.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
unbreakable
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »

Quote from: Laner on January 03, 2008, 03:37:47 AM

Texas isn't the south!

Besides, I'd much rather be thought a "redneck" (considering I have a southern accent myself), than be one of numerous "blUnTSmoka420" etc. tagged morons.

Hey, they can't vote against GWB again, so the shit rolls downhill.  No that, you know, the ten year old spewing racial profanities can even vote.

But when people gleefully push unpopular agendas on the rest of the country, this kind of stuff is going to happen.  Especially when that unpopular agenda is going to cost each American at least $30,000 each, whether they are "fiscal conservatives" or not.

But I'd suggest not letting it bother you.  Most people are idiots, and when you put them into a situation where there are no repercussions for idiotic behavior... you get idiotic behavior.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:13:15 PM by unbreakable » Logged
BiggerBoat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2008, 05:20:45 PM »

One disappointing aspect of all of this is that zones and feedback seems to be completely useless. The new live is no better than the old live at giving you a decent ad-hoc live gaming experience.

As for the idiots, I wish it were all 12 year olds, but much of the time they sound more like they are in their late teens and early twenties. The only thing I've noticed with 12 year-olds is the omni-present British-kid who is constantly blabbering in a sing-song, heavily accented voice, which is kinda' odd. He's usually mostly harmless.

I won't be renewing my LIVE subscription after this term. I just haven't been able to  coordinate my schedule to participate in games with GT'ers or GWJ'ers, and anything else is just un-fun.
unbreakable
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »

Quote from: BiggerBoat on January 03, 2008, 05:20:45 PM

As for the idiots, I wish it were all 12 year olds, but much of the time they sound more like they are in their late teens and early twenties. The only thing I've noticed with 12 year-olds is the omni-present British-kid who is constantly blabbering in a sing-song, heavily accented voice, which is kinda' odd. He's usually mostly harmless.

He isn't singing about berries and cream, is he?
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »

Maybe they should start segregating online communities (Live, MMOs) by age.  It will at least reduce some of the juvenile crap we have to put up with.  When I go to a pub, I don't have the problem of hearing some 10 year old brat mouthing off.  Why can't we have some of those same RL rules in the Virtual world?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 06:09:13 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on January 03, 2008, 12:39:31 AM

It could be worse Jblank.

You could be british.

LOL,...i play COD4 a lot but i am tired of British and Americans having a go at each other,both are as bad as the other one..i am not even sure why its happening,me being British,i love Americans,many a time i am laughing along with them when just normal joking around,and same with the british,and i have a lot of british and american friends on my friends list...but when the arguing does start,i just pres select to bring up the players list ingame and then highlight the dick/s who is being the main ass and press Y and mute him

i have had some stick from Americans because of my voice,and also from a southern english(londoners usually)..as i am from northern england,manchester....i dont really rise to it,i just say 'oh,very good' or something...as i do a lot of swearing as it is when getting killed while playing

i have also had stick for coming top,LOL..oh well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 06:17:47 PM »

One disappointing aspect of all of this is that zones and feedback seems to be completely useless. The new live is no better than the old live at giving you a decent ad-hoc live gaming experience.

I won't be renewing my LIVE subscription after this term. I just haven't been able to  coordinate my schedule to participate in games with GT'ers or GWJ'ers, and anything else is just un-fun.

This is where Sony could really make a difference.  I have 3 Live accounts right now so I am paying $150 a year.  If Playstation Home is anything like it appears to be, I may cancel all three of my Live accounts.  Then if I get yelled at by 12 year olds, at least I'll be getting yelled at for free.  icon_lol
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 06:22:55 PM »

I also never use my mic or headset.  I have no desire to hear a bunch of kids spout their shit off, which is all that seems to happen in the matches I can find.  Screw that.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 03, 2008, 03:28:56 PM

If I were Emporer,

you could dress up Ike and make him your Princess?

What?  How did I get involved in this?

Quote from: DragonFyre on January 03, 2008, 03:21:11 PM

Women with southern accents are frickin hot.

+ a lot

Quote from: unbreakable on January 03, 2008, 05:10:20 PM

Hey, they can't vote against GWB again, so the shit rolls downhill.  No that, you know, the ten year old spewing racial profanities can even vote.

But when people gleefully push unpopular agendas on the rest of the country, this kind of stuff is going to happen.  Especially when that unpopular agenda is going to cost each American at least $30,000 each, whether they are "fiscal conservatives" or not.

What?  Dude, they're not all political threads.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 06:46:23 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on January 03, 2008, 06:43:55 PM

+1

If people want to connect this particular topic to current politics then they can make a new topic in the appropriate forum. 
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »

When communists turn their microphone sensitivity up too high you hear a lot of feedback and echo on Live.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2008, 07:41:02 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 03, 2008, 06:46:23 PM

+1

If people want to connect this particular topic to current politics then they can make a new topic in the appropriate forum. 

+1

Seriously, unbreakable, get a grip.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »

One trick pony.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2008, 07:55:22 PM »

Quote from: jblank on January 03, 2008, 02:06:21 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on January 03, 2008, 01:50:26 AM

jblank, you take things on the internet WAY too seriously.

No, it's not that, it's just that eventually, even someone VERY patient gets tired of hearing all the crap.

You just can't let it get to you.

Either a) mute them, b) ignore them, or c) come up with your own trash talk in return.  The more it goes over their heads, the quieter they usually get while they try to figure out how you insulted them.

You can ask a couple of people here that have played with me in CoD4.  A well placed comment goes over well (I think my classic was asking a squeaky kid if his balls had dropped yet), and gets lots of laughs to make the idiocy from other people bearable.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
QP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »

I love it when the more mature types start saying let's mute so & so, and you hear the little kid practically begging for them to mute him and listen to him ask what he's doing that's wrong.

-QP
Currently Playing:
[PC]Oblivion Again (OOO this time)
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »

Yeah, don't let it bother you.  Seriously, I've been called the N word a few times when I'm playing public matches. I don't let it bother me.  I usually mute the person and keep playing.

Also, play with GT and OO folks.  The most you will hear is  alot of profane language especially if it's Fuzz playing COD4.  He makes me laugh ALOT  icon_lol

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2008, 11:06:08 PM »

This is one of the reasons I don't miss my Live Gold account much.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2008, 11:07:19 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 03, 2008, 05:22:17 PM

Is his gamertag SensuousLettuce?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2008, 01:32:21 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on January 03, 2008, 11:07:19 PM

Quote from: unbreakable on January 03, 2008, 05:22:17 PM

Is his gamertag SensuousLettuce?

he said british and singing, not bible noises and sheep thumping icon_twisted

Because I can,
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2008, 02:06:10 PM »

Jesus christ do you ever quit?  Why doesnt this board have an ignore list again?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »

Quote from: olaf on January 04, 2008, 02:06:10 PM

Jesus christ do you ever quit?

Woo!  Now the thread has politics and religion!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2008, 02:30:57 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on January 04, 2008, 02:10:52 PM

Not for the jews though!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2008, 03:45:13 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 04, 2008, 02:30:57 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on January 04, 2008, 02:10:52 PM

Not for the jews though!

mazeltov!!!!

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »

Most people are idiots, and when you put them into a situation where there are no repercussions for idiotic behavior... you get idiotic behavior.

Irony thy name is unbreakable!
unbreakable
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 03, 2008, 06:46:23 PM

+1

Was it me who posted the GWB pic?

Get a clue, doodz.  All your whines and pules about me cant be valid.

Quote from: ATB on January 04, 2008, 06:39:39 PM

Most people are idiots, and when you put them into a situation where there are no repercussions for idiotic behavior... you get idiotic behavior.

Irony thy name is unbreakable!

Right back at you, WWJD.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:00:54 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2008, 07:01:48 PM »

Notice I said people not just unbreakable.  It applies to everyone in this thread- the political derail will stop (including comments about posters' attitudes and political beliefs) or I'll lock the thread.  Jblank didn't deserve to have his thread sidetracked with this crap. 
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »

*draws line*  Political speech done.

Back to the topic, I'm with you Jason.  It is completely insane on Live nowadays.  I pretty much play online with you guys only, which means it limits my Live time.  On the other hand, it also limits my irritation. slywink

Edit:  Wow, good speed on that Kevin.  Beat me to it.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2008, 07:16:46 PM »

this is why i have only wanted to play cod4 within a party of gt/oo'ers.  at least that way, we can eliminate or reduce the level of smacktard-ness during a match.  sure, you got to hear the tards blather around during the pre and post game, but it's small beans and i usually drift out during that time anyways.

i really hate the ones who rap during a match.  not only are they coming off as the biggest douches for clogging up useful team talking, but they are horrible rappers with no rhyming or lyrical ability.   

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2008, 07:24:52 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 04, 2008, 07:01:48 PM

Notice I said people not just unbreakable.  It applies to everyone in this thread- the political derail will stop (including comments about posters' attitudes and political beliefs) or I'll lock the thread.  Jblank didn't deserve to have his thread sidetracked with this crap. 

Drop the hammer !!!

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »

Quote from: Caine on January 04, 2008, 07:16:46 PM

i really hate the ones who rap during a match.  not only are they coming off as the biggest douches for clogging up useful team talking, but they are horrible rappers with no rhyming or lyrical ability.   

I agree if there lyrical flow was tight I wouldn't mind a little rapping, but damn most are tone death and have no rhyming ability whatsoever     Tongue

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2008, 08:31:07 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 04, 2008, 06:57:13 PM

Right back at you, WWJD.

Call a spade a spade. Why? Oh. Thanks!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator