http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 09:37:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunting Hogzilla...Thief-style (Cabela's new game)  (Read 408 times)
Zekester
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »

Imagine stalking the 800-pound Hogzilla, through an open field riddled with big rocks and bushes, and having to get within 25 yards before taking the shot with nothing but your recurve bow.

But watch the wind......let your scent waft down his way and the hunt is over once he gets a whiff. And keep the noise down. Way down. If he hears you the hunt is again, over.

I just started playing Cabela's Pro Hunts and this was the only hunt (mission) left before I could move on from the southeast areas to the northeast. That was some intense gameplay, and right up there with any Thief mission i've ever played. True stealth.

So far, the game is pretty good. Animal AI is much better.....the animals will run if they see, hear or smell you. If they're predators and they're close, they will come after you. There was some grinding on some easier hunts to finally get to Hogzilla, though. And while this is slower-paced gameplay.....you cant just go running around the woods shooting shit.....it is also time-based which adds some urgency. It's a pretty good mix so far.

The game is based around new "Pro Hunts" that are like boss battles in regular games. Once you meet the requirements you enter the pro hunt and you'll get a short cutscene with pro hunters giving you tips before heading out. It definitely adds to the experience.

You can do "open" hunts to gain some experience (XP goes towards opening up new hunts and equipment), and there are side missions...err, hunts...that get you more XP.

So far the game is doing a good job of unlocking new stuff and hunts in a steady progressive manner. The graphics are prettier. And the animals have some nifty new realistic animations. And on the GPS map it will show your location with a purple cloud wafting in the direction of the wind, letting you know where not to hunt, along with pro tips for any area you click on. Nice.

edit: changed the topic title so you didnt think this was a Thief mod  icon_razz

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:23:00 PM by Zekester » Logged

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Zekester
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 01:58:47 PM »

biogamergirl's review pretty much summed up how I saw the game.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: