http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 12:40:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a little stuck on Quake 4, need tiny spoiler...  (Read 710 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2005, 07:03:11 PM »

It's the single player game, btw.

First of all - don't read this if you don't want any spoilers, because I have to describe where I'm stuck, and that might be enough of a spoiler for you...

..................POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILER ALERT...........................  

So, of course, I don't know where I am, but if you've played it you should recognize it.  I'm helping that idiot technician Strauss, I have to enter a room to find a console to do something.  As soon as I do it, a cut scene ensues - two big spider-like mech things appear, they have red eyes, and I can kill them, no prob (well, not too much prob!).

When I'm done with them an even bigger robot-zombie-killing-machine type thing appears... and I'm screwed.  Strauss was yelling to get out of the room, but I don't think there's a way out. Partly I'm in trouble because I don't know the best weapon to use against the spider things, so I'm low on health by the time I get to the boss-thing.

If anyone knows... could you give me a very tiny spoiler (or a series of a few of them, so I can look at one at a time if I need them) - like, what weapon is best against the spider things... what weapon is best against the boss... tips to avoid their blasts, where's the best place to hide and the best strategy to hit them without being hit, etc.

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 07:18:13 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
It's the single player game, btw.

First of all - don't read this if you don't want any spoilers, because I have to describe where I'm stuck, and that might be enough of a spoiler for you...

..................POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILER ALERT...........................  

So, of course, I don't know where I am, but if you've played it you should recognize it.  I'm helping that idiot technician Strauss, I have to enter a room to find a console to do something.  As soon as I do it, a cut scene ensues - two big spider-like mech things appear, they have red eyes, and I can kill them, no prob (well, not too much prob!).

When I'm done with them an even bigger robot-zombie-killing-machine type thing appears... and I'm screwed.  Strauss was yelling to get out of the room, but I don't think there's a way out. Partly I'm in trouble because I don't know the best weapon to use against the spider things, so I'm low on health by the time I get to the boss-thing.

If anyone knows... could you give me a very tiny spoiler (or a series of a few of them, so I can look at one at a time if I need them) - like, what weapon is best against the spider things... what weapon is best against the boss... tips to avoid their blasts, where's the best place to hide and the best strategy to hit them without being hit, etc.

SPOILERS OMG SPOILERS BELOW:

If I remember correctly you're supposed to be killed by the super large spider guy. Then you'll, undergo, "treatment."

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 07:25:25 PM »

Hmmm... all I get when I die is the "normal" message that I'm dead, then I'm given the choice of replaying the level or reloading the last game - like always happens when you die.  Didn't see any choice for getting treatment, nor did I get pulled into a cut scene showing anything like that.   :?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 08:34:29 PM »

SPOILERS *******

You just have to last a little while against him.  You can't kill him.  A cuy scene will launch soon.  I'm not sure if it is damage based or time based but YOU CAN'T KILL HIM.  Just be patient.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 11:22:35 PM »

Yeah, you just have to survive for so long. I managed to not take any damage from him at all for a good long while, then finally got smacked and the cutscene started.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 03:05:46 AM »

I ran behind a wall or beam or something and jumped out periodically to lob grenades at him, worked like a charm
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 06:42:48 PM »

Geeze, Louise!

I can't stand these things where you'd have to be an idiot savant to figure it out (and I'm only half of that combo  :lol: ).

I actually had found a great place to hide, I just kept thinking I had to kill him and kept popping out and getting fried.  Next time, I'll go hide  for longer and then try to get hit "a little bit".

Thanks everyone!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: