http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 06:37:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hulk: Ultimate Destruction  (Read 903 times)
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2005, 07:54:56 AM »

Since my PC broke down, I have been forced back into console games, and on a crazy whim I bought the new Hulk game.  I don't know why I did.  I hated the recent movie, I have never read a Hulk comic in my life, and I never touched that first game that came out at the same time as the movie.

I did kinda like the Hulk TV series when I was a kid, but then I also liked Knight Rider when I was a kid (I obviously had little taste in my favorite TV shows).

But I was bored, and needed something new to play.

My goodness, do I enjoy the heck out of this game.  I don't know why I enjoy it so much, each mission whoops me at least once, and it takes me at least 5 tries to win each boss, I absolutely suck at the mini games (I have only gotten one gold, mostly the rest are bronzes), and all this is on the EASY level.

But there is something about smashing the crap out of everything that just makes me giddy.  Maybe because I am so rigid in my real world behaviour.  I don't know.  Maybe because I can't play my PC games.  I don't know.

Anyone else out there enjoying it?  Anyone have any tips on how to beat the big annoying mechs and the jets?  I can get them if they are alone, but when there are two mechs on me, I am just constantly being flung between them like a big game of keep away.  Keep me away from getting to do anything that is.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 06:26:37 PM »

Yeah, there really is something fun and satisfying about it.  They got it right.  It really feels like you're stomping around a city.

There's actually a whole discussion about it here: http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8227

but the subject title of that one is annoying, so I'm happy to start a new discussion.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 01:45:05 AM »

I do like how the more damage you do, the more strength you get, but also the threat level goes up.  Of course, the more bad guys that show up, the more damage you do, so the stronger you get.

Unless you just suck at the whole co-ordinated button mashing like I do.

I have since found a good way of taking on the hulk sized mechs.  They don't do well if you do the elbow drop on them 3 times or so.  I have to get better at the targetting though.  It seems a little silly to be battling for my life against one of them, only to run up the side of a building and do an elbow drop on a passing civilian or a beat up car wreck.

I don't think this is a mediocre hulk game, so I guess that is why I missed the other thread.  I assumed that he was talking about the movie hulk game...

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:38:09 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
but the subject title of that one is annoying, so I'm happy to start a new discussion.

:roll:

... AAANYYYWAYS. Hulk - Ult destruction seems to be a very well implemented GTA clone. I enjoyed renting it and playing. I don't know that I'd ever pay full price, but it's a nice romp.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 11:06:05 PM »

I have Hulk for Sega, its a good game biggrin

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 11:43:03 PM »

Quote from: "Darren8r"

It was better on the SNES slywink

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 01:00:15 AM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"

Yeah it was pretty good on SNES, only played it for about 5 minutes at a friends one time. But Sega had them beautiful graphics biggrin hehe.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 01:07:48 AM »

First I'll go on topic:
I love Ultimate Destruction more every time I play it. I plan to play through at least a full second time in replay mode after I've unlocked all the moves. Some of the Hulk's more powerful moves that you don't receive until later are the most fun to use.

I particularly enjoy tossing tanks at Helicopters. That's some good fun.

Now back to Old-school Hulk!

Quote from: "Thin_J"

Yeah it was pretty good on SNES, only played it for about 5 minutes at a friends one time. But Sega had them beautiful graphics biggrin hehe.

?

The graphics were pretty much identical to my eyes. I remember playing through both.

I always thought the one big difference was that the Genesis game lacked a difficulty option, which put all of my friends off the game.

It was kind of hard now that I think about it. I just loved it so much I couldn't help but keep playing. That and one-punching The Leader off the little ledge at the end and down to his electrifying death was one of the most hilarious game endings I have ever encountered. I used to play through the game all the time just for that one moment. It was always good for a few laughs.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 01:16:13 AM »

Yeah I dunno what I was trying to say, I think the graphics were better, probably because I've played a SNES like only about 50 times in my entire life, but when it comes to Sega, I played alot more.

I never did beat the game, but his brute strength was frickin hilarious! It was a fun game no matter what system in my mind.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: